PDA

View Full Version : nmotion 520 is on the bus

dunebuggie66
03-16-2005, 11:23 AM
well my motor is complete by nmotion, and she's on the bus home. she'll arrive friday then i can finish putting her back together. i got the full race 520 kit, oversized stainless valves, porting and head work, 41mm fcr for mx, nmotion pipe, full hinson clutch... cover and all, dynatek ignition. any realistic guess on what hp i should be putting out. chad 502 you should know.

chad502ex
03-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by dunebuggie66
well my motor is complete by nmotion, and she's on the bus home. she'll arrive friday then i can finish putting her back together. i got the full race 520 kit, oversized stainless valves, porting and head work, 41mm fcr for mx, nmotion pipe, full hinson clutch... cover and all, dynatek ignition. any realistic guess on what hp i should be putting out. chad 502 you should know.

dynatech ignition is not released to public yet and NMotion has only one proto-type in house to test with. Dynatech is planning on releasing this new ignition in a few days,... :D

NMotion 520 kits make incredible hp! I'd guess you'll hit 54hp/38 ft.lbs. of torque.

You'll love it for sure!

keep us posted.

Orr#34
03-16-2005, 11:31 AM
It should put out more than that because i have a 400ex that is putting out 54hp. nmotion builds good motors. I seen there 520 at the tt nationals in arkansa. It had amazing power. it was unreal.

#1speedbump
03-16-2005, 12:13 PM
well being you have an ignition that hasnt even been released yet I guess you'll hit a huge, whopping 0hp/0tq.

good luck

chad502ex
03-16-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Orr#34
i have a 400ex that is putting out 54hp

i call BS! if you have a 54hp 400ex then it would have little if any torque. Torque and HP is a derivitive of one another, so if you build a hp motor, then tq goes towards zero. that's why i say that if you have 54hp on a 400ex motor, then your torque probally sucks. the 400ex motor is a torque design not hp setup. additionally, the 400ex motor has one of the largest stock stroke setups, so if the 400 motor is stroked over stock then tq goes to the roof. imo, you went the wrong way here.

shaneb
03-16-2005, 03:01 PM
chad502 you are full of it as usual ...

my 505 makes ~55 and close to 40 on the tq .....

Shane

chad502ex
03-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by shaneb
chad502 you are full of it as usual ...

my 505 makes ~55 and close to 40 on the tq .....

Shane

sure it does

Killdmycobra
03-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
i call BS! if you have a 54hp 400ex then it would have little if any torque. Torque and HP is a derivitive of one another, so if you build a hp motor, then tq goes towards zero. .

:rolleyes:

shaneb
03-16-2005, 03:27 PM
Your still mad becuase your 502 made the same power as my home built 440 ....

Thats ok at least you are still trying ....

shaneb
03-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Here is a pic of a 473 making 51.9 ..
this was years ago ...
http://www.geocities.com/Baja/Ravine/4093/fdo.gif

chad502ex
03-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Here is a pic of a 473 making 51.9 ..
this was years ago ...

anyone can download a dyno graph and post as thier own. where is the text printed on the dyno to prove this is yours. I'd almost believe these numbers but not the 55 your claiming. LOL. "almost 40tq" isn't **** either for a stroked 505. my 530 has a smaller stroke and kills your "almost 40tq" and the 530 isn't even setup as a tq'r.

get real boy! and get off my back!

kssandduner
03-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Chad, I was talking with Nate from Nmotion yesterday about their exhaust systems, and I didn't realize that they're not custom building their pipes anymore. I guess according to him they're having them mass produced now. Was the pipe you guys dynoed one of the old custom style pipes, or one of the new mass produced ones?? How's that 530 turbo coming along?? I can't wait to see the dyno results from that beast!!

Joe

chad502ex
03-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by kssandduner
Chad, I was talking with Nate from Nmotion yesterday about their exhaust systems, and I didn't realize that they're not custom building their pipes anymore. I guess according to him they're having them mass produced now. Was the pipe you guys dynoed one of the old custom style pipes, or one of the new mass produced ones?? How's that 530 turbo coming along?? I can't wait to see the dyno results from that beast!!

