PDA

View Full Version : Might be buying a 2003 and have questions!!!

michaelopfer
03-15-2005, 08:13 PM
there is a 2003 polaris predeter 500 for sale at a salvage auction and I was woundering what the cost for some parts would be....since I have rode honda all my life......and also I was woundering if there are any kind of common problems with them that I may need to upgrade.....and what kind of pipe would be best for one of these...??
thanks michael Opfer

the parts that need to be replaced are,

stearing stem

handle bars

grab bar

bumper

plastic-----all plastic front and rear

and all 4 tires on stock rims

and the cost of the best pipe......full or slip....it don't matter

etter696
03-15-2005, 09:52 PM
stock steering stem should be under 200,

hpd make a sweet +2 stem w/ clamps and bushings for like 269 shipped

u can buy any handle bars for it, anywhere from 35-130, i used pro tapers on my old pred, with the stock plastic key guage light assembley a little tight, but worked fine, otherwise u can relocate the key to the front plastics

grab bars go for like 35-70 depending on what u want

bumpers are like 80-120, had an ac on my 03 and that was around 85 i believe

plastic is about 200 for all, plus shipping through polaris, dealers may ask 130 a piece me dealership always cut me a deal :D

tires are about 60 a piece, and if u buy rims they run from 40-125 depending on what u want

u can buy a dg slip on for like 160, not much power gain but noise if thats what u are going for, the pro circuit sounds nice but i have heard alot good about big gun and thats about 500 for a complete system.

common defects, bad tranny's i never had a problem i think its mainly from people not knowing how to use the "clutch", 03 and 04 frames tend to crack, mine never did besides the rear fender brackers on the back of the subframe, rath racing offers some nice gusset kits for the predator though, some people had timing chain problems mine never did, motors tend to be a little loud, other than that its just like any other quad