PDA

View Full Version : tether kill switch help quick!

Sprks450r04
03-15-2005, 05:11 PM
i bought a tether and i tryed to wire it to my key switch and i just kept blowing fuses and then i tryed to ground the negitive to the frame and then i kept blowing fuses and i dont know how to do this can someone please help

there is one black wire and one white wire
and i am still using the stock starter button and light switch

crazyelece
03-15-2005, 06:26 PM
What wires are you hooking them to in the key switch. What color does white go to? What color does black go to? Also is your kill switch a normal open or normal closed?

Sprks450r04
03-15-2005, 06:30 PM
the white goes to the positive(red) and the black goes to the negitive (black) and i do get what u mean by the normal open or normal closed

dork
03-15-2005, 07:22 PM
what brand of tether is it? they are usually normally open, and the 300ex key switch has to be closed to run, so even if you stopped blowing fuses it wouldn't start. when does it blow the fuse?

try this first though. hook up one wire to the primary wire on the coil and the other one to a ground on the frame. then try it.

sprtrx300ex
03-15-2005, 07:28 PM
This is the proper way to do it.

Do it how Jeepdude says to.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101396

Dont forget when your connecting the wires to make sure you attach each tether wire to both ends of the wire you cut.

Its irratating, but hang in there and make sure you connect every thing right and not sloppy. Then wrap the hell outta it in electrical tape.
If you have anymore questions, ask

crazyelece
03-15-2005, 08:20 PM
The problem is you're guessing as to what wires you are connecting to. The red wire is battery hot, the black wire is regulator hot or key "on" power.

You need to connect one to ground (which is green) and the other to the kill signal going to the ignition module (which is black w/ white stripe). You can splice into them on either the key switch or the cluster that goes to the kill switch on the handlebar.

The kill switch needs to be the normal open type.