PDA

View Full Version : fuel screw--can it make this much of an impact?

05-08-2002, 05:50 PM
Yesterday after I put in the 155 main jet, I took my quad to an open field where I could open it up in 5th gear all the way. It seemed to be fine I haven't looked at the plug yet. I took the airbox lid off when I did this. As I rode it, it seemed like it took a while to get to top speed, and when it gets to top speed it seems like it can go faster put it won't like it needs more gas. I am currently running 155mj-38piolt, stock needle groove. So today I gave the fuel screw about 2 turns. I then went back to the same field I went to yesterday. I still have the lid off. I ran it and I can now hit the rev limiter in 5th gear wide open. I have the 15 tooth sprokcet on the front. What does this mean? Did I turn the fuel screw to much? I was about to go buy a 158 main jet and cut up my air box. Any help would be great thanks.

05-08-2002, 10:10 PM
bump

CranMan
05-09-2002, 09:47 AM
I don't know for sure...but I don't think the fuel/air screw has anything to do with wide open throttle. I'm pretty sure that's just your main jet. I think in the EX Tech section there's a article that covers which part of the carb relates to different throttle positions..

05-09-2002, 01:51 PM
turning out the fuel screw will mainly help with cold starting. maybe the temp was different of the humidity. I found raising the needle 1 notch really helped me get up to speed quick. the 155 may be a bit lean with no lid, but try raising the needle a notch. you'll notice the mid-range punch difference.