PDA

View Full Version : how long did it take you???

LiveToRide1930
03-16-2005, 03:13 PM
alright i wanna know how long and how much monthly you have to pay for an 05 400ex,like not up front or credit but by small/large payments a month,Can some1 PLEAZE EXPLAIN IT TO ME,and also how long did it take you???

im only 14 so i need some help with this stuff:blah:

bulkdriverlp
03-16-2005, 03:19 PM
if you finance it throught honda it will be 24% intrest rate. which is awful. for instance if your minimum payment is 60 dollars say only 25.00 will come off how much you owe. thats just an example, im not sure of the numbers. so it will take you forever to pay it off because you keep paying the minum. you will end up paying say 9,000 for your 5,500 quad, for example. if you go to the bank for a loan you could get maybe 10% which means that 45.00 would come off your money you owe. the lower the intrest rate the more money comes off the money that you owe. (principal) so the key thing you look for is how are you gunna get the lowest intrest rate? if you miss a payment or go over your allotment on the honda card your intrest rate could go even higher. i tried my best to explain.....

ballisticpb
03-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ballisticpb
i have mine financed from american honda finance, my down payment was 1,250 and my payments are 122 a month.

three year loan. (36 month)

as for the intrest rate, mine is 4.6%. 24% is redicules if you took your money and made a "payment" to your savings you would have all the money to buy it flat out. in half the time you would to pay off 24%.

the only reason i financed mine was for the credit rating. if at all possible DONT.

TM426
03-16-2005, 04:59 PM
HA, in 99 when the ex first came out. I was sitting with the salesman at the dealer working out the paperwork for the last one they had. A customer came into the dealer and wanted to pay cash for one. The sales guy told him it was sold. I was sitting with the paperwork all in front of me and almost signed my life away at 21%. I laughed and walked out (ruined the sales guys lobster dinner). The salesman wanted to kick my *****, this guys face turned so red. I still laugh every time I think about it.:p