PDA

View Full Version : D-17 Racing (anything/everything)

markk
03-16-2005, 11:20 AM
I posting this, So we can all just post about the races every weekend. ANything in District 17 just post here!

markk
03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
I thought about Taylorville, But im gona sit this one out, I need to do a little work on the quad instead.

ILGNCC400EX
03-16-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by markk
I thought about Taylorville, But im gona sit this one out, I need to do a little work on the quad instead. no chit:eek2:

chapmanmd
03-17-2005, 11:39 AM
There is a great Harescrambles at BET in Belleville, IL this weekend and the first MX of the year is 4/9.

Gates for the Harescrambles this weekend open at 8am with racing at 10:30. Quads are more than welcome. Its a D18 event.

Go to http://www.betdirt.com

Mark Chapman
ATVA Charter Member
BET Track Official

markk
03-18-2005, 01:16 PM
How many acres do u all have at BET?? And do the quads climb your hill climb???

chapmanmd
03-18-2005, 01:46 PM
120 or so acres. 2 MX Tracks, TT, Hillclimb, etc

If we have ATV's come, Im sure we'd send em up the hill... That could get ugly, thats a nasty hill.

markk
03-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by chapmanmd
120 or so acres. 2 MX Tracks, TT, Hillclimb, etc

If we have ATV's come, Im sure we'd send em up the hill... That could get ugly, thats a nasty hill.

That hill looks like a beast lol, WHen i looked at it i think id run outa power on my 416, But id say a well built 2-stoke, Shee or 250r could climb it. WIth a little clutch work!

chapmanmd
03-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Ive done it dozens of times on my Cheetah cylindered shee. Its a ***** in race trim though. No ruts for traction!!!

roostin_dale
03-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Ok, well if any one is goin to Southfork tomorrow, I will be on a blue yfz and my friend will be on a red 400ex....we will be there all day long!

markk
03-19-2005, 08:53 AM
There should be a kid from town gona be there on Saturday, (muddy400ex) He will be riding on a red400ex,HMF, and Razors. Probley on the MX track, BUt he said he was gona try to ride some of there woods too!

watts16
03-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
Ok, well if any one is goin to Southfork tomorrow, I will be on a blue yfz and my friend will be on a red 400ex....we will be there all day long!

how was the track?
did they change the layout much since last year?

roostin_dale
03-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by exracer16
how was the track?
did they change the layout much since last year?

track was nice today, they groomed it. They added alot of whoops, and another tunnel jump...they built all the lips up....alot better than last year

watts16
03-19-2005, 10:17 PM
track was nice today, they groomed it. They added alot of whoops, and another tunnel jump...they built all the lips up....alot better than last year

is the tunnel jump right after the straight with some small singles?

QCquad83
03-19-2005, 10:22 PM
hey everyone one!!!! you guys should come out and race the motocrosses at TRi city motorcycle club this year in coal valley..... i was just out there today and they changed a lot and it is really quad friendly this year. and were running a series with muddy waters race way. that track it about ready to be finished adn it will be sweet too. but this has been a supercross track and has scared a lot of people away but we got rid of the people who were building the track and now we have a variety of of people working on this track of all ranges and classes. worth a look and come out ........... here is our website take a look and if u have any questions pm me and i'll try to get back to ya www.tricitym-c.com

roostin_dale
03-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by exracer16
is the tunnel jump right after the straight with some small singles?

There never was a stright with singles....:confused:

watts16
03-19-2005, 11:20 PM
There never was a stright with singles....:confused:

um....

is new jump that is about one jump before the finish?

ROOSTINWARRIOR
03-21-2005, 01:37 PM
hey does anyone ever race or ride at byron motorsports park? i will be racing there alot this year. and practicing.

QCquad83
03-21-2005, 01:42 PM
yeah i'm going to try to get to byron a bit this year.....what class do u race

Jen696
03-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey
Anyone else coming out to ride Walnut this weekend? I can't wait. Hope to see some other quad people out there.
As for Byron, I'll go ride the big track for practice but I won't race/ride the "quad" track, not unless some changes are made, like maybe some DIRT put on the track.
I'll definitely check out Taylorville- sounds like they improved an already pretty cool track.
I know it's not in District 17 but Red Bud is having an open ride April 17th, I'm there for sure, I love that track.

Well cya around, be safe and have fun.
Jennifer Blauw #696

Hey Dale- Did I see you in Florida??? If not I saw a guy that looked like you, I wasn't sure or I woulda said Hi

QCquad83
03-22-2005, 10:03 AM
hey jen just wanted to check if u are who i think u are........you got the yfz and u started to come out to tri city last year right? i pitted next to you at walnut last year. i had that dog, a boxer. just checking......are u going to come back out to coal valley " tri city " this year? its awsome now

roostin_dale
03-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Jen696
Hey Dale- Did I see you in Florida??? If not I saw a guy that looked like you, I wasn't sure or I woulda said Hi

yes i saw you, i was parked 3 trailers over from you. I was on my 50 or on a crowded golf cart all weekend. My motor seized so the quad just sat the whole time!...

is walnut raicng or practiceing this weekend?

