PDA

View Full Version : Gt thunder or tc racing exhaust

Nick110
03-17-2005, 07:07 PM
which pipe is better and louder for Mx riding. thanks. or if there is a better pipe. for a 400ex

Jingle 11
03-17-2005, 07:26 PM
sorry its not in your picks but i believe that a hmf is just as good if not better than those pipes.

wheeltrax
03-17-2005, 07:36 PM
i love my HMF also, but i havnt used either of the other 2 to have any opinions on them. Most likely they are just as good as they are both made by two respectable companies/engine builders.

Fast350ex
03-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Go with Curtis Sparks,great sound, great performance. I have an x-6 on my 400.
I also had a BIG GUN on my 300, it sounds great also.
I would say, if you want the loudest get a TC (very loud)
I have never owned a GT thunder or HMF so I can't help you there.

JDiablo
03-17-2005, 07:53 PM
You can't go wrong with either,both will be very loud,but i think the TC is louder,ill let you know in a couple of weeks when i get my engine back,but my TC pipe will be here tomorrow

Dave400ex
03-17-2005, 08:52 PM
That picture is nice. :blah: The TC is a good MX pipe no doubt.

JDiablo
03-18-2005, 06:41 AM
lol haha i should get it today

mx400
03-18-2005, 02:22 PM
TC's pipes are designed for racing applications. They like to be in the rpms all the time. I have had HMF and the X-6 from Sparks and I just recently got my TC pipe and I will tell you that the TC pipe is louder and has a better power curve for mx racing than either of the other 2 I have owned.

hondarider2006
03-18-2005, 03:23 PM
I have to say TC. I know I like mine:cool:

2muchquad
03-18-2005, 08:21 PM
man its amazing how these aftermarket companies make big money "robbing" the naive atv crowd.they want $400 for a slip on exhaust!thats crazy no matter what brandyou buy,guess what the common denominator is?a aluminum shell with a fiberglass wrapped perforated core.sure they are different styles of endcaps but basically theyare the same.they know if they give them some "EYE APPEAL" like chrome or something fancy they will sell them.Any pipe within reason will be an improvement over stock.yoshi,sparks,tc,etc. are good pipes if you like paying for the name.the tc pipe is LOUD because it has no sound dampening!look how small it is.i could see paying around $200 maxfor a slipon(like the HMF)if you like it to be pretty but anything more is just crazy.consider this,Would Doug Gust still win if he ran say a Cobra or DG exhaust?yup he sure would,but since he gets paid to run the high dollar stuff so the clowns from the general public wil want what he gots.am i an expert?nope im an electrician but i have built my share of engines to know what does work.right now i run a yz426 stock silencercut down about 6in.it sounds deep and kinda loud but its how i like it.cost me $25 off ebay.good day gents..:)

JDiablo
03-18-2005, 08:54 PM
here is the TC i just got today

hondarider2006
03-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
here is the TC i just got today

how much did you pay for that new?

JDiablo
03-18-2005, 09:59 PM
its used...and 220 with the stock header already cut :devil:

gojk
03-19-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
man its amazing how these aftermarket companies make big money "robbing" the naive atv crowd.they want $400 for a slip on exhaust!thats crazy no matter what brandyou buy,guess what the common denominator is?a aluminum shell with a fiberglass wrapped perforated core.sure they are different styles of endcaps but basically theyare the same.they know if they give them some "EYE APPEAL" like chrome or something fancy they will sell them.Any pipe within reason will be an improvement over stock.yoshi,sparks,tc,etc. are good pipes if you like paying for the name.the tc pipe is LOUD because it has no sound dampening!look how small it is.i could see paying around $200 maxfor a slipon(like the HMF)if you like it to be pretty but anything more is just crazy.consider this,Would Doug Gust still win if he ran say a Cobra or DG exhaust?yup he sure would,but since he gets paid to run the high dollar stuff so the clowns from the general public wil want what he gots.am i an expert?nope im an electrician but i have built my share of engines to know what does work.right now i run a yz426 stock silencercut down about 6in.it sounds deep and kinda loud but its how i like it.cost me $25 off ebay.good day gents..:)

Some of this is true, although alot of it doesn't tell the whole story. Sure most of the slipons are just aluminum wrapped around a fiberglass core, but a lot of other factors go into that also. Such as slip on length and inlet and outlet diameters which has a big factor in where the power is going to be gained. I wouldn't pay much more than $250 for a slip on unless I was getting one that was made far quieter than the rest, because, look at the shootouts, there is like 1-2 hp difference which could simply be jetting changes.