Joe

Joe,

yea 370kingR has a 520 kit dyno'd with the older NMotion pipe. It performed for him but was really really loud. His dyno results and my old runs can be seen on http://www.precision-ms.com

my 530 is making great power 59/43 on stock carb. my website has dyno video and plots to peak at if you want.

http://www.chad502ex.com
'

hope this helps.

chad

shaneb
03-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Well son ....

This is not mine it is FDO's

http://www.geocities.com/gtthunder.geo/news_set.html

FDO built my engine as well I was just making a comparison showing the posibility of making 55 hp out of a 400ex

40tq is a good number for a gas ex engine

chad502ex
03-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Well son ....

This is not mine it is FDO's

http://www.geocities.com/gtthunder.geo/news_set.html

FDO built my engine as well I was just making a comparison showing the posibility of making 55 hp out of a 400ex

40tq is a good number for a gas ex engine

well, like i said before boy; i would be more apt to believe the 51hp run but not 55. Knowing the whole truth about FDO building your 473 tell more of the story here. FDO builds solid motors. but your assuming (or comparing) your ol' 473 to your new 505 and assuming that it would make more hp? LOL

and i was right, that wasn't your dyno run so why do you think you are making that in your setup?

03-16-2005, 06:34 PM
well im backing chad all the way, he knows his stuff, and obviously has solid proof to back it up, which you dont have, btw nmotion is located in wichita kansas, about 1 and a half hours from me :macho

chad502ex
03-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by XxHonda_RacerxX
well im backing chad all the way, he knows his stuff, and obviously has solid proof to back it up, which you dont have, btw nmotion is located in wichita kansas, about 1 and a half hours from me :macho

thanks man-you crack me up!

:cool:

ml450r
03-16-2005, 07:02 PM
My Nmotion 520 makes 65hp and 46 ft/lbs of torque......
:)

oh, by the way that's on my homemade dyno. I rode it and said that's fast....lol...

I don't post on here alot but I read alot. Everyone on here thinks that a dyno settles everything. A dyno is just a gauge, it is a tuning tool. Different dyno's give different #'s. A dyno is great to take your own bike to, then change something on your bike, then take your bike back to the same dyno and do another run. Therefore showing what kind of improvement you achieved.

From what I have read Chad seems to be very educated on this subject. He seems to have easy access to a dyno and has spent a small fortune on dyno runs. I believe this post started with someone asking chad's opinion.

Nmotion says that there 520 kit (complete) will make between 55-58hp and 36-39ft/lbs. So I would say chad's guess will be real close.

As far as the 473ex with 51hp, that is much different than 55hp. The FDO graph says that is the highest hp ex they've ever seen.

Anyhow I had my 450 on a dyno(11.5-1,hot cam stage II, some port work, hmf pipe.) 39.95hp@8000,29.64ft/lbs@6000
on maxxis rzrs with 10psi.

My 520 will be together this weekend but I don't have my other set of Walsh a arms yet. When I get them I am taking the 520 back to the dyno to see how it does. I am guessing 48-49hp and 35ft/lbs of torque on the same dyno. Different dyno's would probably give higher numbers, but I am looking at the difference.
Merrill Crose

03-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by ml450r

oh, by the way that's on my homemade dyno. I rode it and said that's fast....lol...

I don't post on here alot but I read alot. Everyone on here thinks that a dyno settles everything. A dyno is just a gauge, it is a tuning tool. Different dyno's give different #'s. A dyno is great to take your own bike to, then change something on your bike, then take your bike back to the same dyno and do another run. Therefore showing what kind of improvement you achieved.

From what I have read Chad seems to be very educated on this subject. He seems to have easy access to a dyno and has spent a small fortune on dyno runs. I believe this post started with someone asking chad's opinion.

Nmotion says that there 520 kit (complete) will make between 55-58hp and 36-39ft/lbs. So I would say chad's guess will be real close.

As far as the 473ex with 51hp, that is much different than 55hp. The FDO graph says that is the highest hp ex they've ever seen.

