PDA

View Full Version : Desert racing in southern California

davebelding
03-16-2005, 12:13 AM
I ran my first race a couple of weeks ago in Adelanto. I pretty much sucked....started in the very last row of the beginner class and ended up 138th out of 159 riders. However, I'm hooked and want to race more!!!!

Where can I find info (schedules, etc.) on desert racing in southern California?

I'm not really interested in track racing.

What's the deal with the Lake Elsinore grand prix? I can't find any info on the 'net.

Any other suggestions?

I don't know if I can wait another year for Adelanto!!!!

CannondaleRider
03-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Theres going to be a WORCS race in SoCal.

its WORCS Round 4 in Taft, California on May 13-15.

Its not full on desert racing like say......BITD, but it may have some desert sections:macho

400grl
03-16-2005, 10:20 AM
I'll be there!!! Should be a good time - it's alot like a Grand Prix, actually......different types of terrain, some MX, some desert......the WORCS people put on a GREAT race!!! :)

davebelding
03-16-2005, 11:50 AM
I checked it out.....it looks like it could be fun. I'll try to make it.

Thanks for the info!

wilkin250r
03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
If you're willing to drive a little, desert racing is pretty big in southern Nevada, out of Las Vegas. The big desert race is the Vegas to Reno race.

aci clay
03-29-2005, 09:26 AM
dave, i think i was lined up right next to you on the start at adelanto. it was my first race on a quad also and first race of any type in about 18 years. i think i followed you around the first lap and it looked like you kind of backed off a little on the second lap. i finished 34th beginner, 125th o/a, just a few spots ahead of you. starting from the back row definitly sucked, couldn't see a thing on the first straight. it was a blast though and i'm looking for another one also. its kinda hard to find the time, i've got 2 boys racing bikes and most times their races are for bikes only. maybe we'll check out that taft race though, sounds like fun. we're for sure going to do elsinore gp in mid november and maybe pismo beach race in october, those both allow bikes and quads.

davebelding
03-29-2005, 09:43 AM
Clay,

I do remember you, and I remember you going by me on the 2nd lap (I was getting pretty whipped). I've only had my quad since November, so I've got some work to do before I race again.

I was thinking about racing this weekend in 29 Palms, but I bent my rear axle this past weekend, so I'll have to wait until I can get a new one before I race again.

I plan to race Elsinore. I might even be able to talk some of my buddys into racing in the classic (my friend has a '75 Husky 250).

Pismo sounds interesting. I'll see what I can find out about it. I've got a friend up in Santa Maria, and my daughter goes to school at Cal Poly in SLO, so she can come down and watch her old dad race.

Glad to hear you made it through Adelanto unscathed. The first turn was a mess! I had a guy flip his quad right in front of me in the second(?) turn, and then two more guys crashed right ahead of me out in the desert portion.

Hope to see you in Pismo, and will definatley see you in Elsinore!

Dave