PDA

View Full Version : ether stop ridding or control myself

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 12:16 PM
welp my dad just called and told me flat out... i stay in the hospital and my bike gets sold... he said if i keep having these wrecks and going to the hospital he has to sell my bike and never let me ride... or he sells the bike and i move down to a blaster... he says the bike might be to much for me and that im going to fast to have these wrecks... i actualy wouldn't mind the blaster idea, cuz thats what im posed to be on and i could race nationals sence im only 14 and i guess when im 16 i can move up to a 450 again...

nosliw
03-17-2005, 12:33 PM
tell him that if you get hurt again you wont make him take you to the hospital. no hospital=no bill for him, and that's what his problem is right?

Mxjunkie
03-17-2005, 12:48 PM
I've been in and out of the emergency room with broken bones and everything in-between, my dad just tells me to be careful

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 01:04 PM
the bill aint the problem... thats the least of his worries... its me getting hurt and hurting my self where it will fallow me the rest of my life... he's just tired of seeing me hurt and right now my back is all messed up and i have to wear a brace... and the doc. said if i dont do exacly what she tells me and i cant lift over 5 pounds and all the boloni i can be in a wheel chair the rest of my life...

my dad usualy just says becarfule but... i got off a broken leg 1 day before i had this wreck to F up my back...

trick450r
03-17-2005, 02:14 PM
ummm then a 400 or 450 or whatever you ride is prolly way to much then you can handle...im almost 16 and i have NEVER crashed on my 450r in the just over a year i have bean MXing it....

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 02:23 PM
i dotn think its to much for me... when i broke my leg i didnt make a double... and i didnt crash i just landed hard... this back wreck was me not knowing my turff and ridding fast in it...

hemi operator
03-17-2005, 02:31 PM
It sounds like your dad is just looking out for your best interest, which makes him a good parent. Riding at your age now is a huge freedom to enjoy and it's a very large part of your life.

There will come a time though when riding becomes a distant pastime for a while. Even if you have a bike, there will come a time when you just don't ride much because of everything else going on in your life. Marriage, college, kids, career, mortgage payments, all the things that young adulthood will bring you in 8-10 years. In those years, it sure as hell will suck to be in a wheelchair. Or, to miss them completely because you're a lingering vegetable or in a coma, or dead. Or, at the very least you'll have injuries from now that follow you all you're life. It will really suck not to be able to play catch with your future son because your shoulder is flaring up from that injury 10 years before because you just had to nail that certain jump. It's hard to see now, but when you get there, it certainly will not have been a worthy trade-off.

trick450r
03-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by hemi operator
It sounds like your dad is just looking out for your best interest, which makes him a good parent. Riding at your age now is a huge freedom to enjoy and it's a very large part of your life.

There will come a time though when riding becomes a distant pastime for a while. Even if you have a bike, there will come a time when you just don't ride much because of everything else going on in your life. Marriage, college, kids, career, mortgage payments, all the things that young adulthood will bring you in 8-10 years. In those years, it sure as hell will suck to be in a wheelchair. Or, to miss them completely because you're a lingering vegetable or in a coma, or dead. Or, at the very least you'll have injuries from now that follow you all you're life. It will really suck not to be able to play catch with your future son because your shoulder is flaring up from that injury 10 years before because you just had to nail that certain jump. It's hard to see now, but when you get there, it certainly will not have been a worthy trade-off.

thats sort of how my dad is...he doesn't ask me to back off of sumthing though...he encourages me to go bigger then i have, he doesn't push me but just encourage....he knows i live in the now....

ReconRider25
03-17-2005, 02:57 PM
my dad says the first time i crash or get hurt from riding he sells my quad and i never get another one until im out of his house. i have yet to crash. have you ever thought about riding within your abilities?

03-17-2005, 03:09 PM
ok im a doctor....if u push on the pain and it hurts alot....somethings wrong...if u got no apin when u do it...ur fine...hope this helps

SGA
03-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by One_Bad_400
and the doc. said if i dont do exacly what she tells me and i cant lift over 5 pounds and all the boloni i can be in a wheel chair the rest of my life...
You are 14 and have a serious injury. If I were your dad, I would sell your quad and put the money from it into a bank account for a car when you are ready to own one.