ROOSTINWARRIOR
03-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by QCquad83
yeah i'm going to try to get to byron a bit this year.....what class do u race

i dont know, this will be my first year racing. wats byrons track like? do they have a seperate track for quads and bikes?

QCquad83
03-22-2005, 11:01 PM
haven't been to byron in like 4 years

Jen696
03-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi Dale,
wow that sucks about your bike, the FLA track was awesome, hope you got to at least practice on it before she blew.
Walnut is just open ride this Sat only, and weathers not lookin good.:grr:

Hey QCQuad83, yup that's me. Im looking forward to checking out the changes at Coal Valley, what do you have to do to be able to practice there?? I've heard that you get a membership and you can pretty much ride whenever you want. That would be cool, I liked the track last year for the most part but it sounds like it's even better now.

Thanks, Jennifer Blauw #696

QCquad83
04-13-2005, 02:15 PM
yep way better........ but where having a practice on april 30 its' going to be crazy year. i'm all healed up and now i'm rock'n a new honda 450r.......i'm pumped up lets go racing.........................

brrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaap

QCquad83
04-25-2005, 10:30 PM
race and practice this weekend in coal valley illinois. tri-city motorcycle club............ i believe it is a bonus point race everyone be there

PATTE440
04-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Hey guys long time no smell
Any one going to the HS in Rockport on 5-1 im planning on going i think markk may go to if his chit holds up to LL
i was looking at pics of the place on the net and it look cool as heck
should be a good ride

markk
05-01-2005, 01:10 AM
Im not gona be able to make it Patte440, My funds have ran a little shorter than i thought, and My quad has some somthing seriously wronge with it, Serves me right, Buying gas at Phillips 66! I think i have some rust, or dirt or somthing plugging up my mail jet, I cant get it to run much of 3000 RPMs or soo.

Get ahold of me after that race tommarow and tell me how it goes, and What kinda whats where there in the A-class!

Kev
05-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by PATTE440
Hey guys long time no smell
Any one going to the HS in Rockport on 5-1 im planning on going i think markk may go to if his chit holds up to LL
i was looking at pics of the place on the net and it look cool as heck
should be a good ride

Let us know how it was. I was going to go, but after finding out they were starting the quads at 3pm, it would of been a way to late night for me. Maybe make the 2nd one out there.

Kev

300ex mxracer
05-01-2005, 06:20 PM
anyone goin to open ride on may 7? ill be ridin a yelow 300ex on saturday.

parkers30
05-03-2005, 06:39 AM
I have a few questions for you guys, I have never raced a district race before and was considering racing the Westville, IL Hare Scramble on May 15th.

I was looking at the site and was somewhat confused on what classes they would be running? I am normally a C racer and my brother was wanting to race he is 15 and would be on a blaster, can he race? any info about the D-17 harescrambles would be appreciated

QCquad83
05-03-2005, 07:55 AM
tri-citym motorcycle club in coal valley will be running again this weekend may 8th...........good turn out on may 1st lets keep them comming..............we had 5 A's, 6 b's, 1 c, and 4 mini quads.......not bad for first time for mini quads

ct310
05-03-2005, 11:39 AM
I would like to extend an invitation to ALL quad riders on behalf of tricitym-c.com. come on out and check this track out! This track has been changed, and its awsome! FUN! and safe, 1 tuff rythem section, (easy to roll) the rest is a Blast! tim m. (referee & quad rider) Guarantied good time!

parkers30
05-06-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by parkers30
I have a few questions for you guys, I have never raced a district race before and was considering racing the Westville, IL Hare Scramble on May 15th.

I was looking at the site and was somewhat confused on what classes they would be running? I am normally a C racer what classes can I run? and my brother was wanting to race he is 15 and would be on a blaster, can he race? any info about the D-17 harescrambles would be appreciated

BUMP

anyone? :confused:

markk
05-06-2005, 12:41 PM
I thought that u needed to be at least 16 y.o., But that might depend on the track officials, Just have to ask, it cant hurt. I think that if its a District race, they only have Quad-A Quad 35+ and Quad-B. Quad-B is probley the best class for you to run then.

parkers30
05-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the reply, I emailed the track a few days ago and have not heard back

roostin_dale
05-07-2005, 10:22 AM
It seems like we have alot more XC riders than MX riders in D17.

Anyways, does anyone know Brianna Mahon? Races MX in Womens and Schoolboy classes...

ct310
05-09-2005, 12:14 PM
HOLY SH-T !!! YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE QUAD RACES AT TRICITY M-C CLUB !! THAT WAS THE DEFINITION OF DICING. these 3 "b" riders were doing the rythm section better than the bikes. And the whoop section, again, HOLY SH-T ! spectators were running for there lives !!:eek2: :eek2: . If you guys(&gals) dont get out and check this out you ARE missing the boat . this track has incredible action ! mini quad classes too! www.tricitym-c.com

roostcatcher
05-10-2005, 07:15 AM
It seems like we have alot more XC riders than MX riders in D17.

