PDA

View Full Version : back injury-atv future?

Mike545
03-17-2005, 06:54 AM
Just hurt my back at work tuesday, inflamed l3-l5 disc. had xrays no word yet. Im walking like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons. To say im concered is an understatement. This might force a career change of somesort, and hopefully not a hobby change. anybody got percacet(spelling)?:ermm:

akraptor
03-22-2005, 08:41 PM
if you can't ride quads. there is always the granny mobiles. the ones in the grocery stores. lol just jack one of those up and put holeshots on it^^

mntly_imptnt
04-11-2005, 01:20 PM
but whatever you do, take your time. do not get in a hurry. also do not sign anything workmans comp. gives you. talk to a lawyer to make sure you don't get screwed.

p.s. doug gust and dana creech have both had back injuries.

Mike545
04-11-2005, 01:51 PM
back is getting better, went atving, felt good, gooing slow and healthy, no spine injury, just muscle

QuadJunkies
04-13-2005, 12:34 AM
ohhhh I went threw this myself in Feb. I bulged my L-4 and L-5, had 70cc;s of water drained off my back ,still have about 25-30cc's MORE that I still may need removed, I have a big hole in my leg from the meat cleaver foot pegs :p and blood clot behind one knee the size of a golfball :huh and ALOT of scar tissue...

I know what you feel like in your back. I hit the ground so hard that I pinched my Siatic nerve between my Discs. I literally could not even roll myself over in bed at night for a week! :( I was scared to death that I may have to have surgery, but I got VERY lucky and took my meds and was back to work after 10 days. I done my wreck racing,but after 4 weeks I started racing again. Just be careful how you lift things for a bit, My back still bothers me and at any giving time those discs can flare up again or completly go my Dr. said after injuring them. Wish you a speedy recovery :)

Mike545
04-14-2005, 04:12 AM
you too, you got busted up, i just had deep muscle injury, stiff and sore every morning, until the back warms up. man the 650 rincon looks good now, less shock to the bod.:)

QuadJunkies
04-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Mike545
you too, you got busted up, i just had deep muscle injury, stiff and sore every morning, until the back warms up. man the 650 rincon looks good now, less shock to the bod.:) LOL.. I decided to pick on a Vforce,what a dumb mistake! :eek2: :o
hehe mines on Video....

www.quadjunkies.neptune.com

its in the Carnage video and theres a short clip thats just of the wreck. Im just VERY thankful I am healing up , I was a little worried the first night

4trax250x81
04-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Take it easy on your back, you only have one of them. I know how you feel though, I had back problems all last summer, work smarter not harder.:D Now I am starting to sound like the old guy at work:(

bwamos
05-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Get a kidney belt for some extra lower back support, bro. ;)

Honda5
05-20-2005, 07:21 PM
I blew a disc in Dec. and lost all controal of my left leg and my back hurt like hell so I got a good Dr. and told him to cut away, he cut a hole thru a vertibra and removed the part of the disc that was pinching off the nerves of Jan. 10th and on Feb 28th I went back to work and on march 20th I had my first race.
This goes to show that a good Dr. can get you going again.

Mike545
05-21-2005, 05:22 AM
still having problems, ciatic nerve is inflamed bad, going to phyisical therapy, still in alot of pan, but oddly riding the quad feels good

MR.BIG
05-21-2005, 07:29 AM
I know what your feeling. Last year me and my friends were racing around this track that is built in a huge hayfield. I was behind three people and it was really dusty well I past my friend on his z400 and I was about 4th gear wide open when all of a sudden I felt my self getting tossed over the bars. I hit the ground and the nose(bumper) slammed right into my lower back it hit me so hard that it actually flipped back over on its wheels and all that happened is that there was this little scratch on the back fender. My back was completely swollen and turned black&blue and it took me a couple of weeks before I could do very much. What happened is that my friend was right in front of me and it was so dusty I couldn't see that I was to far to the left and I hit a haybale!

stever25
05-21-2005, 12:56 PM
I ruptured my disks:L5-S1 & L4-L5 last year in july, had to have them both removed and the vertibraes fused together. I suggest you STOP riding until all issues are resolved. At first I was only suffering siatic pain and I still rode (stupid)!!!! And then one day I woke up in the worst pain of my life!!!! Be very careful.
I myself have had to make a partial career and hobby change.
Good luck.

Mike545
05-22-2005, 06:42 AM
the pt,s say its still a muscle injury, hamstring and back, my ***** was hurting bad due to to the hamstring and ciatick, but is getting better, i was concerned, sad to say the 4wd feels better to ride rather than the r due to the irs soaking up the bumps

raptorrider686
06-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Your atv days are NOT over. Give it time, take it easy, and you will be on a quad faster then you think. My dad has back problems, my neighbor who races motocross has them to. They both took it easy and where on there quad real fast.

Mike545
06-27-2005, 12:38 PM
thanks, it is getting better, in aug, going to hatfield and mccoy atving

raptorrider686
06-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Thas great to here. But remember just take it easy at first

Mike545
06-28-2005, 04:00 AM
will do, other wise wife and docs will beat me:eek2:

raptorrider686
06-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Hahahaha nice. We wouldnt want that. Sometimes I wonder if doctors are out to ruin mine, and everyone elses fun. But wifes...well I wouldnt know Im to young LOL