PDA

View Full Version : Header Question?????

RIDER136
03-15-2005, 08:46 PM
i have heard some people say that a header pipe will not give you any gain without having your engine bored out and if you put one on a stock engine than it may give worse performance is this true??? i was wondering because i was looking into getting a header but number one dont know which one or to get any at all just check out my mods below and if you could help me out it would be great thanks !!!:confused:

nosliw
03-15-2005, 09:37 PM
imo with your mods you will benefit from an aftermarket header. the powerbomb header should fit (not positive)

bpimpdaddy21
03-16-2005, 05:53 AM
I am also wondering the same thing as RIDER136. I had read in prior posts over the last year or so that with a completely stock engine, a header was pointless. But since we both have about the same mods, I am also wondering how much we would benefit from a header. Would it actually be a noticable power gain? And as RIDER136 said above, which one? I have heard good things about the Powerbomb, but what would be the best to match to the pro-circuit slip-on, the PC header? And also, do any of the headers allow use of the stock heat shield? Mine is powdercoated, and I want to continue to use it. If not no biggie. Any help is appreciated!

wilkin250r
03-16-2005, 02:05 PM
A pipe is a very simple add-on. Almost anybody can undo a few nuts and bolts and change their pipe. As such, because EVERYBODY upgrades their pipe, there is a lot of hype about the gains, benifits, pros and cons. Every retard in the world has an opinion about pipes, because it's the only upgrade they know anything about. Some idiots think that, because they have an upgraded pipe, they now have a tricked-out, fire-breathing, screaming race machine. Their piped quad has GOT to be the fastest machine out there, because it's upgraded.

Truth is, the stock Honda headpipe is actually pretty good, there's not a huge room for improvement. Sure, you'll see gains with an aftermarket header, but not all that huge or significant. A higher compression piston isn't actually moving more air, so the stock header really isn't providing a great restriction. I'd be surprised if you saw 2hp difference with an aftermarket header.

skimobileman
03-16-2005, 06:12 PM
the honda 400ex header is already very good ive seen crazy 440's that were still using the stock header pipe, honda did a very good job with it, your better off leaving it