View Full Version : Difference in tires

dodgeram
03-15-2005, 06:38 PM
I am looking into purchasing a set of maxis tires for my 450r. What is the difference between the razr and the razr 2s. Also is the I razr any good I like the tread pattern on them. Thanks for the info.

jeepnrocks
03-16-2005, 07:28 PM
the razr 2's are alot beefier. they seem to wear really well too

5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

450Rkid
03-16-2005, 07:56 PM
forget the maxxis tires get hole shots the maxxis tires wear much faster than itps

Punk'd
03-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by dodgeram
I am looking into purchasing a set of maxis tires for my 450r. What is the difference between the razr and the razr 2s. Also is the I razr any good I like the tread pattern on them. Thanks for the info.

Im in the same boat but im not paying no 80 bucks for 1 tire:eek:

jeepnrocks
03-17-2005, 08:59 AM
the i razr's wear faster than the raz2, i have irazrs now and am switching to razr 2's. after that i may try an itp tire.. not sure though.

5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

ajr400ex
03-17-2005, 09:05 AM
The Razr's are lighter and work well in normal conditions. Razr 2's are good for the slop, don't corner as well as the regular Razrs but are a good all around tire. The I-razrs hook up really well and work well in the mud. They do not have as much side bite. I am running Raz 2 fronts and Razr rears. I will run the 2's or I-razrs at the muddy GNCC's. Tire choice depends on the application. for trail riding I would go with Razrs, Holeshots, or Kenda's XC tire.