Anyways, does anyone know Brianna Mahon? Races MX in Womens and Schoolboy classes...

Yep, more XC here than MX. I don't know Brianna personally, never met her, but love to watch her race.

Thanks for the reply, I emailed the track a few days ago and have not heard back

If you haven't heard anything yet give them a call. You'll need a parent/gaurdian release if under 18. Must be 16 to race in B class and up. Better to be prepared than get all pumped up and not be able to race!

roostin_dale
05-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by roostcatcher
I don't know Brianna personally, never met her, but love to watch her race.

thats cool, brianna is my girlfriend, shes freakin fast, lol...

roostcatcher
05-10-2005, 01:31 PM
You bet she's fast dale. I've probably seen you around the track. Say hi sometime. I think I got at least a couple good pictures of her on the triple Sunday.

markk
05-28-2005, 08:15 PM
ALrighty, May 30 at Lincon Trails Motosports 1st Hare Scramble, 9am Mini Quads, and 10am A,b,+35 quad.

Myself and 300 racer should be there. I also beleive that Kyle, and Patte440 will also be there! anyone else???

roostin_dale
05-28-2005, 08:49 PM
hey markk, you racing the cornstalk 100? Im thinkin about doin it but dont want to take the MX bike out...

roostcatcher
05-29-2005, 06:28 PM
I'll be there tomorrow. Just got back awhile ago from LTM. Heads up guys: it is VERY dusty! And the place is packed with MX racers.

markk
05-31-2005, 09:45 PM
hey markk, you racing the cornstalk 100? Im thinkin about doin it but dont want to take the MX bike out...

IM gona try to make it, But im also gona try to make the Wisp GNCC on June 2? 5th or 6th(somthing like that)

I think if you quad was been widend out at all, u might not be able to make some of the tight spots on the course.
Im gona try to make it thought man, Ill be there in quad-a class HOPFULLY i can do as well as i did May30th if not better.

roostin_dale
06-01-2005, 08:38 AM
mark i saw you on the 30th..me and brianna were down by the creek watching the scrambles during intermission...you have the green frame right? you might have saw us, we were on her kx110...

markk
06-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah i saw u there, i beleive, Y did u-guys come run with us on the scrambles course??

roostin_dale
06-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Y did u-guys come run with us on the scrambles course??

huh? we didnt, lol....

but yea, you guys looked a little muddy...how did you do?

markk
06-03-2005, 01:16 PM
huh? we didnt, lol....

but yea, you guys looked a little muddy...how did you do?

im sorry, i ment "WHY DIDN"T"

yeah it was pretty muddy, but a awsome course, i finished out 6th in a-class.

trx450jason
06-14-2005, 02:54 PM
does d-17 have a main website?..or is there anywhere that i can at least get a schedule?

roostcatcher
06-14-2005, 03:04 PM
http://www.amadistrict17.com

Come out and join in the fun!

400exmom
06-14-2005, 03:55 PM
http://www.amadistrict17.com

Come out and join in the fun! you going to be at taylorville this weekend??

roostcatcher
06-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Hey Kim, long time no see! I'll be there. Hope you can make it. Looks like it's going to be a nice day. It would be nice not to have a mud bog for a change. Don't know if Sam will run the 400 or not. She hasn't been riding much.

I asked Leroy if the new ground across the creek would be open, but he said not for awhile. Darn. They say there are some nice hills over there.

aman
06-17-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by ROOSTINWARRIOR
hey does anyone ever race or ride at byron motorsports park? i will be racing there alot this year. and practicing. I just went there for round 4 of the nuke series to try out the hilltop track.......needless to say i plan to make the rest of the series races if i can :D

roostin_dale
06-19-2005, 09:33 PM
just got back from the MX races at LTM....whoa, wasnt alot of people but me and Dusty Montgomery put and a great show to watch in quad B...I finished out with 2nd overall..

QCquad83
06-20-2005, 07:27 AM
mendota this saturday night..............anyone?

roostin_dale
06-20-2005, 09:40 AM
mendota this saturday night..............anyone?

walnut...saturday:D

300ex mxracer
06-20-2005, 01:00 PM
ill be at sunset ridge sat

roostin_dale
06-20-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 300ex mxracer
ill be at sunset ridge sat

sweet..i use to race the 13-15 class...ill be #49 in Quad B...ill be easy to find, in front!:D

QCquad83
06-20-2005, 02:24 PM
i use to love walnut and i still like it there but it needs to be changed a bit. to easy and way to fast. it's easy for someone to win there that has no talent or skill. all they have to do is hold the gas open and they can win. i went to mendota's track last race and really loved it and can't make it to both. if walnut would change a few things it would be better it's just a little on the fast and unsafe side. it needs a whoop section and some step on step offs and some shorter straights. just my opnion

Kev
06-20-2005, 08:50 PM
i use to love walnut and i still like it there but it needs to be changed a bit. to easy and way to fast. it's easy for someone to win there that has no talent or skill. all they have to do is hold the gas open and they can win. i went to mendota's track last race and really loved it and can't make it to both. if walnut would change a few things it would be better it's just a little on the fast and unsafe side. it needs a whoop section and some step on step offs and some shorter straights. just my opnion

Just a FYI
I was at walnut earlier this year and he added some new table tops and cut down the back stretch. He shortened up that really fast area with a whopped section. I have not been out there since, but know he has changed it up.

