PDA

View Full Version : +2 shocks on stock a-arms

400exPete
03-16-2005, 07:20 AM
Guys I tried doing a search and came up with bupkiss. I am looking at a few used shocks for my quad. I really need to up grade the stocks since they are not keeping up with my weight or my riding. :p The shocks I am looking at, though, were being used on +2 a-arms. I do not have longer a-arms and do not plan on doing that since I do alot of tight trail riding. If a shock is set up for a 200lb rider with +2 a-arms what will it be like for a stock a-arm. I have heard that it be like a 20lb difference. Is this true or complete bull. I don't want to buy a shock and have it rebuilt right away since I am on a budget. I just don't know what kind of valving differences there are. I would think they need to be stronger since there is increased leverage on the shock. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks for the info.

bradley300
03-16-2005, 08:18 AM
how much do you wiegh? what weight are the shocks set up for?

400exPete
03-16-2005, 08:27 PM
I believe the shocks are set up for a 200lb rider on +2 a-arms. I use stock a-arms and weigh in the 250lb range. I know, I know time for a diet. :rolleyes:

bradley300
03-17-2005, 07:20 AM
i would say you would end up being alright with those shocks until you can get a revalve