PDA

View Full Version : My New 450 '05

frcfed4
03-16-2005, 05:43 AM
Just bought it last friday and just to say i love this thing. Its actually the first 4 wheeler ive owned but ive rode a lot of other peoples. Power is great, handles good. Just one question to everyone out there tho...when its idling it seems to be a little noisy not like a bad noisy but it kinda sounds like a ducatti bike at idle. Once u rev it up it goes away and the same thing happens when riding its like it has a lil powerband on it that it doesnt like running below. I just want to make sure that im not ****ing this thing up or make sure its not broken already

joejoe
03-16-2005, 08:41 AM
We just got our 05 in the begining of feb, so it's been kind of hard to ride it up here in mich, but we did notice that when it is idling, it seem to be a little loud. With all the problems they are having with the bearings and stuff, it makes you wonder.

03-16-2005, 10:10 AM
I bought mine back in September.......it acts the same way. It's a noisy, rattle sound that happens during idle. The bike runs fine, otherwise. Everyone says it's normal. I have a hard time believing it, though.

I fooled around and didn't take mine back for inspection. Now, my warranty has ran out. So, I HOPE it's all normal. Just seems like the only way it can make that noise, is if something is loose.........you know? Did they design something in the engine with a sloppy clearance?

hondaryder42
03-16-2005, 10:37 AM
short piston skirt + large bore = power and noise

aluminum casings around cylinder are not a good noise damper.

i wouldn't worry guys, they all make noise.:huh

Punk'd
03-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Does it kind of sound like a knocking noise? Everyones does that its normal. SO GO HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!:blah:

03-16-2005, 12:38 PM
try turning up your idle?

Extreem
03-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Here's the answer to your question.

Same thing was happening on my new 04. I drove me nuts worrying about it.

I decided to beat the ever lovin **** out of it to try and break it.
A year later...still running strong as ever, and still making that damn knocking noise.

Ride it like you stole it..

ATC350X 85
03-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Strange noises at idle are normal. If you pull in the clutch when its cold some of the noise goes away. Also if you lug the motor while riding it will make a knocking noise, keep those RPM's up.

White7
03-16-2005, 05:22 PM
Yep what they said ,they all do it,,wait til you put a cam in ,even a little more noise

frcfed4
03-16-2005, 06:37 PM
great i bought a rattle box....o well i think i like it. since a ducatti does it then i can deal with it. thanks guys

03-16-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by frcfed4
great i bought a rattle box....o well i think i like it. since a ducatti does it then i can deal with it. thanks guys you should hear a cannondale :eek2:

jeepnrocks
03-16-2005, 07:24 PM
yeah,
there are alot of lightweight components in that motor and they aren't going to deaden the sound as much. Mine had the little mini-powerband too. if you need to lug around a little more you can try putting a 13 tooth sprocket on. it will lower the gearing a bit but make the bike much more pleasant in the woods.

Check the forums for details on our xgx graphics giveaway for new members !!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/jeepnrocks/banner.jpg (http://www.****************.invisionzone.com/)