Anyhow I had my 450 on a dyno(11.5-1,hot cam stage II, some port work, hmf pipe.) 39.95hp@8000,29.64ft/lbs@6000

My 520 will be together this weekend but I don't have my other set of Walsh a arms yet. When I get them I am taking the 520 back to the dyno to see how it does. I am guessing 48-49hp and 35ft/lbs of torque on the same dyno. Different dyno's would probably give higher numbers, but I am looking at the difference.
Merrill Crose

ya that dyno sounds very low, you not far from me, do you race at all?

ml450r
03-16-2005, 07:08 PM
I race mx. I raced at Thunderhill in Mayetta one time. I mainly race in MO. I run the Caatv mx series. I raced at St. louis pro quad series. I will be at Hamilton this weekend for the first round of the CAATV series.

03-16-2005, 07:11 PM
I race mx. I raced at Thunderhill in Mayetta one time. I mainly race in MO. I run the Caatv mx series. I raced at St. louis pro quad series. I will be at Hamilton this weekend for the first round of the CAATV series.

o not my type of racing...i race missouri hare scrambles...crosscountry :macho

chad502ex
03-16-2005, 07:18 PM

Merrill Crose

said perfectly. i can't wait till you run your 520. let us know what you hit!;)

TURBO-530R
03-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey Chad if you read between the lines i think he wants to race you. Or have a dyno challange. oh thats right he will halfto get some one elses bike.:D

lol

03-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by CRASH508-EX
Hey Chad if you read between the lines i think he wants to race you. Or have a dyno challange. oh thats right he will halfto get some one elses bike.:D

lol

either that or just take chads dyno runs from his site and say its his 400ex LOL :blah:

TURBO-530R
03-16-2005, 07:46 PM
OUCH!!!!

TURBO-530R
03-16-2005, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dunebuggie66
well my motor is complete by nmotion, and she's on the bus home. she'll arrive friday then i can finish putting her back together. i got the full race 520 kit, oversized stainless valves, porting and head work, 41mm fcr for mx, nmotion pipe, full hinson clutch... cover and all, dynatek ignition. any realistic guess on what hp i should be putting out. chad 502 you should know. [/QUOTE

Good luck with the 520 and keep us posted on how well it performes.

Bary McCockalot
03-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Here's the thing that most of you guys don't realize. With a dyno you can make that thing read any kind of numbers that you want. I know a guy with a dyno and we dyno'd my cr80 motor. it came out at 36hp. Then he told me to come over towards him and said watch this. he messed with a couple of the settings. Then we did another run, and magically, my motor made 45 hp. That's the problem with a dyno, unless everyone is using the same dyno with the same settings your hp number doesn't mean crap compared to someone elses.

29FTEX
03-16-2005, 09:52 PM

Get some flat track tires on that thing next time you do your dyno pulls. Unless you just want to compare then versus now with the same tires.

ml450r
03-17-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by 29FTEX
Get some flat track tires on that thing next time you do your dyno pulls. Unless you just want to compare then versus now with the same tires.

I am just doing then versus now. The dyno has grooved rollers so you can run knobby tires. I am pretty sure flat track tires would have helped though, I just didn't have any.
Merrill

chad502ex
03-17-2005, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by CRASH508-EX

lol

LOL!

03-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Bary McCockalot
doing mean crap compared to someone elses.

??
doing mean crap?

03-18-2005, 10:21 AM

Let me settle this argument really quick for you guys. My stock (HMF pipe) 450 can take all of you 520's out there. You wanna know why?.....

Because, you're only going to get a week or two of riding before the engine will need rebuilt. There can't be any reliability to those motors at all.

dunebuggie66
03-18-2005, 11:03 AM
about 30 hours on rings, and 60 hours on the piston. i think that's pretty reliable. obviously you have no use for a big bore motor if your';s is still stock. i race opoen class mx where a big bore motor is necessary, so if i have to rebuild it 3 times a year then i will.

