PDA

View Full Version : Cat Bike

elite ATV1
03-15-2005, 05:16 PM
West Coast Choppers built this bike for Catipiller and my dads devision of cat also.

here is the picture
it will be shown on april 4th and 11th on the discovery channel
http://www.cat.com/cda/files/224689/7/CatBike0251.jpg

Chino
03-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie69
Thats sooo much better then anything occ would do

I think your bias, i love both shops work the old school of jesse and all the "hand made" stuff, yhen old/new school combined @ OCC the green/black web bike they finished up last night was sick lookin imo.

TGW_400ex
03-15-2005, 07:34 PM

amen

wheeltrax
03-15-2005, 07:41 PM
that is really sweet looking!

WEEZIL
03-15-2005, 08:17 PM
OCC=GAY
WEST COAST CHOPPERS= SELL OUT
CHOPPERS INC= THE BEST BIKE BUILDER ON GODS WHOLE EARTH.. BILLY LANE IS MY HERO!

Mxjunkie
03-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by WEEZIL
OCC=GAY
WEST COAST CHOPPERS= SELL OUT
CHOPPERS INC= THE BEST BIKE BUILDER ON GODS WHOLE EARTH.. BILLY LANE IS MY HERO!

lol they arent sell-outs, if he is i guess everyone thats on tv now is too

kamikaze_rzrbak
03-15-2005, 08:22 PM
lol they arent sell-outs, if he is i guess everyone thats on tv now is too
wouldnt that be billy lane??? hmmmm:confused: :devil:

alimdar2times
03-15-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak
wouldnt that be billy lane??? hmmmm:confused: :devil:

When I start seeing "Choppers Inc." clothes at Wal-Mart, then I'll call Billy Lane a sell-out. Until then, Jesse owns the title of sell-out.... Hasn't anyone seen the cheesy Autozone commercials he does either?

kamikaze_rzrbak
03-15-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by alimdar2times
When I start seeing "Choppers Inc." clothes at Wal-Mart, then I'll call Billy Lane a sell-out. Until then, Jesse owns the title of sell-out.... Hasn't anyone seen the cheesy Autozone commercials he does either?
i guess you'll understand when they wave money under your nose:blah:

bulkdriverlp
03-15-2005, 09:03 PM
occ are azzwipes, at least jr and sr are, i met them in person and have bunch of autographed stuff. jessie james got caught sellin coke and lost everything. but had a contract with distcovery he had to withold so thats why the moster garage show started. he will do anything for a buck to try to rebuild what he lost, thats why the cheesey commercials. hes greedy just like occ. the rest of the builders are real lagit unitl some big lucritive contract comes along and then they will sell out just like the others. money talks

kamikaze_rzrbak
03-15-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
jessie james got caught sellin coke and lost everything. but had a contract with distcovery he had to withold so thats why the moster garage show started. he will do anything for a buck to try to rebuild what he lost,
u wouldnt do the same thing? Jesse James runs a bussiness, and he does a damn good job at it. You think it's sellin out for having people buy your shirts at wal-mart, thats not called selling out thats called getting paid for people advertising your business. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

FourFiftyFour
03-15-2005, 10:37 PM
who cares? they all build better bikes than most ppl in the world and probably better than anyone on here.

all the bikes are cool, i dont care about what the builder does or who he is, they all have talent and creativity, just another fellow artist to me.

alimdar2times
03-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by kamikaze_rzrbak
i guess you'll understand when they wave money under your nose:blah:

It's not so much that, I can appreciate someone chasing a buck. I guess what it was that made me call "sell-out" is that if you watch the Motorcycle Mania series (the ones that feature J. James), it starts off pretty cool, and you can side with the guy and believe him when he gives the "me against the world" speeches in the interviews. As the series progresses, he becomes more and more of the "poor me, I can't get any work done because I'm a celeb" type. You reap what you sow. Did he build the biz and do a hell of a job of it? Absolutely. Do I think he (somewhat) whored himself and his image out for a buck? Yeah, I do.

