PDA

View Full Version : I Just Don't Get It!!!!

MXRACER86
03-15-2005, 01:52 PM
:mad: I just don't get it!! Why don't they show ATV racing on T.V..
Whether it be The Speed Channel or ESPN. For god sakes they show every other kind of racing that is out there! Including lawnmower racing!!!! What the helll!! These pros do not get what they deserve! Sorry everybody for this angry post, I am just venting!:scary:

TGW_400ex
03-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
:mad: I just don't get it!! Why don't they show ATV racing on T.V..
Whether it be The Speed Channel or ESPN. For god sakes they show every other kind of racing that is out there! Including lawnmower racing!!!! What the helll!! These pros do not get what they deserve! Sorry everybody for this angry post, I am just venting!:scary:

lawnmower racing is sick:macho

I've seen semi races on tv:huh

MXRACER86
03-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by TGW_400ex
lawnmower racing is sick:macho

I've seen semi races on tv:huh
See what I mean though! Does anybody think that semi racing is more exciting than the GNC MX series????

400exrules
03-15-2005, 02:00 PM
and who would rather watch some kid passout and fall off the stage on ESPN at a spelling bee, then watch quads rippin it up?

03-15-2005, 02:03 PM
yea i noticed there way not quad racing....wtf.....

MXRACER86
03-15-2005, 02:07 PM
I am going to write a letter to Speed channel and ESPN about how they should Televise ATV racing!

duke416ex
03-15-2005, 02:10 PM
write one for me too, I don't think they show enough of any cross country or motox, or freestyle, I rarely ever see anything on there.

400exrules
03-15-2005, 02:12 PM
email this thread to them after it gets bigger

MXRACER86
03-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
email this thread to them after it gets bigger

Oh I will! I have had it with ESPN and SPEED Channel!

FoxRacing81
03-15-2005, 02:36 PM
It would be sick for them to televise the Nationals, all the GNCC races, the TT races, that'd be sick. Dirtbike riders get so much attention on TV. Quad riders you can only see on like the internet or in magazines like dirtwheels and stuff.

I'm in for it.

You should definatly email them.

-Mx

P.S. Someone should start a petition for this!!

Matt37
03-15-2005, 02:38 PM
i could see why speed channel doesnt show it now a days speed channel is very devoted to nascar. A few years ago they use to show all kinds of racing, like that tractor pull where the tractors had like 3 engines in them. But all they really do now is nascar and F1.

LuckyOxygen
03-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Last season, ATV sport TV had nearly all of the MX series and some of the TT series on the outdoor channel. Not sure if they are doing it this year.

Bush0102
03-15-2005, 02:41 PM
i watched ping pong and the mini golf championship last week on espn2

400ex45
03-15-2005, 02:46 PM
im sorry but i think that the atv sport show was stupid. it was nice to see racing but they need to have the hole half hour devoted to showing racing not 5 min. at the beginning and 5 min. at the end. or have it an hour long show

MXRACER86
03-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by 400ex45
im sorry but i think that the atv sport show was stupid. it was nice to see racing but they need to have the hole half hour devoted to showing racing not 5 min. at the beginning and 5 min. at the end. or have it an hour long show

I totally agree with you! They need to make it just as long as the supercross on t.v.!

Mxjunkie
03-15-2005, 02:57 PM
They have ****ing extreme jump roping but not quads? pisses me off I've wanted quads on espn for a LONG time, I think its time will come soon though!

MXRACER86
03-15-2005, 02:58 PM
We have to make this thread as long as possible!! So we can use it as a petition!

markk
03-15-2005, 03:01 PM
OLN/ April 5th/ Time IDK, But Gilmer Tx is gona be on tv. It will be the start of the GNCC series. And then Flordia will be shown at a later date. and So on!!

MXRACER86
03-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by markk
OLN/ April 5th/ Time IDK, But Gilmer Tx is gona be on tv. It will be the start of the GNCC series. And then Flordia will be shown at a later date. and So on!!
Yes, but It is only OLN! Not everybody in the country gets OLN! It has to be on ESPN or The Speed Channel! So the whole country see's it. That is how the sport will get noticed.

crday98
03-15-2005, 03:44 PM
I am going to write a letter to Speed channel and ESPN about how they should Televise ATV racing! it's been done before. a bunch of us here tried this years ago and it just fell on deaf ears. i think the lame *** response was that there wan't enough money or market involved to make it worth their while airing it on their network.:rolleyes:

muddy400EX
03-15-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by markk

AWESOME! i was hopin they would have GNCC on tv. ill def. be watchin that.

