PDA

View Full Version : Got an interesting offer today!!

Matt37
03-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Well, Today i went to County Corvette (the place that is doing the winter restoration to my 63) and he said he knew a guy that wanted a fuelie. I said okay who is he, he gave me his number so i called him. The guy says yea iam looking for a 63 fuelie we got talking and i told him i also have a judge and he tells me he has a 1963 zo6 corvette, now if you dont know the history of the 1963 zo6 corvette look it up, There are 20 of them in exsistence. He said it is on ebay now and iam looking to sell it but he said he will end the auction early and trade me my judge and 63 for his 63 zo6 straight up.

I got a tough decision to make!!! I have no clue what to do

Just thought i would share this and let you guys see this beauty ----------->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4534836918

trick450r
03-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
Well, Today i went to County Corvette (the place that is doing the winter restoration to my 63) and he said he knew a guy that wanted a fuelie. I said okay who is he, he gave me his number so i called him. The guy says yea iam looking for a 63 fuelie we got talking and i told him i also have a judge and he tells me he has a 1963 zo6 corvette, now if you dont know the history of the 1963 zo6 corvette look it up, There are 20 of them in exsistence. He said it is on ebay now and iam looking to sell it but he said he will end the auction early and trade me my judge and 63 for his 63 zo6 straight up.

I got a tough decision to make!!! I have no clue what to do

Just thought i would share this and let you guys see this beauty ----------->http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4534836918

it would take me about 2 seconds to tell him to throw me the keys....

Quad18star
03-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Here's how I would approach this ....

Drive , fly or hitch hike down to where he is and look over the car REAL good . Find the TRUE value of this Z06 .... then add up the prices that you can get for your 2 cars combined . I know your 2 cars are worth a ton of cash ... but is his Vette worth more?? When I just looked , his auction was up to $135 000 .... can you get a combined price for both your cars that would add up or exceed that amount ( I personally believe you can) .

But now think .... prices for classic cars and rare cars is at an all time high right now . I watched the Barett Kackson auction from Scottsdale and the cars were selling for big bucks . If there is only 20 of these cars in existance , then chances are you can get well over $200 000 to the right buyer at one of the Barrett Jackson auctions ( if you decide you want to sell it ) .

Im not sure how rare fuelies are ... but I know there are many Judges out there ( more than 20 thats for sure lol) . I'd look over his car REAL good ... make sure everything is correct with numbers matching . Make sure that if there was a body off resto that it was done properly ( sorry I didn't read his full add on ebay) ... where every original detail is still in place ... that there is still the paint marking from the factory check ( dabs of paint on bolts and certain areas) . I'm sure you know all about this since you have what seems like 2 very wikked cars .

It'll be taking a chance .... but it could be one that is well worth it . Do your cars have sentimental value ... where they passed down through the generations .... are they cars you've owned since you were young .... those are all things that would make me consider the trade or not .

Good luck .... and hey ... if you want a 69 Cuda fastback 340 ( non #s matching) let me know ... I think the old man is going to put his for sale this spring . Full body off restoration completed last winter . :D The car is a STRONG runner with the 340 in it also .

Matt37
03-17-2005, 04:48 PM
Here's how I would approach this ....

Drive , fly or hitch hike down to where he is and look over the car REAL good . Find the TRUE value of this Z06 .... then add up the prices that you can get for your 2 cars combined . I know your 2 cars are worth a ton of cash ... but is his Vette worth more?? When I just looked , his auction was up to $135 000 .... can you get a combined price for both your cars that would add up or exceed that amount ( I personally believe you can) .

But now think .... prices for classic cars and rare cars is at an all time high right now . I watched the Barett Kackson auction from Scottsdale and the cars were selling for big bucks . If there is only 20 of these cars in existance , then chances are you can get well over $200 000 to the right buyer at one of the Barrett Jackson auctions ( if you decide you want to sell it ) .

Im not sure how rare fuelies are ... but I know there are many Judges out there ( more than 20 thats for sure lol) . I'd look over his car REAL good ... make sure everything is correct with numbers matching . Make sure that if there was a body off resto that it was done properly ( sorry I didn't read his full add on ebay) ... where every original detail is still in place ... that there is still the paint marking from the factory check ( dabs of paint on bolts and certain areas) . I'm sure you know all about this since you have what seems like 2 very wikked cars .

It'll be taking a chance .... but it could be one that is well worth it . Do your cars have sentimental value ... where they passed down through the generations .... are they cars you've owned since you were young .... those are all things that would make me consider the trade or not .