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 05:18 PM
i was ridding in my abilities... dont tell me you have never been in 4th gear in an open field:confused: ... i mean come on ever once and a wile just open the thing up and ride it like its made to... all i was doing is ridding in an open field... id riddin this field for about 2 weeks 3 hours a day... so i knew the field and i thoguth i already past the dip i hit and i didnt... ok if i hit a 150 foot triple maybe thats a litle out of my obilities but not by far...

jeepnrocks
03-17-2005, 05:24 PM
sorry if i sound like a jerk, but a 450 class quad is too much for a 14 year old. be patient, ride something smaller that you can handle. at 14 you dont have the muscular development to handle a 375 pound machine. there is also a reason why people arent allowed to drive till they are 16. your motor skills are not fully developed yet. get well , excercise to develop your body and have fun when your 16 or 17. there will probably be a better version of these sport quads out by then anyhow.
hope ya have a speedy recovery

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeepnrocks
[B]sorry if i sound like a jerk, but a 450 class quad is too much for a 14 year old. be patient, ride something smaller that you can handle. at 14 you dont have the muscular development to handle a 375 pound machine. there is also a reason why people arent allowed to drive till they are 16. your motor skills are not fully developed yet. get well , excercise to develop your body and have fun when your 16 or 17. there will probably be a better version of these sport quads out by then anyhow.
hope ya have a speedy recovery

i see what your saying... but ive been riding a 400 sence i was 10... and yall say i dont have the musculer developmeant to handel one... i can out run... out handle... out jump... out ride.... 90% of people around here, the only people that are around here that are as fast are my brother jackie meadows and a guy i've seen at a few races that lives in the next town... i've out ridden 20yr, 30yr olds on 450r on my ole 400ex and kfx... most people after i get done raceing or ridding with are like man how old are you... id say 13 or 14 how ever old i was then... and they would be like holy crap how does a guy liek you throw around a 400lbs bike like that... i dont know... i'm a natral on quads... i've ridding with jackie meadows a few times and he's like holy crap kid your fast a crap with your bike having stock suspention and how old i am...

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 05:43 PM
the only time i wreck is when im just ridding back in a field not even practicing or nothing... i've never wrecked in a race or practic its alway ben when im just ridding in a strait line in a field

nosliw
03-17-2005, 05:44 PM
i see what your saying... but ive been riding a 400 sence i was 10... and yall say i dont have the musculer developmeant to handel one... i can out run... out handle... out jump... out ride.... 90% of every one in Miles and miles... i've out ridden 20yr, 30yr olds on 450r on my ole 400ex and kfx... most people after i get done raceing or ridding with are like man how old are you... id say 13 or 14 how ever old i was then... and they would be like holy crap how does a guy liek you throw around a 400lbs bike like that... i dont know... i'm a natral on quads... i've ridding with jackie meadows a few times and he's like holy crap kid your fast a crap with your bike having stock suspention and how old i am... [/B]

true. age means nothing in this sport, it's ALL experience.

trick450r
03-17-2005, 05:49 PM
jeepnrocks...thats not entirely true...i was riding a full race 250r at age 13...and not putting around...when i was 14 i got a 450r...and not putting around on it...i have beatin many people that are over 18...25...35 anyway if your good enough which it seasm this kid may be (although i have never seen pics) their is no limit...their are naturals at everything...i like to think i am a natural but im to modest to say that about myself, it sounds like this kid is ok at riding.....just an example...at 15 years old i have pictures of me doing 80-85 foot doubles...a 90 foot triple...and hopefully the new triple at rausch...but we'll see how that goes...:D

jeepnrocks
03-17-2005, 05:56 PM
maybe i didnt phrase that correctly. no doubt you can be 13 or 14 and be extremely skilled. the point i was trying to make (which i didnt do a very good job of) is that at 14 your body isnt fully developed and a crash can be very serious. most 14 year olds don' have the muscle mass or strength that someon a few years older has. most peoples motor skills arent fully developed at that age either. all im saying by that is that if your a great rider at 14 then at 16 or 17 you may be phenomonal. so why not relax on something a bit smaller for a year or two, keep practicing and then move up when your body matures a bit. i really hope i don't sound like a jerk, i just hate seeing people get hurt!

MotoX3
03-17-2005, 06:27 PM
a natural on a quad that beats 20 and 30 year olds that wrecks alot...:ermm:

trick450r
03-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by jeepnrocks
maybe i didnt phrase that correctly. no doubt you can be 13 or 14 and be extremely skilled. the point i was trying to make (which i didnt do a very good job of) is that at 14 your body isnt fully developed and a crash can be very serious. most 14 year olds don' have the muscle mass or strength that someon a few years older has. most peoples motor skills arent fully developed at that age either. all im saying by that is that if your a great rider at 14 then at 16 or 17 you may be phenomonal. so why not relax on something a bit smaller for a year or two, keep practicing and then move up when your body matures a bit. i really hope i don't sound like a jerk, i just hate seeing people get hurt!

thanx for clarifying...didnt sound like a jerk at all

trick450r
03-17-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
a natural on a quad that beats 20 and 30 year olds that wrecks alot...:ermm:

are you talking about me or him...the only time i have ever crashed was a mis judge by me...i thought those rocks were a tad furthur away haha

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 07:06 PM
i dont wreck a lot... this is the first wreck i've had in a year... beside just like taking a turn and roling it... and hopeing righ tback on and rideing..

