PDA

View Full Version : start up

TheFontMaster
03-17-2005, 08:46 PM
I am a caouple days away from starting my motor. It has been sitting for about 3 months, and is dry as of now. I got a couple questions. First is that when filling the transmission with oil, I just fill it untill oil comes out the oil check thing. And the second, and this is what I am more concerned about is that the crankcase is dry, what should I do to keep from hurting anything, because I can't just put oil in like on a 4 stroke.

zedicus00
03-17-2005, 09:58 PM
fill it up till it comes out the hole put the screw in and add a touch more, did u soak yur clutch plates? and if its been dry for a while i would let it sit with oil in it for them to soak again. also kick the motor over a few times not trying to start it an even roll it around a lil to get oil on an in everything down there.

TheFontMaster
03-17-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by zedicus00
fill it up till it comes out the hole put the screw in and add a touch more, did u soak yur clutch plates? and if its been dry for a while i would let it sit with oil in it for them to soak again. also kick the motor over a few times not trying to start it an even roll it around a lil to get oil on an in everything down there.

Thanks, that solves one of my questions, now about the crankcase:confused:

JTRtrx250r
03-18-2005, 01:12 AM
dont worry about lubing the crankcase...the premix will do that as soon as you start it, but zeds right...add till it flows out the check screw...then just a tad more after you put the screw back.

Cant remember the exact #...but the case reads about 2 oz's more than actual oil in it, thats why you add just a tad extra (I'll dig up my foot-notes and double check, that # might not be correct, its a Honda flaw, most just go to the screw and "add a tad")

When you add the recommened amount..it wont even flow out the hole, especially after disassembaly its more crutial, you'll see a "at draining" and "at disassembaly", at draining..not all the volume of oil drains...thats why theres 2 oil specs sometimes