Good luck .... and hey ... if you want a 69 Cuda fastback 340 ( non #s matching) let me know ... I think the old man is going to put his for sale this spring . Full body off restoration completed last winter . The car is a STRONG runner with the 340 in it also .

Thanks for your opinion, as for what you said as of right now it is a gamble, reason being is right now i can prob get more for the 2 cars i have combined than the zo6. However iam looking into the future thinking about which one will be more rare the zo6 or the judge and fuelie as for the fuelie there are alittle less than 300 fuelie coupes made so they are rare as well and judges there are about 6 thousand something 69 judge coupes. Personal value is not a probelm because i restore and sell muscle cars all the time, only about 1 month ago i posted a pic of my camaro on here and about 2 weeks after that i had it sold. I have owned about 30 muscle cars or so in the past 20 years so i go through them fairly quickly. As for seeing the car i actually did see this at numerous NCRS meeting that i went to. I Just did not know the owner untill now. It is a immaculate car as you would expect. It got the zoro dontov award of excellence at every show it went to. The zoro award is to like the best restored corvette at the show it is the highest award a corvette can get. I know iam taking a risk but i defenitly have to think about it, As for the fastback sounds nice but iam a chevy man throughout. :D

Another thing iam worried about is i love to drive my cars. Is a car of this value going to be driveable i mean the owner now DOES NOT drive it! he trailers it to shows takes it home and puts it into the garage until the next show. I would want to drive it so bad and even though i keep my judge and fuelie very nice and have strict rules when driving them (NO SHOPPING CENTERS :eek2: ) I still drive them.

Well i know one thing if i do get this vette i will defenitly get the new 2006 zo6 to match.

Quad18star
03-17-2005, 05:04 PM
Yup ... it's gunna be a tough decision for sure . But like you said , you like to drive your cars ... now if you get this Z06 .... with only 20 of them made ... you want to keep it in prestine condition and have LOW miles on it . Every mile put on it , will depreciate it's value by a little bit .

I know personally if it were me with the Z06 .... it would be garaged and trailered to events only , just because of it's rarety . I hate seeing trailer queens , but sometimes you just have no other choice ... and for me it wouldn't be an option to be driving it to events or around town . You never know what might happen ... and if you were to ever get in an accident or have someone hit you ... how do you replace a car with so little of them ever produced .

Now if you buy a new Z06 , you wouldn't have a problem . Store the oldie and drive the new one . :blah:

Either way , I'm sure you will be satisfied if you do the trade or if you keep the 2 other cars . Personally I would do the trade . You said you like building cars .... I'm sure you would/could build another one to drive and keep the Vette stored away . It's an excuse to build another anyways . :devil:

Bust out the old " Sorry Hunny ... I NEED to build another car cuz I can't drive the Vette ... " :blah:

Juggalo
03-17-2005, 05:15 PM
screw the value man...the fuelie vette is pretty vuluable already and judges are just plain bad ***.. take it from somebody that has a rare car (1970 shelby GT500). their not all their cracked up to be. sure you have bragging rights and you have something you can sell and make lots of money but to me its all about driving the cars and having fun. im not the biggest vette fan (althought i do know quite a bit about em) but judges are one of my fave cars ever. id keep the vette and the judge...but i guess if you really want that rare *** z06 id get it but if you like drivin your cars all the time and showin em off id just keep what you have, i know id prob never part with those cars if i owned them

Matt37
03-17-2005, 05:21 PM
screw the value man...the fuelie vette is pretty vuluable already and judges are just plain bad ***.. take it from somebody that has a rare car (1970 shelby GT500). their not all their cracked up to be. sure you have bragging rights and you have something you can sell and make lots of money but to me its all about driving the cars and having fun. im not the biggest vette fan (althought i do know quite a bit about em) but judges are one of my fave cars ever. id keep the vette and the judge...but i guess if you really want that rare *** z06 id get it but if you like drivin your cars all the time and showin em off id just keep what you have, i know id prob never part with those cars if i owned them

Thanks man, You got yourself a rare one as well. They are about the only fords i like, that and the cobrajet! Yea the biggest fear i have is being able to drive it because i hate trailer queens as well. Although even i admit i do trailer my fuelie every once in awhile i took it to NC this past year, And there is no way it would have made it all the way there, All the members of my corvette club toured DEI and it was pretty amazing seeing Dale Jr sit in your car telling you it is the nicest vette he has seen (probably says that to everyone). But anyway i hear ya about the Judge i got the thing last summer and have fallen in love with it.

Matt37
03-17-2005, 06:48 PM
also if you dont mind post some pics of that gt500 :D

trick450r
03-17-2005, 06:59 PM
sorry for the noob question matt37...but what exactly is a fuelie vette?...i would ask my dad but hes asleep haha....