Kev

300ex mxracer
06-21-2005, 09:30 AM
ya that is what i race in(13-15) im pretty sure i raced u and it was only two of us and we raced will the c class. the track is alot better now cause he cut down the straightawy and added some bigger tabletops

QCquad83
06-21-2005, 02:41 PM
sorry kev but it is basically the same as the last few years. the really long strech is still there and he added like one t-top and on little drop off thats it.........still to fast needs a actual whoop section with like 8-12 whoops in that back section maybe shorten the strech after the finishline since it gets real narly after the first set of motos.......................i think he should put an s curve in there or something just needs to change........especially if he still is thinking about getting a national .........great place for it and great people run it just needs to get a little more difficult and different..........

roostin_dale
06-21-2005, 05:39 PM
ya that is what i race in(13-15) im pretty sure i raced u and it was only two of us and we raced will the c class. the track is alot better now cause he cut down the straightawy and added some bigger tabletops

ohhh, was that you? my quad died 2 times and i still beat all the C riders that weekend :devil: haha

300ex mxracer
06-21-2005, 08:14 PM
ya they r pretty sslllloooowww

markk
06-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey now!! Im a c-class racer!!!!!!!!

300ex mxracer
06-22-2005, 06:54 AM
lol, at sunset?

markk
06-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Hell i dont know, I run XC, But i run in a-class there, I think i can probley win, or do extreatmly well in most c-class MX races.

Id probley be 1/2 competive in b-class for having a stock width 400ex.

300ex mxracer
06-22-2005, 10:33 AM
sunset ridge mx,in walnut, il.i dont think ive seen any 400ex in c-class.im pretty sure u could win the c-class there cause me and roostin_dale can and we are in 13-15(he aint no more in b-class i think)

trost66
06-29-2005, 06:52 PM
I see taylorville made some changes. I was just wondering if anybody knew what they changed. Last time i was there was about a month ago

roostin_dale
06-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by trost66
I see taylorville made some changes. I was just wondering if anybody knew what they changed. Last time i was there was about a month ago

they hardly changed anything. They made the finsih line more into a jump than a hill. The changed the uphill triple to a table top thingy. and there is one small tabletop back in the woods, after the truns after the downhill triple, lol.

300ex mxracer..the weekend i was there you didnt beat all the C riders. They Staggerd(sp) us and I passed the first place right at the end and you were no where close to me, sorry bud.

Anyone at Walnut on the 25th? I pulled the holeshot in A class, held off Chad Weinen and Sage Baker for almost a lap then they got around me...it was pretty sick. The turnout saturday sucked!

trost66
06-29-2005, 07:10 PM
roostin dale you race a. What number are you. Also was there many b riders there. Was wanting to go but had a wedding to go to.

roostin_dale
06-29-2005, 07:14 PM
roostin dale you race a. What number are you. Also was there many b riders there. Was wanting to go but had a wedding to go to.

I raced A at Walnut because there were no B riders. I was the only one. I got 4th and the only ones who beat me were Sage and Chad(pro) and Bryce Walter who doesnt race many nationals but when he does he races Pro-am.

Im #49 red/black/white 450r.

trost66
06-29-2005, 07:16 PM
Did you race taylorville last weekend and did you do well

roostin_dale
06-29-2005, 07:18 PM
Did you race taylorville last weekend and did you do well

yea i raced t-ville sunday the 26th. there were 10 in B class. I had bike probs in first moto and got 4th. Second I got the holeshot and was pulling away from everyone...then my chain busted the case and broke my shifter shaft...oh well, chit happens

markk
06-29-2005, 08:43 PM
WWW.LTMOFFROAD.COM

ALright Lincoln Trials Motosports is hosting there 2nd anual Cornstalk 100, Big Quads go for 3hr, Big Bikes go for 100 miles.
I will be there with ILGNCC400EX, and 300racer.

more info

2nd ANNUAL CORNSTOCK 100

JULY 2 & 3, 2005

HARE SCRAMBLES AT IT'S BEST

LTM'S 2nd ANNUAL 100 MILES OF TIGHT, TECHNICAL WOODS, HILLS & HOLLOWS, MOTOCROSS & GRASS TRACK, CREEKS & FIELDS PLUS TONS OF FUN.