MotoX3
03-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
are you talking about me or him...the only time i have ever crashed was a mis judge by me...i thought those rocks were a tad furthur away haha him:chinese:

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 08:05 PM
whats the matter with wrecking every once and a wile and still be good... its not my scills that get me wrecked... its not knowing my turff... thats the only thing thats gottin me in a wreck in the last 2 years

JR3
03-17-2005, 08:07 PM
You got to have respect for your machine. You have to know that it will hurt you and just ride with in ur abilites unless teh wrecks werent ur fault.

Jingle 11
03-17-2005, 08:38 PM
Well i find some inconsitences in your posts. U said u just got back from a broken leg when u hurt ur back. Then u say you dont know your turf and that gets you in trouble. But you said u ride in that field all the time. And u just thought u passed the dip. Well seems to me you need to mature a little bit on the bike and in life before you jump back on. Dont get me wrong i was racing at 14 and at 15 i was clearing 70 ft tables on my 400. But i am 6'0 215 and i can bench more than my weight. so im prolly alot bigger than most my age. but still mature a little bit and then see how you do. btw im 16 now.

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 08:50 PM
welp if my dad does make me go down to a mid size quad... quad do yall think i should get... 300ex or blaster...

DeerNuts
03-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Depends on which bike you race. The Suzuki? Or the green version? I'd pick the Honda, based on the type of riding you said that you do.

How big are you anyway? I admire you if all that you say is true. Sorry, but some of it comes off bragging-- but if its true then I guess its not.

Only thing I found hard to believe is "riding a 400" at 10. Arent most kids kinda small at that age? Maybe you should've joined all those baseball players up on the Hill today:p (J/K man)

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
Depends on which bike you race. The Suzuki? Or the green version? I'd pick the Honda, based on the type of riding you said that you do.

How big are you anyway? I admire you if all that you say is true. Sorry, but some of it comes off bragging-- but if its true then I guess its not.

Only thing I found hard to believe is "riding a 400" at 10. Arent most kids kinda small at that age? Maybe you should've joined all those baseball players up on the Hill today:p (J/K man)

what do you mean by the suzuki or kawie... i ride a kawie... im 5'11'' when i was 10 i was 5'2''...h/o when i was 10 i think i was still on a trx90 i dont think i get the 400 till i was 11 or so... i wasnt racing the 400.. i dint start racing till i was 13... i was just ridding it behind my house and when we went trail ridding... i remember i was small when i started ridding it becasue i wasnt strong enought to lift it out of a rut when i got stuck lol

ya i realized some sounded like i was braging when i wrote it... but i was trying to prove myself or w/e

what do you mean all them base ball players... what b-ball players?

muddy400EX
03-17-2005, 09:25 PM
i think you just need to slow your *** down on the quads and stop talkin like your the best rider in the world.

and a 14yr. old on a 450? that right there is just trouble. im not trying to piss you off or sound like an ***, maybe you are really good,iono, but lil kids on big bikes is exactly what make this sport look so bad cuz they get on em and wreck them cuz they think they can handle it. and then you say that you get in wrecks all the time, hmmm:rolleyes:

bens250ex
03-17-2005, 09:26 PM
accually he was ridin a 400 at around age 10...i live accross the street from him and i remember the day they got the ole 400ex...wow time fly's anyways hunter you do need to calm it down you ride ball to the walls all the time....its a wonder ur not dead the way you ride..remember the prarie that day when ur bro was out in the jeep? i think you really do need to calm it down..i mean yea were all going to open our machines up but u just do it everyday and everyminet..ur a good rider but if u keep ridin like u do ur gonna wrap urself around a tree and kill urself

muddy400EX
03-17-2005, 09:29 PM
and how the hell do you have 5 quads?

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 09:33 PM
i bought them?

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i think you just need to slow your *** down on the quads and stop talkin like your the best rider in the world.

i wasnt acting liek im the bad *** of this world... i was just saying.. im sorry your jelious... lol j/p :D

muddy400EX
03-17-2005, 09:42 PM
your 14 and bought 5 quads? you must be one rich mother****er. and im not jelous of someone who gets injured all the time cuz he dont know how to ride:D j/p

DeerNuts
03-17-2005, 09:43 PM
i bought them?

And you payed for all the mods too? Thats impressive. You sure there wasnt a little help from mom and dad??

By "all those baseball players" I meant the ones that testified to the House today about steriods.

