PDA

View Full Version : 400ex vrs raptor or warrior

BARRY
05-08-2002, 07:09 PM
i have only been riding about a year and all my friends have dirtbikes i recently met up with a few guys who ride a 2000 stock raptor a 2001 stock warrior and an old 80s blaster. i did not have my quad with me but i was invited to race them at there track wich consists of an oval with about 300foot straightaways. i have a 2001 400 ex mostly stock except a kn jets and filter and a t-4 exhaust i have never raced any other quads yet and have butterflys . how should i expect to do against these yamamaha guys

bansheeguy77
05-08-2002, 07:54 PM
well u should win. but being this is ur first race is it their 1st race 2? if their more experienced than u their going to win. but u should beat the warrior and blaster on cornering and power and the raptor has more power but it is waaay to narrow and will 2 wheel in the corners. if u know what your doing u should be fine. just dont go out and smash it ride to ur limits and have fun.

Nausty
05-09-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
well u should win. but being this is ur first race is it their 1st race 2? if their more experienced than u their going to win. but u should beat the warrior and blaster on cornering and power and the raptor has more power but it is waaay to narrow and will 2 wheel in the corners. if u know what your doing u should be fine. just dont go out and smash it ride to ur limits and have fun.

have you ever driven a raptor they really don't handle as bad as most people think they do? They are really a pretty good machine if you ask me.

bansheeguy77
05-09-2002, 03:12 PM
hmm yea actually i have many times. and i hate them more than any quad that was ever produced. why u ask simple....the owners are like blaster owners they like to talk alot of **** about how fast their quad is but when the race comes their always last. some kid at the coal banks was talking **** about my shee i said lets race up that hill if ur raptors so bad. he said ok that he will beat me 2 bad. well i pulled the holeshot by like 4 lengths and let off cause i thought he wasnt racing but then he came up side by side and when we hit the hill i pulled ahead of him and threw a nice roost on his beautiful raptor :D at the end i beat him by like 8 lengths. it they would be wider and lower and owners would not talk so much **** they would be fine. o yea my neighbor had 1 he put a pc pipe on and jetted it and he swore it would do 110. broke out the shee hmmm raptors about 5 lengths back....so either raptors suck along with the ppl that own them or i have about a 120 mph shee take ur pick.

Nausty
05-09-2002, 07:45 PM
yeah I agree about most people not buying them. Most of the people i've seen that have them really arn't that good and just buy it because they think its all big and bad from what the mags say and the looks. I think they are alright machines for a four stroke and because its pretty easy to get a lot of hp out of.

05-11-2002, 05:01 PM
i hate raptors so much. they handle like ****. that would be the last atv that i would buy. what do all of you think. they might have a lot of power but its a yamaha ... so its a peice of s***

bansheeguy77
05-11-2002, 05:07 PM
i agree i also hate raptors...they do handle like crap. they dont have alot of power...they have more than a 400 but dont compare to my shee. yamaha's are cool though eccept the raptor.

05-11-2002, 05:11 PM
i like the shee. they are bad. i just hate raptors and blasters. my friend has a blaster and he always says its faster than my 250ex and i smoke him every time and he still tells everyone that he can beat me. his dad has a raptor to. i hate them things ( i swear)

05-11-2002, 05:12 PM
i like the shee. they are bad. i just hate raptors and blasters. my friend has a blaster and he always says its faster than my 250ex and i smoke him every time and he still tells everyone that he can beat me. his dad has a raptor to. i hate them things ( i swear)

05-15-2002, 08:51 PM
MY FIRST RIDE ON A RAPTOR COSTED 1200.00 AFTER I HIT A JUMP AND IT BENT EVERYTHING!GLAD IT HAPPENED CAUSE MY 02 JUST ROCKS CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WARRANTY IS UP TO START MODDING HER UP A LITTLE !

02 YELLOW 400 JUST A STOCKER
01 RAPTOR (NOT A JUMPER)
88 WARRIOR (RIP)
87 WARRIOR (BAD MOTOR SCOOTER)
85 350X (FOUND OUT 4 WAS BETTER THAN 3)
84 200X (WASN'T FAT BOY FRIENDLY)
:macho