As far as this goes:

who cares? they all build better bikes than most ppl in the world and probably better than anyone on here.

You don't say? Maybe that's why they're on T.V. and not the rest of us....:rolleyes:

chucked
03-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Chino
I think your bias, i love both shops work the old school of jesse and all the "hand made" stuff, yhen old/new school combined @ OCC the green/black web bike they finished up last night was sick lookin imo. uhh yea, thats what bias means....

They are all sell-outs, if they weren't you wouldnt have heard of them

chucked
03-16-2005, 07:13 AM

lmao, wanna see something funny!
http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=69104&x=7

http://www.cat.com/cda/files/224853/7/webpic.jpg

(occ made the bike, not west coast choppers)

sly400ex
03-16-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by chucked
lmao, wanna see something funny!
http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=69104&x=7

http://www.cat.com/cda/files/224853/7/webpic.jpg

(occ made the bike, not west coast choppers)

That's what I was thinking, West Coast doesn't build bikes like that, that's OCC....

Hahaha to all the people knocking OCC:devil:

Rdhanded2
03-16-2005, 08:28 AM
This is Jesse James newest bike.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

FourFiftyFour
03-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by alimdar2times

You don't say? Maybe that's why they're on T.V. and not the rest of us....:rolleyes:

yeah smartass, well they are all saying that one builder isnt so good and this other one is much better and blah blah blah... so i said what i said, i just like to see nicely built bikes, everyone has their own style but just bc u like one style better than the other builders, doesnt mean that builder isnt very good. IMO I prefer OCC bikes to Jesses bikes, but Im not going to say Jesse isnt a good builder just bc his style isnt my favorite

aviator4
03-16-2005, 09:09 AM
Personally, I have a hard time calling anyone that gets busted selling (or using, for that matteer) drugs "cool." Having kids changes your perception of what cool is. At least the OCC guys are up front about their past and how they kicked their illegal habbits. They also seem to do a lot of benefit/charity work in their area (like taking Cody in, making the Fire Bike, the Santa Bike etc..)

I Like Jesse's bikes. He turnes out some really sick stuff. But he is a jerk in real life. Did you guys see the way he was treating fans during the "beer fire-truck" episode of Monster Garage? Some guy came up and asked for his autograph and he replied something like "Dude, just drink the free beer before I kick your butt" - What a loser.

It's one thing to be a celebrity, it's another thing to treat those that got you there like pieces of crap. It seems like these guys forget who got them there, who watches their shows and who buys their merchandise.

I've never owned anything with the WCC logo on it, and never will. Come to think of it, I don't own anything with the OCC logo either... It's all Fox, Thor, Msr, etc... LOL

03-16-2005, 09:19 AM
OCC's bikes are pretty badass. that new one is sick (web-green), and the snap-on bike was sick also.

Mxjunkie
03-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Limmie show you something, heres a bike Jesse built, then I'll show you a bike o.c.c built

Jesses

Mxjunkie
03-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Occ as you can see it doesnt come even near w.c.c! and thats one of o.c.cs "top" bikes:ermm: its just all parts put togather that they buy. I'm comparing customer bikes.

Rdhanded2
03-16-2005, 11:02 AM
It is still not better than this

K2Snow
03-16-2005, 12:29 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Explain that then mxjunkie.

Mxjunkie
03-16-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by K2Snow
quote:

Explain that then mxjunkie.

allright then, Jeese makes almost everything for his bikes, the motors hands down are ALOT better then the rev-techs they use in occ's bikes. Almost all of jesses motors are s&s and patrick motors.

Welds, Ever see a occ bike in person? check out their welds they will make you cry. Jesses welds are top notch on everything he does. The only thing IMO after seeing a few bikes that orange county has built in person the paint is topnotch, other then that I wasnt to impressed.

