PDA

View Full Version : razr tires

redexrider4290
03-17-2005, 05:28 PM
i am looking for some new tires i found some razr's for pretty cheap (35 a piece) but they dont look like they have that much of a knobb on them i want something taht isgoing to give me good traction around the trails will the razrs give good traction -does anyone know how big the knobby is on them and will they last long

nikejoe
03-17-2005, 05:56 PM
I have 4-new razrs on my 400ex. I really like them. They are real similar to the holeshots. My brother had a set on his raptor and they seemed to wear pretty quickly but he was riding on blacktop some too. I like them well enough to buy them, and so far am really happy. I ordered them off rockymountain.com. Good luck!:D

redexrider4290
03-17-2005, 06:00 PM
thanks i ride on blacktop some to will they were faster than the stock tires on my 250 and how big is the knobby

nikejoe
03-17-2005, 06:10 PM
The knobs in the center of the tire are just a little over 1/2". From the side it looks pretty aggressive. They get around ALOT better than my stock 400ex tires. Which may be a bad comparison, because they were so bald!:D I think you would be happy with them for the price. They have one with bigger knobs, but they are more expensive! THe holeshot HD and the I-razor are bothe knobbier, but also cost alot more!

redexrider4290
03-17-2005, 06:15 PM
so the razrs have about a 1/2 inch knobby you are talking about the razr ones right not the 2's but they do sound pretty good if those are the ones you are talkkng about

nikejoe
03-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Yes the plain old cheap razrs. That is about what mine measured in the center and they have about 3 rides on them so far. Good luck!

grabberblue
03-17-2005, 06:33 PM
I just got 4 irazrs from a guy on ebay called motorcycle dream shop for 277 with free shipping . he said he had over a hundred and needed to blow them out. they run pretty true and dont have any mold problems soo i dont think they are blems or seconds

grabberblue
03-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey redexrider ,do they stiil ride up in whiteford md around the quarrys?

redexrider4290
03-17-2005, 06:44 PM
yes i live like 5 minuets away from there

and i heard the razrs were only 4 ply has anyone had any puncture problems or are they pretty tough

thats cool to here someont talk about a place near me

grabberblue
03-17-2005, 06:56 PM
Do you know the guys who had the pic in dirtwheels? they had sportbikes from delta. I had a freind wreck real bad down your way ,they landed the med-evac coptor behind the delta family resturant.

redexrider4290
03-18-2005, 06:01 PM
yeah i ride with those guys that had taht pic i went up to there cabin in the mountains with them last easter weekend but i ride with them like every weekend they live by a place called the dust mills its pretty legendry around here and they own some of the land wat was that guys name who wrecked i ride right around the delta family restuarant too
o yeah about the quarries some guy judt died there this winter he went off the trial and ended up driving over a cliff on his quad and he broke through the ice they sent divers in and found him i dont think they found the quad

redexrider4290
03-18-2005, 06:02 PM
we are going to send some more pictures into dirt wheels