PDA

View Full Version : squeeky 250

redexrider4290
03-17-2005, 05:25 PM
My 250ex squeeks really bad it is around the shock/ a-arm in the front and the shock in the back some people have told me to grease the bearings some have told me "it's just something they do" wat should i do

DeerNuts
03-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Do what they told you to do and your squeaks should go away.
Make sure to routinely lube ANY moving part on your bike (besides the engine of course, which is taken care of). Otherwise your gonna hear more squeaks than youll hear motor and thats gonna lead to problems down the road.

Look in your owner's manual for further information on how to care for you bike.

btw, just dont follow the break-in recommendations;)
theres probably a couple others that shouldnt be in there also:p

cb550man
03-18-2005, 05:53 AM
you need to take the bottom part of the shock off and remove the bushing. grease it and put it back in and you will be fine.had the same problem.I just went ahead and did all 3 shocks right away.

redexrider4290
03-18-2005, 05:21 PM
i was talking to my freind that was going to help me an dhe mentioned "the shock has pressure in it to absorb the landings and bumbs if you take it apart it is going to take the pressure out then you really be in troubel because i dont know how to get it back in" is this true and if i take the bottom part of the shock off will it let the pressure

cb550man
03-21-2005, 05:47 AM
no you don't take the shock apart. You remove the bottom of the shock from the swingarm. There is 1 bolt that connects the shock. this is where the bushing is. I suggest if you are not real mechanically inclined to take it to a dealer.

jpconard
04-07-2005, 07:50 PM
I use a lot of WD-40 on my 250EX. You can also take apart A-arm bushing and grease them.