PDA

View Full Version : spilling spewing shooting gas

redrider311
03-17-2005, 02:41 PM
ok so heres the problem ...

the bottom of my carb.. at the bottom of the float basically.. is leaking a LOT of gas when i ride.. i know its not overflow because it does it when im on 4 wheels not just during a wheelie... i used to just ignore it.. but now its actually dripping onto myleg when i ride.. what do you think the problem is here?

NacsMXer
03-17-2005, 02:56 PM
It sounds almost as if the float bowl drain screw or the main jet cap could be loose. There is also an O-ring for the main jet cap that you should check. The float bowl O-ring could also be torn, causing it to leak. Your best bet is to go over all the bolts on the carb to make sure none of them are loose. Your float valve could also be stuck, causing it to leak whenever the fuel is turned to the ON position. This happened to my carb, the float valve was stuck, causing it to continuously leak out of the overflow hoses whenever I turned on the fuel.

redrider311
03-17-2005, 04:56 PM
what if i ripped back into the float and the bowl.. and i checked the O-rings... how do i fix the float valve from sticking? i know i had a problem there earlier and i rebuilt the carb.. so if its stuck what do i do to get it un-stuck.... thanks for any other sugestions too..

redrider311
03-17-2005, 09:52 PM
B to the U to the MP :p

balls2da-wall
03-18-2005, 11:21 AM
ive got a quick question...how do you stop it from coming out of the over flow tube when you ride wheelies?