PDA

View Full Version : Im back racing again...!!

QuadJunkies
03-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I raced my 1st MX this season last wk end ,wasnt a ver y good turn out for the ladies( alot of them were at NASCAR and had other plans).I was a bag of nerves not knowing how my Back could handle it but I done OK! I am still not healed up compltely so Im just takin it easy out there and just making it more a fu nthing than competing for now until I build up my back muscles more, I was sore for three days after that race :o :p . We have State series this wk end and Im going to give it a try again ... Im just glad to be back out riding again!!:blah:

dunnonuttin
03-18-2005, 05:41 AM
thats cool i got my first race tonight. practice was great tuesday, i was fastest through the rythme section for novice and intermediate classes so thats where im gonna pull off from everyone and take the lead if i can take the holeshot off the gate and hold it till the rythme section. i'll let yall know how it goes tonight

wilkin250r
03-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Just take it easy QJ. I know you're really competative, but don't push yourself beyond your limits. Riding can be good for you, get things moving, working, and loosened up. Just realize that you're not at full potential, so don't let your competative spirit push you into a situation your body isn't ready to handle.

In the healing stages, second place is just fine. ;)

QuadJunkies
03-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Just take it easy QJ. I know you're really competative, but don't push yourself beyond your limits. Riding can be good for you, get things moving, working, and loosened up. Just realize that you're not at full potential, so don't let your competative spirit push you into a situation your body isn't ready to handle.

In the healing stages, second place is just fine. ;)
I know, I will just tell myself its not about winning its about RIDING and getting back into what I love. ;) Now I just need to CONVINCE myself of this and I will be good to go!! lol:p I just know Im gonna be dissapointed in myself, I am always negative on my riding even when I have a good night, I guess thats my way of making myself not settle for my riding and try harder maybe :ermm: . But seriously, I wont be pushing it , I still have to take pain pills from time to time when my back flairs up . Troy is a bag of nerves with me out ther and was sick to his stomach last week when I raced ...lol.. All will be good as long as I dont get landed on.... :eek: :o

QuadJunkies
03-18-2005, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by dunnonuttin
thats cool i got my first race tonight. practice was great tuesday, i was fastest through the rythme section for novice and intermediate classes so thats where im gonna pull off from everyone and take the lead if i can take the holeshot off the gate and hold it till the rythme section. i'll let yall know how it goes tonight
Did you just get over an injury or is this your FIRST race EVER??
Either way best of luck to ya and stay safe ;)

QuadJunkies
03-20-2005, 10:16 PM
I sucked sooo bad .... :o but I ended up with 3rd overall out of 8-9 ladies. I def. have some healing to do!!! :grr: :( I still had a BLAST! :blah: :macho

dunnonuttin~~~ how did ya do???!!!

dirtmomma
03-22-2005, 10:04 AM
Congrats on the 3rd QJ ;) hey thats not that bad at least you made it thru the race!!

We went TT racing a couple weekends ago & OH MAN what fun we had :D:D I got a 2nd & 4th :((air boot came off carb:mad:) we are getting ready for another one in April, the track is awesome!! I made a thread W/ PICS in the racing section ;)

Good luck @ your next race girl!!

QuadJunkies
03-23-2005, 12:59 AM
same to you DM!!! Im still sore after two days.... :o :p