Time, All of occ's bikes are rushed with deadlines, west coast's bikes take time because they arent just thrown togather to meet some last minute bs deadline.

Overall design- Almost all of orange countys bikes look the same, its almost like they use the same frame design and just slap some crap on it and wow theres a bike, Guys like Billy Lane, Jesse James Actually make there **** by hand. occ is trying it now but once the painter gets there hands on it, its all bondo almost like those damn euro bikes people are building now.

I dont know if any of you have seen Paul sr's style of bikes but they suck, Hes into this the tanks about a ft over the frame and u have to look thru the handle bars, I think orange county is the biggest sell out company there is. They build stuff that just about anyone with a welder and some simple tools can build. All o.c.c has is theme bikes and tv, theres nothing there.

trick450r
03-16-2005, 12:54 PM
i think both guys are sell outs...now the martin bros. they build some of the sickest/ most extremem bikes i have ever seen in my life!~!

K2Snow
03-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Mxjunkie, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that everything you listed were more detailed things that couldn't be seen in the picture. From what you wrote, I can agree that the build (quality) differences are there. I do still find it humorous that you automatically found the cosmetic look of the bike intriguing only because you originally thought it was WCC. Like you said, all OCC builds is theme bikes, so why would a theme bike from WCC be so much better? Picture references only, not referring to build right not but rather the look of the bike.

Mxjunkie
03-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by K2Snow
Mxjunkie, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that everything you listed were more detailed things that couldn't be seen in the picture. From what you wrote, I can agree that the build (quality) differences are there. I do still find it humorous that you automatically found the cosmetic look of the bike intriguing only because you originally thought it was WCC. Like you said, all OCC builds is theme bikes, so why would a theme bike from WCC be so much better? Picture references only, not referring to build right not but rather the look of the bike.

Never said I still didnt like it cause it was orange county, that bike deff meets what a cat looks like. I'm open to many builders brands and everything, Theres just designs and styles I dont like. I like to look at what parts they are running, motor work parts etc. I guess you could say I'm into bikes a little to much but hey I've been in it since I was little.

I'll give them props that bike is nice.

K2Snow
03-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Never said I still didnt like it cause it was orange county,
I'll give them props that bike is nice.

Alright I can respect that then. It just seemed at first that you were biased hardcore just because of builder but you've explained yourself quite well. Personally, I like the Japanese sportbikes and have been trying to find a cheap F4i for awhile now.

03-16-2005, 01:05 PM
if these bike builders were not sell outs they wouldn't be on tv and you guys would have no idea who they are. and wouldn't have anything to ****** about, because you have no idea what their bikes look like. so just about any name you bring up is comercialized and a sell out in most of your opinions

dober250R
03-16-2005, 01:27 PM
Eh, I don't like the term "sellout". These people are just trying to make money to support their fams, and their favorite thing to do.... build bikes. They are getting extra recognition by being put on the tv. I would like to see some of these people try to build a bike...

wilkin250r
03-16-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't know how anybody that could call themselves a chopper fan could EVER mistake that for West Coast Choppers. It has OCC style all over it.

OCC has a certain style and building philosophy. They do a little custom fabrication, add tidbits here and there, but a lot of their work is sent out. They give their suppliers a basic idea, but that's it. Wheels, paint, even the gas tank on the Fire Bike is all designed, built, and styled by somebody OTHER than OCC. While this makes for a fast turnaround time, and a decent end product, it doesn't really fit the spirit of "bike building". A true great bike builder (like Billy Lane, Arlen Ness, and even Jesse James) do as much of their own fabrication as possible, and design a bike from start to finish, rather than outsourcing their design work.

Don't get me wrong, I like OCC, and I think they build some very nice bikes. As a company, I would call them great builders, but as individuals, I wouldn't put Paul Jr. or Sr. into the same category as other great builders. Too much of their work isn't their own.