NEW CLASSES FOR 2005

UTILITY QUAD (2 & 4 WHEEL DRIVE)

+50 SUPER SENIOR (MOTORCYCLE CLASS)

GATE FEE $8.00 PER DAY

ENTRY FEES: ALL MINIS - $25.00 BIG BIKES & BIG QUADS - $35.00

SATURDAY - 50cc Auto's (8:30 am - 45 min. race), Beginner's (9:30 am - 45 min. race), Mini Quads (10:30 am - 45 min. race) & Big Quads (12:00 noon - 3 hour race)

SUNDAY - 65cc, 85cc, Mini/4-Stroke, Women (8:30 am - 65cc 1 hour race, 85,mini's & women 2 hour race) & Big Bikes (12:00 noon - 100 miles)

SPONSORED BY:

Pro Action, Mattoon Kawasaki-Yam-KTM, Thompson's Mototsports.com,

VP Racing Fuel, Hall's Cycles, Owen Motor Sports and Thumper Racing

300ex mxracer
07-01-2005, 11:06 AM
well i was watchin roostin_dale on sat and he was flyin. i should have been up wit the c-class but i blew my front shock:(

KILLAQuad
07-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Now that im done THROWING UP From Heat Exahustion and Dehidration ... I Have to say it was one hell of a track and one hell of a good day....

I got 2nd in B Class.... WOOO WHOOOOO.....:D

Very hard battle just trying to finish the race.... great ride to everyone out there..... especially the top 4 i was battleing with... YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE....:macho

Now its time to heal the hands...:huh

markk
07-03-2005, 10:20 PM
When you guys both went around me right after the finish line int he woods, I was stoped there throwing up as well, I-putted around to the pits and rinsed my helmet out and took off again, i made it a few miles into the trail and then i started dry heavving again, so i just stoped!

Does anyone know how i finished at LTM?

KILLAQuad
07-06-2005, 09:27 AM
When you guys both went around me right after the finish line int he woods, I was stoped there throwing up as well, I-putted around to the pits and rinsed my helmet out and took off again, i made it a few miles into the trail and then i started dry heavving again, so i just stoped!

Does anyone know how i finished at LTM?

Yeah the Heat Sucked....:huh

shaff107
07-09-2005, 03:39 PM
O u little babies getting sick ..... I was gonna say i told u so .... but u know that im am right in the back of ur head tyler ! CAN I SAY CAMELBACK ******!

gncc400exxx
07-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by shaff107
CAN I SAY CAMELBACK ******!

I second the Camelback; filled with a banana cognac, byitch

roostin_dale
07-11-2005, 07:11 AM
did any of you know Shaff is actually a pretty good Motocrosser too? I saw you yesterday at Casey man! Why did you pull off that second moto?

shaff107
07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
i thought my clutch was gettin hot ... plus i was getting tired of beating the tar out of my quad. i wish i would have had a little better setup i think that i could have done better. when GNC Nationals are done and over with i am going to come back a race again on one of Jamie Black Roll Design YFZ's that is set up for MX and see how i can do. How did u do ?

roostin_dale
07-11-2005, 01:33 PM
i thought my clutch was gettin hot ... plus i was getting tired of beating the tar out of my quad. i wish i would have had a little better setup i think that i could have done better. when GNC Nationals are done and over with i am going to come back a race again on one of Jamie Black Roll Design YFZ's that is set up for MX and see how i can do. How did u do ?

Jamies quads are sick...

I won the first B moto....second i was winning untill my dang seat fell off in the finish line whoops...on like the 3rd lap...i tried to keep going but i just gave up...

trost66
07-11-2005, 05:06 PM
I was just wondering who all was racing taylorville sunday

roostin_dale
07-11-2005, 06:40 PM

you mean this Sunday? on the 17th? i will be there...

roostin_dale
07-18-2005, 09:28 PM

where you there sunday?

B class was insane, all the fast guys were there, Dusty, Tyler, JC, Ben, Andrew, Me, it was a fast day, i think there were 15 of us, I went 1-2 for second overall, Dusty won.

They added a new 117 foot uphill double. It was intense on a quad. I hit it once pretty good, came up short once, then i stopped jumpin it. Bryce Walters in the A class cased it and went to the hospital...it was pretty nasty!

It was a crazy weekend (sorry for naming these names if you dont know any of them)

anyways, i looked for a quad with the mods you have in your sig, but i never saw you..

trost66
07-18-2005, 09:55 PM
No i wasn't there had to much stuff going on sunday. Sounds like it was a good time. The next 3 weekends are book for me. After that though i hope to do alot more racing. I', sure i will see you around.

300ex mxracer
07-19-2005, 09:43 AM
where else can i race 91-300cc in district 17 besides walnut?

roostin_dale
07-19-2005, 12:44 PM
where else can i race 91-300cc in district 17 besides walnut?

look around, its not hard to figure out.

Byron, Tville, Casey, Maybe Coal Valley? probably more..

trost66
07-26-2005, 11:02 PM
roostin dale how close did you get to clearing that double a taylorville. Also what gear did you hit it in

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 10:09 AM
roostin dale how close did you get to clearing that double a taylorville. Also what gear did you hit it in

well, lip to lip was 117 feet. I hit it once in 4th gear going balls all out and made it to about 120-125 feet. Then the second time i got scared and cased it.

You have to be FULLY commited in 4th and possibly 5th. I have the TC national motor so it gives me alot more pull out of the corner which let me do it in 4th. I have no idea what gear the other guys were in.

I should be at Tville this weekend too. Might go to byron, i dont know yet.