and i agree, i have seen some stupid *** stuff on tv that there is just no point in televising. i remember the "hot dog eating championships" on espn once:huh i think that once they play it and notice how many people watch it they will start playing it alot. and everyone that thinks quads are bad and dangerous will see that there not.:)

bulkdriverlp
03-15-2005, 03:46 PM
these atv shows are pretty stupid, the atv television grey haired little ***, who doesnt know how to ride, thinks hes cool because he put dual yohshi on his kfx700. the sport atv show sucks too, too many advertisements. instead they show curling and chit. im mad about it too. :mad: :mad:

Krazy KFX
03-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Here is the Schedule on OLN from OLN's web Site

SEARCH RESULTS
SATURDAY
4/2/2005
2:00PM - 2:30PM GNCC RACING TELEVISION ()
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
Join OLN for another exciting episode of GNCC Racing Television
TUESDAY

4/5/2005
5:00PM - 5:30PM GNCC RACING TELEVISION ()
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
THURSDAY

4/7/2005
11:00AM - 11:30AM GNCC RACING TELEVISION ()
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
SATURDAY

4/9/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
TUESDAY

4/12/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
THURSDAY

4/14/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
SATURDAY

4/16/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TUESDAY
4/19/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
THURSDAY
4/21/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
SATURDAY
4/23/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TUESDAY
4/26/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
THURSDAY
4/28/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
SATURDAY
4/30/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
TUESDAY
5/3/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
THURSDAY
5/5/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
SATURDAY
5/7/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
TUESDAY
5/10/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
THURSDAY
5/12/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
SATURDAY
5/14/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
TUESDAY
5/17/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
THURSDAY
5/19/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
SATURDAY
5/21/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
TUESDAY
5/24/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
THURSDAY
5/26/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
SATURDAY
5/28/2005
GNCC RACING TELEVISION
TBD
TUESDAY
5/31/2005
5:00PM - 5:
:D :D :D :D

FourFiftyFour
03-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Yes, but It is only OLN! Not everybody in the country gets OLN! It has to be on ESPN or The Speed Channel! So the whole country see's it. That is how the sport will get noticed.

not the uncool people like me who dont have any cable tv.........:(

trick450r
03-15-2005, 04:07 PM
i acually enjoyed the international pogo championship :huh

TM426
03-15-2005, 04:33 PM
OLN has that !!!!! I'm calling tonight.:D :D :macho :blah:

MXRACER86
03-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TM426
OLN has that !!!!! I'm calling tonight.:D :D :macho :blah:
Don't get to excited. It ain't that great.:(

TM426
03-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Does OLN show alot or face coverage or is it mostly B.S.?

dirt308
03-15-2005, 04:53 PM
I think races held on tv would greatly help our sport i've been riding for around 5 years now around here and half the people i talk to around here still ask what it is that I ride. :eek2:

MXRACER86
03-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by dirt308
I think races held on tv would greatly help our sport i've been riding for around 5 years now around here and half the people i talk to around here still ask what it is that I ride. :eek2:
Same Here! I say the word quad and they look at me like, wtf?:huh

bansheeguy77
03-15-2005, 05:06 PM
they should see that one of the best selling games of ps2 history is an atv game. atvs are higher on the food chain than ever before and espn could really benefit from venturing into the forbidden land. just like a few years back who ever watched poker? now its one of the biggest things and its on every channel. in time atvs will be just as big as the bikes and perhaps overtake them.

blue416ex
03-15-2005, 05:23 PM
iim also sick and tired of this bull**** atvs are NEVER on local cable and i hate it maybe if they played them on TV once and a while cough cough SPEED TV AND ESPN cough the people round me would see they arent bad and they are just like dirtbikes people dont call the cops on my neighbor with a dirtbike but once my quad is seen i have cops in my driveway and i also have seen a few gncc clip on SPEED but never anything longer than 10 minutes and the last one i saw was back in 2001:eek2: i wanna see it everyday !! like poker or nascar imo nascar is THE dumbestsport ever yay lets see who can drive in a circle the fastest please no flaming on that one but honestly why dont they play some awesome gncc or mx coverage i think it would be awesome but apparently at SPEED AND ESPN they think hot dog eating contests and pogo sick nationals and spellingbees are more interesting WTF?!?!?!:huh :huh :huh

cheetah
03-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Listen guys what are they gonna give up to put ATV racing on? I don't know about you guys, but I just don't see how people could live without their rock, paper, scissors championships.:rolleyes:

And yes I did see the rock, paper, scissors championships on espn2 at like 3 in the morning.:huh

blue416ex
03-15-2005, 06:00 PM
your kidding right ???:huh :confused: :huh

Joe400ex
03-15-2005, 08:52 PM
ive only seen GNCC racing on tv twice so u right a letter for my to

DeerNuts
03-15-2005, 09:07 PM
You all make decent points by saying that since "hot dog eating contests" are televised, so should quad races. The only thing is, they ARE. Yes, I get OLN and Outdoor Channel, and yes, those shows do suck. BADLY for the most part.

