PDA

View Full Version : What Carb will improve my Predator the most?

hogriderkev
03-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Hi Guys,

I am looking to upgrade my carb on my 04 Predator. I am leaning towards the Edlebrock, but have been hearing some negatives about it. Also I have heard a little about the 450R Carb or possible sending my stock one to Nicholas Cycle. I mainly ride around 3000ft at Little Sahara, UT and Knolls, UT. I do plan on taking my bike into the mountains in the summer around 5000 to 6000ft for some trail riding. I was leaning toward the Edlebrock so I could easily adjust the carb for this. Mainly I want some more power and no headaches. Any suggestions?

Thanks

QuadJunkies
03-17-2005, 12:58 AM
I would send off the Carb to Doug, its a good mod and its ALOT cheaper than the edlebrock. Most common about the Ed. Carb is thumb throddle is KILLER on your thumb! Ive heard lots of good about the Honda Carb on it if you want to go that route Serivce Honda can hook you up one for a good price or I would check Ebay. I do not have a Ed Carb on our Preddy but I have one on my EX and I coudnt be more pleased!! THe Ed Carb is not always as easy as it sounds, I know of a few riders with that Carb and one ended up selling it . You will notice the Mod to the stock Carb and I think you will be happy with it .:)

rrguy
03-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Yeah I would send it off. Especially if you don't jump alot. The 450R or lectron carb are also good options for more response & power.

hogriderkev
03-22-2005, 01:34 PM
You mentioned... "If you don't jump a lot." I actually do jump quite a bit. Is there some reason certain carbs are not good for jumping?

Predfan
03-22-2005, 03:48 PM
If you wanted one of the best carbs, you would want to get an FCR 41mm carb off a CRF 450 dirtbike. The set-up would run in the $500-600 range. I am not aware how the fit would be on the predator, but you would need to fabricate something for the intake manifold, or talk to some engine builders for solutions. A cheaper alternative is the Nicholas cycles carb mods (under $150) or the 450R carb through service Honda for $160 + jets + shipping.

preddy08
03-24-2005, 01:40 PM
i have the 450r carb on my bike now and LOVE it. after getting the jetting to where i need it this thing ripps! awsome throttle response yada yada yada worth the money to me, got everything i nedded for around 120. just have to shop around.