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
your 14 and bought 5 quads? you must be one rich mother****er. and im not jelous of someone who gets injured all the time cuz he dont know how to ride:D j/p

ya i know lol... i'd rather be ridding a 250ex and not get hurt then be ridding a 400 and 450 and be getting hurt

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
And you payed for all the mods too? Thats impressive. You sure there wasnt a little help from mom and dad??

oh ya i didnt mean i bought them... my dad does... he wont let me pay for them... i handed him 1 1/2 grand and he refuzed taking it and was liek save it for a rainy day

bens250ex
03-17-2005, 09:48 PM
here we go

z400 - paid by dad
the 450 in the z - paid by dad
the arms and elkas on the z-i dont remember who paid for them
swinger and all the other goodie- i dunno
400ex-dad
416 in the 400-dad
swinger for the 400-dont remember
praire-dad
banshee-dad
kfx that was tricked out when u got it -dad i think
front end on the kfx- HUNTER YAY u paid for somethin :D

who gives a **** who paid for tha stuff he has nice stuff but thats not the point u just need to slow it down thats tha point

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
here we go

z400 - paid by dad
the 450 in the z - paid by dad
the arms and elkas on the z-i dont remember who paid for them
swinger and all the other goodie- i dunno
400ex-dad
416 in the 400-dad
swinger for the 400-dont remember
praire-dad
banshee-dad
kfx that was tricked out when u got it -dad i think
front end on the kfx- HUNTER YAY u paid for somethin :D

who gives a **** who paid for tha stuff he has nice stuff but thats not the point u just need to slow it down thats tha point

i already said my daddy paid for everything :p

Quad18star
03-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Hey man ... I know the situation you are in . I was told by my Doctor/Surgeon that I should give up riding or I'll risk getting seriously injured and permanatly disabled for the rest of my life . I already have a pretty bad limp because of how severe my leg was broken ... it's now something I'll have to deal with for life , and arthritis is already starting to set into my leg .

I was also asked by my parents to sell the quad , as well as had friends suggest that I should sell it before getting seriously injured again . I've given it a LOT of thought , and came to the conclusion not long ago that maybe they are right . I put my YFZ up for sale . I just can't afford to get hurt once again . I can't afford to pay the medical bills , I can't afford to miss 9 months out of 12 months of work again .... most of all , I can't afford and don't want to be in a wheelchair by the time I'm 40 .

As much as I LOVE quads .... I had to draw the line somewhere . It'll hurt like hell to see my quad go ... but it hurts even more to see my parents , friends , family , girlfriend in tears when they have to come visit me in the hospital cuz I put a stick through my stomach or had a dirtbike try to rip my leg off . I'll stay involved in the sport and continue to support it ... just gotta step back and enjoy NOT being injured . Maybe that's what you have to think about also !!!!

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 10:03 PM
hey deernuts.... what did a kawasaki and suzuki mean anything????:confused:

Narly R
03-17-2005, 10:57 PM
The size of the bike doesnt matter as much as what you do! After a few trips to the hospital I made the decision. You cant ride much with a cast. Its not cool to push it over your head and crash, or try and act tough and not fix an ingury, it will be 100 times worse later, so dont ride over your head, you know what you can do, just think about what is the right way to do things before you go out and do it, go slow the 1st couple laps then push it. Sure let that guy pass you, in the long run you will catch up.

I say straighten up your act, I mean sure you will reck, thats acually good, then you know your limits, but dont be stupid about it, and keep the 450. Good luck, hope you heel good, and ride SMART!;)

One_Bad_400
03-17-2005, 11:09 PM
thanks, i probly am going to keep the KFX... you still have that cast on? i saw your pics of when you went to the track.. were you ridding with a cast... i rode with my cast but i didnt jump anything over 30-40 ft.

Samson
03-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Glad you ain't my kid. My wife woulda done slit my throat. :scary:

brian-250
03-18-2005, 04:17 PM
im only 14 to and so far, shatterd left arm, wrist, 4 fingers all together, one knuckle, collar bone, splinterd left leg (OUCH!), and prolly 200 stickes and 10000 bruise's.:eek2:

ive had my share but if you stay in your limits your fine, i do pay for my own stuff so that might help to.:o

One_Bad_400
03-18-2005, 05:05 PM
holy crap... my dad wouldnt even let me see a quad if all the hapened to me.. well i guess i'd rather have all that happen to me then hurting my back liek this

brian-250
03-18-2005, 06:08 PM
holy crap... my dad wouldnt even let me see a quad if all the hapened to me.. well i guess i'd rather have all that happen to me then hurting my back liek this

LOL!

i for got to add i had my knee drained once this summer to, and a few more, i have one little finge that is 1/4IN shorter then the other because i jammed it to many times?:confused: , any way, injuries are something you can live with, deforemities(is that a word?) are something you can live with to, keep on ridinf but be carefull man!:D

Buster
03-18-2005, 07:23 PM
I don't think its a matter of size. ONE time I let my 12yr old son hop on my 400ex and he quickly proved to me that he will not be riding it again for a long time. He took off with the throttle pinned for the first 3 gears like he had been riding it for years. Not a very smart thing to do. He can stay on his little xr100 until he starts to show a little mental maturity. I don't feel like peeling him off a tree anytime soon.