03-21-2005, 10:12 AM
about 30 hours on rings, and 60 hours on the piston. i think that's pretty reliable. obviously you have no use for a big bore motor if your';s is still stock. i race opoen class mx where a big bore motor is necessary, so if i have to rebuild it 3 times a year then i will.

let me bow to you, all great one

whoopty doo, you big open class mx rider.
you're still rebuilding it constantly. so that's not reliable.

TURBO-530R
03-21-2005, 01:32 PM
1) If you want to play you half to pay.

2) He who dies's with the most toys wins!

3) How fast can you afford to go? :D :D :D

dunebuggie66
03-22-2005, 08:08 AM
thank you for posting that.

03-22-2005, 09:58 AM
yes, thank you

SRH
03-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by force
let me bow to you, all great one

whoopty doo, you big open class mx rider.
you're still rebuilding it constantly. so that's not reliable. yeah you want perfromance you lay down the cash and buy it you dont worry about making it a whole season on a set of rings, as long as it doesnt grenade on you that reliable in my book, for your needs a big motorwork might sound pointless and you dont wanan rebuild it 3 times a season which i doubt he will have to anyway unless it uses stuff that wears quicker than oem going bigger up top doesnt mean it doesnt last as long, my main concern with it would be rod bearing and tranny/clutch, do the nmotion kits hold more coolant than stock?

03-24-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by SRH
yeah you want perfromance you lay down the cash and buy it you dont worry about making it a whole season on a set of rings, as long as it doesnt grenade on you that reliable in my book, for your needs a big motorwork might sound pointless and you dont wanan rebuild it 3 times a season which i doubt he will have to anyway unless it uses stuff that wears quicker than oem going bigger up top doesnt mean it doesnt last as long, my main concern with it would be rod bearing and tranny/clutch, do the nmotion kits hold more coolant than stock?

guys, you're missing the point. Reliable means "not having to work on it".

my point is.......it takes money and tear down after tear down to have and maintain a high hp motor. Such is the case with any engine.

A reliable motor is one that does not need tore down to be maintained.

chad502ex
03-24-2005, 07:36 AM
A reliable motor is one that does not need tore down to be maintained.

all engines require maintenance, daaa

dunebuggie66
03-24-2005, 08:50 AM
yes the nmotion has larger water jackets than stock.

03-24-2005, 09:57 AM
all engines require maintenance, daaa

read the post

all engines do require maintenance, duh

not all engines require being tore down for maintenance, duh

chad502ex
03-24-2005, 10:00 AM
not all engines require being tore down for maintenance, duh

that's what i disagree with- evenually all engines require tear down.

forget it- i think we are talking same thing but in different languages.:rolleyes:

03-24-2005, 10:06 AM
that's what i disagree with- evenually all engines require tear down.

forget it- i think we are talking same thing but in different languages.:rolleyes:

Chad, i'm not trying to bash what you're doing with your engines. High hp is a wonderful thing!!! I just want people (mainly those who have no engine experience) to know that, building a screaming motor is not all fun and games. There will be blood, sweat, tears, and heartache. lol. And, a torqued up, high hp motor is definately going to require much more wrench turning. That's all i was trying to convey. No one can argue that.

BOONE450R
03-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Chad, i'm not trying to bash what you're doing with your engines. High hp is a wonderful thing!!! I just want people (mainly those who have no engine experience) to know that, building a screaming motor is not all fun and games. There will be blood, sweat, tears, and heartache. lol. And, a torqued up, high hp motor is definately going to require much more wrench turning. That's all i was trying to convey. No one can argue that.

You forgot butt loads of money.;)

chad502ex
03-24-2005, 11:19 AM

agreed- that's kewl!

it's almost like a meta-stable condition. picture placing a marble on a smoothed rolled mountain-top, once its balanced on the peak its "dialed in", once it begins to roll off on either side of the mountain it hard to maintain "peak power". Insuring the engine stays on top of the mountain is tough and takes an understanding. But really, once built and "dialed in" the only maintenace required is yearly ring changes/valves adjustment/typical oil changes and understanding how octane can keep the engine on top of the mountain (so to speak).

chad502ex
03-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by BOONE450R
You forgot butt loads of money.;)

yes, ~$2500-3000 from stock to 530