PDA

View Full Version : financing threw honda?

honduh440
03-15-2005, 07:33 PM
well i got approved by honda for up to a 6000 dollar loan and in columbia missiouri they have 450r's for 5399 out the door the rate starts at 24% intrest but they said when i come in they can most likely lower it . my question is who has financed threw them and what is your expierence what kind of rate did you get ext. and how old were you

416exmx
03-15-2005, 08:07 PM
wow, 24%. I was gonna go over there and buy some 450r's, but decided to stay local. but they need to get it under 10%. even 15% intrest is hard paying for.

honduh440
03-15-2005, 08:14 PM
yeah 24 is just the highest they have when i got approved by honda online it just said i can get up to 6000 but didnt say any kind of intrest rates so i called the dealership and they said when i come in they will work it out and only if you have bad credit it would be 24%. but i would never pay that much that is just awfull

tdsongster
03-15-2005, 08:40 PM
24% OMG that must be the freakin legal limit. You would have to be out of your mind to pay that. I think you are out of your mind to pay any interest on a toy. Toys should always be paid for with cash.

honduh440
03-15-2005, 08:44 PM
their is probably a million people if not more in the united states with cars that cost less then this "toy"

alimdar2times
03-15-2005, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by tdsongster
I think you are out of your mind to pay any interest on a toy. Toys should always be paid for with cash.

Well, this time we agree.....

If you pay 24% on ANYTHING, you're nuts. That is not my opinon, that is a fact. The thing is, with most of the "toy" companies (Honda, Suzuki, Kawi, Yamalog, etc.) the financing is underwritten/provided for through a credit card company. If you can get approved for 6 g's gthrough them, you should be able to get approved conventionally (bank, credit union, etc.).You also stated that:

the rate starts at 24% intrest but they said when i come in they can most likely lower it

Thing is, if they can get you at a high rate like that, they most likely will. The chances of them lowering it too much are probably slim. Also, read the fine print and look for the default rate in the event you miss a payment. It'll probably be around 27-29 percent.

03-15-2005, 08:49 PM
my local credit union looked at my past credit and offered me 11% and I went to Honda that next day and they offered me 6%

Kansas T
03-15-2005, 08:52 PM
24% is crazy. I financed through honda at 4.9% last year.

honduh440
03-15-2005, 09:02 PM
I never said anythign about them givnig me 24% and i would never take that i said that the sales rep at the dealership stated it starts and 24% and goes down based on ur credit history and he said to come in and find out what my rate would be

im just simply asking what other people have got for their rates and expeirences i know how to do business

Ex'In_Alberta
03-15-2005, 10:22 PM
intrest on mine was only 3.2% some special intrest rate for some reason, i only end up paying like 4-500$ intrest on the loan but they've screwed up taking my payments out like 10 times

alimdar2times
03-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
i know how to do business

Hmmmm......

Seems to me that if that was really the case, wouldn't you already know what they could give you for an interest rate? I mean, if you are such a savvy businessman. There's this thing where you can actually talk to the loan reps over the phone - amazing, I know. You give them these numbers like your social and d/l, bank info, credit references, and then they call you back later and tell you what you are approved for. I'm not flaming or being a jerk-off, just try not to be so damn defensive...:devil:

honduh440
03-15-2005, 11:09 PM
chill out brotha

id been at work for 13 hours so i kind of did get out of line on the defensive side.......... forgive me............... but i actually tryed to get the numbers over the phone and they wouldnt do anything untill im presant at the shop. i would assume that with them doing the credit check and being able to approve me for the "up to 6000" they say that they would know what intrest rate they can give me but oh well guess ill find out friday

alimdar2times
03-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I'm chill....

I've done the 12+ hour thing a couple too many times myself, so I know where yer coming from. Just seems a little odd to me that they wouldn't give you details. Just read the fine print and don't end up whoring yourself out on the interest rate to get that 450. Good luck to you on it, let us know how it works out.

300ex13
03-16-2005, 12:24 PM
if you pay with cash up front instead of paying interest you will pay less. Interest will take you close to double the original cost....if i was you i'd pay with cash and take it off the floor that day....but thats just me

honduh440
03-16-2005, 01:13 PM
i just got dumber from that