View Full Version : Jettin Question

pharit
03-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Alright i recently switched from my fat boy that was worthless and hallow to a dg silencer Now would that throw my jetting off?

Cause when i drag race i usually start off in second and i can jsut spin like a mofo coming off the line, Now she about wants to die.

Pops and missfires down low but runs good in the power band plug is black and greasy is why i;m asking about the jetting and i just changed it yesturday the plug i mean

But what puzzles me is that it ran fine until my needle clip came un-done. i found the clip and everything and but a new one back in in the same location but when i was in there i removed some panty hose that was covering my K&N and just put my outterwear back on there.

i;m friggin puzzled help me out here

pharit
03-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Come on guys anyone know anything about this????

wilkin250r
03-16-2005, 05:46 PM
What is your current jetting?

Sure, I can understand why you're confused. You wouldn't think that a simple silencer change would drastically affect your jetting. Then again, you're plug is black and greasy, which indicates rich jetting.

I had a similar situation when I first bought my 250r. It always ran fine, and idled fine. I swapped some parts out, then swapped the SAME ones back in, and I could never get my quad to idle, and the plug was wet black at idle (fine at WOT). I played with the air screw and idle speed, nothing worked. I went one smaller on the pilot jet, and still made no difference. If it idled fine before, I shouldn't need to make major changes, right?

As it turns out, my pilot jet was WAY too big. I was running a 158, but I didn't realize how big that was. It seemed unfathomable that I would ever need to go down 5 jet sizes, especially since it seemed to idle fine before, so I was really confused. But I tried it, I went down to a 148, and it ran great. Now, I'm even MORE confused. How in the world did it idle with a 158 in there?

pharit
03-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
What is your current jetting?

Sure, I can understand why you're confused. You wouldn't think that a simple silencer change would drastically affect your jetting. Then again, you're plug is black and greasy, which indicates rich jetting.

I had a similar situation when I first bought my 250r. It always ran fine, and idled fine. I swapped some parts out, then swapped the SAME ones back in, and I could never get my quad to idle, and the plug was wet black at idle (fine at WOT). I played with the air screw and idle speed, nothing worked. I went one smaller on the pilot jet, and still made no difference. If it idled fine before, I shouldn't need to make major changes, right?

As it turns out, my pilot jet was WAY too big. I was running a 158, but I didn't realize how big that was. It seemed unfathomable that I would ever need to go down 5 jet sizes, especially since it seemed to idle fine before, so I was really confused. But I tried it, I went down to a 148, and it ran great. Now, I'm even MORE confused. How in the world did it idle with a 158 in there?

i here that man i;ve only been into 250r's for about a year now. and kinda in the dark here but my buddy who had it before me is goin to take a look at it hopfully we can find something out...