DJJ450r
07-27-2005, 10:18 AM
what double are you talking about at taylorville i love that track. i normally race xc but i raced at taylorville mx once and i go there to ride when i can. great place and it jus keeps gettin better

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
what double are you talking about at taylorville i love that track. i normally race xc but i raced at taylorville mx once and i go there to ride when i can. great place and it jus keeps gettin better

on the races on the 16th and 17th....they put in a new uphill 117 foot double saturday night, alot of people got hurt on it sunday. It was pretty wicked.

DJJ450r
07-27-2005, 11:55 AM
on the races on the 16th and 17th....they put in a new uphill 117 foot double saturday night, alot of people got hurt on it sunday. It was pretty wicked.

:eek: i wanna try it. ill probably hurt myself though:blah: did it replace the up hill triple?

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 12:18 PM
:eek: i wanna try it. ill probably hurt myself though:blah: did it replace the up hill triple?

yea it replaced the triple. But it is alot bigger and alot harder than the triple was! If you have stock shocks i wouldnt reccomend even thinking of it...

DJJ450r
07-27-2005, 12:23 PM
yea it replaced the triple. But it is alot bigger and alot harder than the triple was! If you have stock shocks i wouldnt reccomend even thinking of it...

do you have any pics of it?

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 12:28 PM
do you have any pics of it?

I dont have any pics of quads jumping it. But I might be able to get some of my girlfriend jumping it on her Kawi 250 dirtbike. I will call her mom and tell her to email me some, i will try to get them posted tomorrow, maybe tonight.

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 12:43 PM
here is the only pic i have now, i am trying to find one where you can see the ground too....

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 12:49 PM
pic is small and blurry but this is the 117footer...pictures dont show much, but you see this jump in person and its like :eek2:

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 12:52 PM
here she is on the triple/table on the front straight.

DJJ450r
07-27-2005, 01:01 PM
thx for the pics there awsum. the double doesnt look to bad guess ill jus have to go up there and take a look for myself:D

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 01:07 PM
thx for the pics there awsum. the double doesnt look to bad guess ill jus have to go up there and take a look for myself:D

like i said...the pics make it look small...when you show up you will be amazed how much bigger it is in person. the 250 bikes were wrecking...some A quads wrecked....it is a difficult jump.

250xridamatt
07-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Have you ever tried to race your girlfriend before? I am willing to bet she would kick my ***

roostin_dale
07-27-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 250xridamatt
Have you ever tried to race your girlfriend before? I am willing to bet she would kick my ***

haha i've tried to get her to but she wont race me. She races womens and schoolboy classes. Last year At LL's she finished 6th or 7th i think...and she is feeling very confident she can win this year....I guess she will find out in about a week!

dirtriderex
07-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Dam your lucky if you have a g/f that races, i'm still looking and have turned plenty down b/c they have no intrest in racing

roostcatcher
07-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Wish I could have been there. Leroy will probably change it around again before I can get back that way. Tell Brianna good luck at LL! We'll be rooting for her.

roostin_dale
07-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Tell Brianna good luck at LL! We'll be rooting for her.

I will do that. They are headin down tomorrow mornin.

Who is gunna be at Tville this weekend? I guess i will go and skip Byron....im going to Tville in about 30 minutes to get some practice laps in...

markk
08-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Alrith who is gona be able to make this race?

ILGNCC400ex,Big_Bad_Beny,The_eddy,racer300, and myself, should all be up there. We are also gona bring another guy up there with us. It will be his first race. (if he doest get too eager) he should place pretty good in the b-class.

Although we are still not sure if Racer300 is going to be able to make this race? He ran a local fair race, and came up short and one one back tire on a double. The doc says he tore somthing in his knee, (i forget what) But he said he is gona try to make the next one for sure.

SO WHO IS GONA MAKE IT?

shaff107
08-02-2005, 10:02 AM
I will be there for this one and Donny is going to get second this race.

I need a win to get close to the point at the end of the year!

gncc400exxx
08-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Count me in! I'll be the midpack attack on the Banana Cognac.

300racer
08-04-2005, 07:33 PM
I will be there prolly watchn though I don't think I will be able to race for a while I hope I can atleast make the next gncc.

markk
08-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Coker, that Ligament in that knee will heal up quick, But guess what. while your on the sidelines watching us Calvin is gona start to catch you in points lmao!

ILGNCC400EX
08-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Coker, that Ligament in that knee will heal up quick, But guess what. while your on the sidelines watching us Calvin is gona start to catch you in points lmao! :eek2:

kyleschonert
08-09-2005, 09:09 PM
who is racing MX at Casey this weekend?

and who is going to open practice at Walnut or Taylorville?:devil:
Im gonna start racing at Casey after a while. ANd next summer for sure. Hows the 300 class look there? Very many people\?

roostin_dale
08-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
Im gonna start racing at Casey after a while. ANd next summer for sure. Hows the 300 class look there? Very many people\?

the 300 class at Casey isnt great, sometimes a descent rider will show up....

