PDA

View Full Version : TRX, YFZ, KFX, DSX, and ... raptors?

Xavior2422
03-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Ok, its like this. I ride a stock TRX 450R, and my litle brother rides a Raptor 350, both 04's. Now we live in a small town in central NY; I only had 24 in my grad class and 3 of them are still hanging around my house everyday or close to it. plus a few other friends. the one thing we have in common? we all LOVE to ride. we're not rich by any means, but among us we have 14 quads that can be ready to go in an instant. now for the quads... Matt rides an '05 DSX 650, his older brother rides an '04 350 banshee with pipes. Heidi, matts girlfriend, rides a kfx 700 ig. Ian is on an '04 raptor 660. Josh is the last one, getting a YFZ any day now ('05). Now I have the idea to run them against each other. trail race, 0 - 60, top speed, fuel consumption, etc. and do a little write up on the results. I know its not fair to compare to years, or the banshee cause its not technically stock, but oh well. theres too much snow here to have an unbiased test so as soon as the snow melt I'll get to testing them. IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER IDEAS OF WAYS I CAN COMPARE THEM LET ME KNOW. We do not have access to a dyno or such equipment so that is out of the question. 2 "winners" will be determined. one with the highest score overall (1st place is 1 point, no other points in category) and 1 "winner" as well as second and third, etc... based on scores we determine, for ex. 0-60 best might be worth 2 points where-as best top speed may be worth 4 and 2nd best worth 3 points ... etc. anyone with any feedback I'm happy to hear it, and sorry for the length of this post.

yfz450rider29
03-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Look at a magazine article and do similar test. Do a drag. Corners, Weight, that kind of stuff, Switch and ride others quads. See what the overall vote is.