Matt37
03-17-2005, 07:15 PM
sorry for the noob question matt37...but what exactly is a fuelie vette?...i would ask my dad but hes asleep haha....

LOL, basiclly a fuelie vette means that it has a fuel injected system in it. What a fuel injected system does is it basiclly makes it easier to carburate and things like that. It was also a very expensive option back in the day (around $400 some odd dollars) which back then was alot of money for an option). There were alittle more than 1,500 fuelie 63 split window vettes made. It real is not that big of a deal performance wise. No doubt it helps but today it raises the value of the car ALOT!!!

I just talked to one of my friends in my corvette club and he knows a guy that has a 1963 zo6 as well. He isnt selling it this one is even more special he has Mikey Thompsons 63 zo6 :eek2: He told me that he has gotten some outragious offers but wont budge. For those of you who dont know who Mikey Thompson is do a google search i dont feel like explaining.

fst400exrider
03-17-2005, 07:34 PM
id trade for that vette in a heatbeat:D

chucked
03-17-2005, 07:36 PM
$135 g's!!!!!!!!

MOFO
03-17-2005, 07:47 PM
honestly... if it all add's up as being true and in great shape, do it and dont look back. What your talking about is an investment in car history - very cool in my book... not to mention the car. :D

Matt37
03-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks for all the replies guys, Iam happy to see there are alot of car nuts on here like me. It is defenitly a risk it can go either 2 ways the judge quickly gains tons of value and i lose out or i make some money, because i dont see these 63 zo6's going down in value any time soon. Not many people even knew Corvette made a zo6 in 63 people prob thought they just started it back in 01 that is what i love about that car when i say 1963 zo6 people go :huh. LOL

honda350r
03-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey Matt, I have a 63 Corvette trans case on ebay right now..If you restore cars this would be a great buy ..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7961578027&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Matt37
03-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey Matt, I have a 63 Corvette trans case on ebay right now..If you restore cars this would be a great buy ..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...TRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Thanks man, but my 63 just had a frame off last year.Almost every piece on that car is brand new, But iam sure you will sell it. Alot of restorers when they are looking for cheap restored parts ebay is the first place they look.:D

bama400ex
03-17-2005, 08:29 PM
well i can see how this is a tough choice for you. it would be awesome to own a vette with only 20 like it in the world. no doubt it will be worth some major major bucks someday. then if you ever sell it you could buy even more classic cars. but im sure you have thought about that plenty. if somebody gave me $100,000 and said i had to spend it all on old cars i would have 6 or 7 real nice drivers. that way i could have fun driving them and not worry to much if something happened. throw some big blocks in them from the big time engine builders. make a few clones and what not. i guess im different than alot of people. i love old cars and the classics and the ultra rare. but lifes to short for me to set and look at a car in a garage or haul it around on a trailer. good luck with your choice though. the z06 would be nice to own, and a good investment. but to me it belongs in some old mans garage and not in the hands of somebody like me who couldnt keep from driving it.

Plante400
03-17-2005, 08:37 PM
my dads got a R/T 440.

thing is mint an dit Haaaullss

Juggalo
03-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Matt37
also if you dont mind post some pics of that gt500 :D

i dont have any new pics of her...frankly im scared to take pics and have to hear people yell at me. she could use a restoration pretty bad right now. nothin too bad i guess...just new paint and interior pretty much...only 54000 original miles on her. but heres a pic of her from a while back.

keep us updated on what you decide to do and good luck with your descision!

Matt37
03-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks for posting the pic, Restore that baby i see american muscle cars going no where but up in value.

Chino
03-18-2005, 11:54 AM
i just looked at the car on ebay, it looks nice but i always take into cvonsideration the seller's feedback his is only 89.5% that may help you make your decision, he may be tellling you one thing and doing another, id keep your two cars just b/c there yours & sentimental (sp) value.

Matt37
03-18-2005, 10:15 PM
i just looked at the car on ebay, it looks nice but i always take into cvonsideration the seller's feedback his is only 89.5% that may help you make your decision, he may be tellling you one thing and doing another, id keep your two cars just b/c there yours & sentimental (sp) value.

I dont think that should be a problem. This guy is VERY reputable in the Corvette market and has owned several top of the line corvettes.

SGA
03-19-2005, 01:05 AM
Im repling to see what you will do. Personally I would not want a car I could not drive, but could this be a good profitable short term investment? I guess it depends on what the vette will be worth in 24-36 months. Do what feels right to you.
Let us know.

Matt37
03-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Yea iam really leaning towards keep my two cars that i have now, because i could not live having a car like that in my garage and not being able to drive it.