PDA

View Full Version : Any aftermarket support for an E-ton 50?

Bling
03-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Just bought my kid one of these. I already fought with the damn rev limiter so it'll actually climb a driveway now. I put a little K&N filter on it that I had from a Salorr pocket bike. Wondering if there's anything like pipes or wheels maybe? Thanks in advance.

-Mike

little50
03-17-2005, 05:38 PM
I got my son a 2003 Eton 50, It was pretty easy to bypass the rev limiter, all I had to do was clip a green wire in back of the cdi and it was done, But the newer models have the adjustable numbered cdi, sorry can't comment on that.
My son's eton in stock form was suprisingly fast, even with me on it :D
There our alot of companies that sell parts for the eton and most engine parts are interchangable with most mini's
I have bought from WRH Racing, Hetrick Racing and miniatvs.com
All were great people and helped out alot.

little50
03-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Bling
I put a little K&N filter on it that I had from a Salorr pocket bike.

-Mike

If you add more air (K&N ) you need to re-jet ( more fuel ) or you might fry that motor.

Bling
03-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I had a little lean stumble after I did that. I moved the needle and played with the mixture screws. Seems to be fine now. I've still got some Salorr 49cc parts laying around. I'm gonna see if the carb will work. It was off some 80cc pocket bike and worked good on mine. Might try it on the E-Ton. THe dealer I bought it from wanted $90 to modify the rev limiter.....I looked for 2 minutes on the net and found out how to do it. Turn of a pocket screwdriver and bye-bye 10mph, hello 20mph. The thing was so weak stock, it wouldn't even climb our driveway with her on it. She's only 45#'s:rolleyes: Thanks guys.

-Mike

Quadude32
03-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Where on the net did you find how to bypass the rev limiter ? We just got our daughter a 01 50cc eton and it seems to be lacking of power it wont climb our driveway either LOL Thanks

Bling
03-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I just Yahooed "E-Ton Modifications" and found a few pages. Not sure about the older ones, but mine just had a dial on the CDI box numbered from 0-7. Turned it to 7 and now she rips.:D

QuadJunkies
03-23-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Bling
Just bought my kid one of these. I already fought with the damn rev limiter so it'll actually climb a driveway now. I put a little K&N filter on it that I had from a Salorr pocket bike. Wondering if there's anything like pipes or wheels maybe? Thanks in advance.

-Mike We have the Eton 50 and we have a WRH race Pipe on ours and added a Airsal 70 and long with roller weights/clutch kit and this thing kicks butt for a 50!! :blah: :macho I can post some pics of the pipe if you like... :)

Bling
03-23-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
We have the Eton 50 and we have a WRH race Pipe on ours and added a Airsal 70 and long with roller weights/clutch kit and this thing kicks butt for a 50!! :blah: :macho I can post some pics of the pipe if you like... :) For sure, I'd love to see a tricked out E-Ton. Post away.

QuadJunkies
03-23-2005, 11:58 PM
heres a thread with some pics of the pipe...

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117193

QuadJunkies
03-23-2005, 11:59 PM
heres one with him after the mods.... :devil: :blah: :macho

QuadJunkies
03-24-2005, 12:01 AM
:)

Bling
03-24-2005, 07:54 AM
OMFG!!!:eek2: Can't believe thats the same bike! Little dude looks like a bada** sliding that thing around. WAY COOL. Please by all means send me some links to where I can start finding some of that stuff. Looks like the HRC cam will have to wait a while :D

-Mike

QuadJunkies
03-24-2005, 09:29 AM
LOL! thanks, Im pretty proud of my lil man hes stepped it up some this year :)

I PM'd you some info. Let me know if you need anymore info and let me know what ya get!!! !