Taylorville there are a couple good 300 class riders...you will have good competition at Tville if oyu race there..

meangreen400ex
08-10-2005, 02:28 PM
I will be there as long as I fight off this stomach infection and get my fat bars. 2nd race of the season so i don't expect too much

300racer
08-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Coker, that Ligament in that knee will heal up quick, But guess what. while your on the sidelines watching us Calvin is gona start to catch you in points lmao! lol I don't think calvin will catch me in points. I think as long as this is the only race i miss then i should still be able to pull a top 3 atleast in the points there. but guess what when i am racin agian i am ganna start catchn u befor the end of the race lol.

markk
08-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
lol I don't think calvin will catch me in points. I think as long as this is the only race i miss then i should still be able to pull a top 3 atleast in the points there. but guess what when i am racin agian i am ganna start catchn u befor the end of the race lol.

Hopfully not! SH8t i start out one min infront of you, If you see me just yell im move right outa the way! them get behind you and WHOOOO WHOOO and bump some tires!

Oh yeah mikey tell your little sister i said HEYYYYY!!!!!!!

YAYHonda
08-10-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by ROOSTINWARRIOR
i dont know, this will be my first year racing. wats byrons track like? do they have a seperate track for quads and bikes?
ya www.byronmotorsports.com i think

roostcatcher
08-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Who's headed to Lincoln Trails tomorrow? We'll be there. Hope the rain holds off!

aman
08-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Yes, they do have separate tracks for each. As for info about the track go to www.motobyron.com for more details. They run what is called the "Nuclear Series", which is a very popular event for them during the summertime, and gets a pretty good turnout at the quad track. Theres still 2 rounds left, so if you want to try it you still have some time

300racer
08-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Who's headed to Lincoln Trails tomorrow? We'll be there. Hope the rain holds off! I will be there along with the eddy, markk, calvin , big bad benny, and ILGNCC400ex. look for a black ford f250 with a black trailer and a red nissan with a little trailer on on the back that will be us. I will be the fat guy with the knee brace limpen around. stop by and say hi.

roostcatcher
08-14-2005, 06:39 AM
Lincoln Trails Harescramble has been CANCELLED!!!!! They've had rain all night and doesn't look like it's going to let up for awhile.

Catch you guys next time.

roostin_dale
08-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Taylorville MX cancelled for Sunday too! that sucks...

ILGNCC400EX
08-14-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
I will be there along with the eddy, markk, calvin , big bad benny, and ILGNCC400ex. look for a black ford f250 with a black trailer and a red nissan with a little trailer on on the back that will be us. I will be the fat guy with the knee brace limpen around. stop by and say hi. you could not tell you had a bad knee watchen you run the chit out of my 400 you flocker:eek:

kyleschonert
08-14-2005, 05:29 PM
hey roostin_dale, do you happen to have a pic. of how your steering stabalizers were mounteed on your 300 and 250x?

roostin_dale
08-15-2005, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by kyleschonert
hey roostin_dale, do you happen to have a pic. of how your steering stabalizers were mounteed on your 300 and 250x?

no sorry...I only had a stabilizer on for about a month before i sold it....

roostin_dale
08-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Whos goin to casey MX this weekend? lets get a BIG group going!

We need some B class racers...I will be there sat, sun, and mon racing! Let me know if your going...

roostin_dale
09-01-2005, 08:19 PM
we need more MX racers...everyone in d17 races XC! lol

All you xc guys come to casey this weekend and race me in B class..

shaff107
09-02-2005, 12:38 PM
U dont want none !! LoL .... i would if i could run one of jamie blacks YFZ's

roostcatcher
09-02-2005, 05:37 PM
we need more MX racers...everyone in d17 races XC! lol

Sorry, but I'll be on the hare side of the road this weekend. Good luck though and tell Brianna I hope she gets another hole shot like the last race at Casey. Man were those guys moanin'! It was awesome to watch.

Sam_400ex
09-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Update from my mom (roostcatcher). She got all the HS bike pics she could get. it is dusty as hell! She went over to the MX and they were watering for about 40 minutes before the 2nd moto.

Thoses of us that are going tomorrow, have fun in the dust. lol

Samantha
Phyllis Blume Photography

Sam_400ex
09-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Markk?!? where were u at? I never saw u at casey today. Just wondering why u didn't show.

Samantha

ILGNCC400EX
09-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Sam_400ex
Markk?!? where were u at? I never saw u at casey today. Just wondering why u didn't show.

Samantha
Phyllis Blume Photography mikey turned 21 sun i think the boys had a rough night and a rougher day mon:eek2:

roostcatcher
09-06-2005, 06:48 PM
mikey turned 21 sun i think the boys had a rough night and a rougher day mon

Well, happy b-day to him.

300racer
09-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by ILGNCC400EX
mikey turned 21 sun i think the boys had a rough night and a rougher day mon:eek2: no I didn't even drink on my b-day. I just didn't go cause I wasn't racin and markk doesn't think the mean 416 will last to much longer with that nasty motor noise. did u go to the race dan?

300racer
09-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, happy b-day to him. thanx

Sam_400ex
09-06-2005, 07:43 PM
LIGHTWEIGHTS!!!!!

Samantha

markk
09-06-2005, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Sam_400ex
LIGHTWEIGHTS!!!!!

