PDA

View Full Version : Tag T2 Bar question

Ridin' Jesse
03-17-2005, 07:21 PM
Do i have to buy new clamps, or can I just use the stock ones?

03-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
Do i have to buy new clamps, or can I just use the stock ones?

buy the T2 kit, it will come with the right clamps and everything to install

Ridin' Jesse
03-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Ok..i was just trying to find a way to save about 100$ lol

03-17-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Ridin' Jesse
Ok..i was just trying to find a way to save about 100$ lol

ya...u need the mount kit for it, it raises the bars 7/8'' and you can run all the big bars, the mounts are billet and anodized and the bolts are polished, so it looks nice when finished

Ridin' Jesse
03-17-2005, 08:06 PM
Alright thanks for the info.!

ny300exrider
03-18-2005, 04:53 AM
just get the universal 1 1/8th clamps. they are like 30 dollars unless you need the tag clamps that have the hole for the key and temp light. i got pro taper universal clamps, fat bars, and a bar pad for 70 dollars cheaper than the t2 kit and all i had to do was relocate my ignition and temp light

03-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by ny300exrider
just get the universal 1 1/8th clamps. they are like 30 dollars unless you need the tag clamps that have the hole for the key and temp light. i got pro taper universal clamps, fat bars, and a bar pad for 70 dollars cheaper than the t2 kit and all i had to do was relocate my ignition and temp light

pro taper bars are a little weaker then t2, they have more a tendasency to break, i used the t2 bars off my 400ex so it didnt have the temp light or key thing, you can get the universal clamps and the bars seperate and save money, but then you need the bar pad and cover, so really you might as well just buy the kit, the only thing the kit gives you that you dont need is grips i believe, but i got all my stuff really cheap thanks to sponsors

03-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
pro taper bars are a little weaker then t2, they have more a tendasency to break, i used the t2 bars off my 400ex so it didnt have the temp light or key thing, you can get the universal clamps and the bars seperate and save money, but then you need the bar pad and cover, so really you might as well just buy the kit, the only thing the kit gives you that you dont need is grips i believe, but i got all my stuff really cheap thanks to sponsors

hey, meek. did you hear that?