What we need to realize is that, right NOW, this is a niche sport. The niche is small. Therefore the air time of it will be small. And we all do realize this, we just have problems getting our opinions to matter, becuase, with a few exeptions, we dont pull weight. Now, collectively, we may, but none of us are in a position to INDIVIDUALLY matter.

People that run ESPN and Speed are going to consider one thing: will this make us richer? Thats all. They are powerful networks. However, someone made a really good point by saying that, within a few years, quad racing could mushroom. It takes someone with the proper means, or a group with the proper mindset, to accomplish anything.

I tend to think that getting quads on TV, and making it WATCHABLE, is a lot like being successful in politics--- its all about who you know and what who you know can do.

Just my .02

roostin_dale
03-15-2005, 09:09 PM
OK if this is going to be used as a petition I would just like to say a little something.

They can put mother f'n jumproping and elementary school spelling bee's on TV. They have a crowd of like 100 people max in the gym they are in. And i doubt anyone actually stops and watches it on tv.

Then we have the ATVA National MX which is pulling in 700+ entries every race now. Plus all the spectators. And i am sure all elementary school, high school, college, and grown men would like ot watch it on TV. And i know every racer that raced there would tune in to watch it. I tihnk if someone was flipping through the channels and saw quads, they would stop and watch it, its very exciting.

Hell, dirtbikes get in a single-file line after the holeshot and never change positions, how fun. Quads are passing eachother the whole race. This is so much bull that we cant get 30 minutes of TV time when bikes get at least 2 hours eveyr week!

SGA
03-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I am going to write a letter to Speed channel and ESPN about how they should Televise ATV racing!
Thats what it takes to get quads shown on ESPN! The more people that write or email, the more you will see it. Go for it!

Originally posted by duke416ex
write one for me too, I don't think they show enough of any cross country or motox, or freestyle, I rarely ever see anything on there.
And heres why you dont see it, people being lazy and not writing in about what they want to see.

SGA
03-15-2005, 10:36 PM
Only took a min to find where to send in a proposal for ESPN. Quote from the site: You can contact the ESPN Networks directly. If your question can't be answered by visiting our FAQ area, please use the form below and one of our customer service representatives will pass your comments on to the appropriate department and send you a response if one is required. We value your opinion and do appreciate your interest in the ESPN Networks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html

culookn
03-15-2005, 10:37 PM
last year speed had alomost every single gncc cross country race televised. but not this year. still ide rather watch the gnc mx series.

MXRACER86
03-16-2005, 03:57 PM
What is this world coming too!!!!

muddy400EX
03-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by culookn
last year speed had alomost every single gncc cross country race televised. but not this year. still ide rather watch the gnc mx series.

ya, last year speed had full GNCC coverage but still, they did 2 30 min. quad shows, and 2 1 hour dirtbike shows:mad:

bigvforcer
04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
I came in on this a little too late but I will speak my peace.

First of all, don't e-mail this thread to anyone because of the cussing and everything else negative said about stations and their coverage.

Second, be smart about you proposal. Back your requests with info and stats. I know there were more quads sold last year than dirt bikes, BAR NONE.

Third, I think if you could, it would be best to send live footage of the GNC MX series or whatever series you want displayed and show them what exactly these quad races are made of.

My opinion is that if more people saw quad races, MORE PEOPLE WOULD RACE!!!!!

I will stop now. I think you all had a real good thread here and I commend you all for acting on your wishes and ot just sitting back and letting dirtbikes take over the world.

WHO REALLY WANTS TO SEE RICKY CARMICHEL WIN EVERY RACE ANY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigvforcer
04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
I came in on this a little too late but I will speak my peace.

First of all, don't e-mail this thread to anyone because of the cussing and everything else negative said about stations and their coverage.

Second, be smart about you proposal. Back your requests with info and stats. I know there were more quads sold last year than dirt bikes, BAR NONE.

Third, I think if you could, it would be best to send live footage of the GNC MX series or whatever series you want displayed and show them what exactly these quad races are made of.

My opinion is that if more people saw quad races, MORE PEOPLE WOULD RACE!!!!!

I will stop now. I think you all had a real good thread here and I commend you all for acting on your wishes and ot just sitting back and letting dirtbikes take over the world.

WHO REALLY WANTS TO SEE RICKY CARMICHEL WIN EVERY RACE ANY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!