Samantha

LOL that is funny! Im gona say thanks for that comment!

But no we drank more beer in this last weekend, than i have in MANY MANY MONTHS put togeather!

FRiday night = house party
Saturday night= House party to a KEGGER!
Sunday night =Watching the races in Haubstaut IN. While drinking some Budweiser MAN-CANS!

Sam_400ex
09-06-2005, 08:16 PM
LOL Don't ya know nothing kills a hangover like a face full of dust!!!

Samantha

markk
09-08-2005, 09:16 PM
So is anyone gona make it up To Wedron for the ama D-17 state H.S.?
Myself and a few other guys that raced at Casey last year went up and ran! Let me just say us southern boys could go up there and just dominate! The guy that won 1st over all was in b-class,2nd overall went to Curt Demay(a-class) 3rd went to James Stevens (+35) and 4th went to myself.

B-class needs some good quick guys. Last year Brian Edwards took first, Myself 2nd,and racer300 came in 4th, But he ran on a flat rear tire for the last 4laps.

The course was an awsome quad track (thanks Jeff B.) A good mx track high banked turn good rolling jumps and a wide track!

Im gona try 2 make it, but its gona depend on how much my motor is gona cost me when i tear n2 it tommarow!

So who is coming?

roostin_dale
09-12-2005, 08:35 PM
District 17 MX Championship this weekend!

Galesburg! I will have a red chevy 4-door, 22 foot black haulmark, 2 red 450r's and one black 450r! Look for us..we will be there friday morning and leavin monday, gunna be a fun weekend!

roostin_dale
09-12-2005, 08:53 PM
also, thanks to Phyllis Blume Photography for catching me in action, about to eat dirt because i missed the landing of a jump!

haha, check out the pic!

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?shopperid=R7XS6UX71EC99KRJWEM NEAU1G39GCSTA&userid=pblume&gallery_id=245497&image_id=15

roostcatcher
09-13-2005, 05:46 AM
also, thanks to Phyllis Blume Photography for catching me in action, about to eat dirt because i missed the landing of a jump!

Thanks, but that is actually coming out of the last corner before the jump. Did get ya a couple on nice "roost" shots. Don't call ya 'roostin_dale' for nothing.

shaff107
09-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Hey mark when is that state race ??

markk
09-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey mark when is that state race ??

October 9th! U might wanta talk to Jeff B. about it, He set it up last year it was a really good course! IM gona try to make it again. Got my motor lined out and a new exhaust so i should be able to make my quad move again with-out any problems.

roostin_dale
09-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Thanks, but that is actually coming out of the last corner before the jump. Did get ya a couple on nice "roost" shots. Don't call ya 'roostin_dale' for nothing.

I belive that is the infield tabletop when i missd the landing..

Here is a good roost shot you got of me...I might have to buy a few pics..

http://www.printroom.com/ViewGalleryPhoto.asp?userid=pblume&gallery_id=245495&image_id=3

bw200
09-20-2005, 12:43 PM
im takin you down at casey markk

markk
09-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by bw200
im takin you down at casey markk

Long time no see stranger, Yeah man you might as well, everyone else does!

Hey BW200 you need to change your location man, you dont live in C-town anymore! But your welcome to come up whenever you want!

QCquad83
09-22-2005, 07:30 AM
state championships were good. i messed up on sunday and thouht i bent my axle and had to pull off. but i just packed the beadlock full of mud. it sucked so i got a bad finish in the first moto and third in the second. but it was a good time. this weekend on sunday our track will be running [URL=http://]tricitym-c.com/URL] . it will be good and lets see who wants to run.

roostin_dale
09-22-2005, 11:21 AM
state championships were good. i messed up on sunday and thouht i bent my axle and had to pull off. but i just packed the beadlock full of mud. it sucked so i got a bad finish in the first moto and third in the second. but it was a good time. this weekend on sunday our track will be running [URL=http://]tricitym-c.com/URL] . it will be good and lets see who wants to run.

who are you? I got second in B class...Bracken beat me...

I remember when i met you at Walnut a long time ago when i had a 300ex and you had a 250r...

gncc400exxx
10-14-2005, 09:20 AM
anybody up for the GP at casey on Sunday.
I'll be there on the 06

Sam_400ex
10-14-2005, 03:26 PM
I'll be at Plymoth, IN. So will Mom. Maybe Dad too.

Samantha

markk
10-14-2005, 04:20 PM
I should be at Casey also, Along with ILGNCC400EX mabey Racer300.

Did anyone go to the AMA D-17 quad State HareScramble?

I missed it but i made it to another GNCC so it was worth it i guess!

Its looking like i might have a new quad for the team mate race!!!!

XtremeRide
10-16-2005, 09:09 PM
I should be at Casey also, Along with ILGNCC400EX mabey Racer300.

Did anyone go to the AMA D-17 quad State HareScramble?

I made it out to the Champ it was a good time.

markk
10-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Im sorry to hear about him, Iv never sceen him race, but iv read his name in the Cycle USA.
At least he was doing what he loved to do!

RIP