QuadRacer041
03-19-2005, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by gojk
Some of this is true, although alot of it doesn't tell the whole story. Sure most of the slipons are just aluminum wrapped around a fiberglass core, but a lot of other factors go into that also. Such as slip on length and inlet and outlet diameters which has a big factor in where the power is going to be gained. I wouldn't pay much more than $250 for a slip on unless I was getting one that was made far quieter than the rest, because, look at the shootouts, there is like 1-2 hp difference which could simply be jetting changes.

i couldnt have said it better myself, not only well put but 100% correct.

i have a tc on my crf and i love it, i have never used the pipes mentioned but i know that the tc works for me,lol
from what ive heard the tc is a great bottom end pipe for mx and a sparks is more of a top end pipe, just depends what your looking for.

Dave400ex
03-19-2005, 08:55 AM
300exrida how do you like the pipe? Looks pretty good doesn't it?

JDiablo
03-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
300exrida how do you like the pipe? Looks pretty good doesn't it?

man i wish i had my engine,this is going to be one LOUD SOB!!!! imma take that black part off today and maybe send it to Pappy and get cermaic coated,and imma grind down the welds in the header pipe on monday,but it is nice and shiny to,thanks alot love it

Dave400ex
03-19-2005, 09:43 AM
I always wanted to have the header and the mid-pipe ceramic coated, just never did. Actually that black part hasn't been out for a long time, so it could be hard to get out...

JDiablo
03-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
I always wanted to have the header and the mid-pipe ceramic coated, just never did. Actually that black part hasn't been out for a long time, so it could be hard to get out...

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!! holy chit i didnt feel like messing with it so i left it and i polished it up a bit more

JDiablo
03-19-2005, 11:46 AM
it is a chit load shorter then my HMF

2muchquad
03-19-2005, 01:38 PM
that tc pipe is made by supertrapp?pardon my ignorance,i didnt know:confused:

JDiablo
03-19-2005, 01:43 PM
lol no ignorance here,it starts out as a suppertrap,and TC modifies them

you can see they just throw a sticker over it,you can see the supertrapp logo behind it

Dave400ex
03-19-2005, 09:40 PM
It looks real good mounted up. I always liked the TC for 2 reasons, it looks so much different from all the other pipes so it stuck out, and the sound...

I am very impressed with the full HMF though. I do feel that it has a bit more power, which is all because of the header with having some engine work I believe. I got my custom +2" Terry clutch cable so now I can really test it out.

JDiablo
03-19-2005, 09:42 PM
im going to oredr a powerbong header to go with it,it will need some modifications but it will be good enough,how much louder is the TC then the HMF btw?

Dave400ex
03-19-2005, 09:52 PM
It's a whole lot louder. The HMF sounds good no doubt, the TC is just out of control really. Our friends half mile down the road could hear mine idleing in my driveway. The people that live behind us said it would shake/rattle their windows when I rode right at the edge of the property line. :eek2:

JDiablo
03-19-2005, 09:54 PM
damn,lol hear you idle a half a mile away,the HMF is about 106DB's how loud would you say the TC is?

Dave400ex
03-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Well our local guy tested a YFZ with the full TC and it was 127, but louder then mine. I would still think over 115...

JDiablo
03-19-2005, 10:01 PM
pfff 115 holy chit:eek:

Dave400ex
03-20-2005, 07:39 AM
I would guess around there. It's hard to tell, but it's really loud.

JDiablo
03-20-2005, 09:11 AM
lol it's all good,it is just going to get louder because im going to order a aftermarket header:D

TCracin440ex
03-20-2005, 05:29 PM
header no good with taht pipe bro...if your makin your bike for mx you want all the bottom end you can possibly get for that extra umph out the turns....a header dont do nothin bud add topend

blaster_rider68
03-20-2005, 05:50 PM
curtis sparks are loud and have alot of power output

hondarider2006
03-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by blaster_rider68
curtis sparks are loud and have alot of power output

yeah....and your point is?:huh