PDA

View Full Version : what are the prices on the cannondales?

bigbadbrad
05-08-2002, 02:45 PM
what are the prices on the speed and canibal. they seem like good quads and there are none where ilive and i would like to be different. I would sell my 300 to get it. does any one know if there is any cannondale dealers in maine or new hampshire cause i dont want to drive 12 hrs to connecut to get one. probbally wont be able to get one but just wondering cause it would be sweet.:D and is there any dealers in atlantic canada or quebec?
and p.s seeping crapfish dont even bother to post on this thread i dont need u wasting my time

05-08-2002, 08:47 PM
6500 cash from nacs racing, i dunno why u would want one...ive heard problems with them but all the dealers deny it, u could get a 400ex and have about 1500 left buy a 440 kit and front shocks and its just as good and its a honda.......catfishes story about his frame is not the first i heard like that ....i came after he did w/e so i dont know if hes bsing or not

Guy400
05-09-2002, 04:32 AM
The wealth of MISinformation never ceases to amaze me. It must be a great big conspiracy about the Cannondale frames. The dealers deny a problem, Cannondale themselves deny the problem and no true owners have problems. The only one's that seem to have had any problems are Catfish (BTW, did you know that he was at his dealers a while ago looking for engine rail bolts? Think loose or missing bolts has anything to do with a broken frame piece?) and others who have 'friends' with problems. Where is your other source that has heard about frame problems? Let me guess, it's an internet chat person who's as Honda biased as you are. NOBODY on any other website or email group has had a problem with a Cannondale frame breaking. I find it odd that all pro MX'ers ride aftermarket frames except the Cannondale riders. Think that's cause Cdale frames suck?

Also, your theory of cost doesn't hold much water either. So you spend $1500 and buy a 440 kit and front shocks. All Cdale owners have to buy is a $200 silencer and a free remap and they're far on top of your 440 plus they're already riding on Ohlins shocks. Not only that but you can buy refurbed FX400's that are titled as 2002 Cannibal's with full factory warranties for $5000. Oops, now what?

MOFO
05-09-2002, 05:24 AM
Well said Guy. I'm getting sick of this Honda bias myself.....and I own one!

Eric

JBBSPEED
05-09-2002, 08:23 AM
bigbadbrad... If you want to know if there is a dealer in you area go to this site.
http://www.cannondale.com/motorsports/
This is the main Cannondale site from there you can find out the closes dealer to you.

If you do not have a dealer near I would recommend you check out these guys.
http://rsperformance.net/
They will give you go price probably better then a local dealer. They will send it to you on a OverNite truck.
Plus these guys have more aftermarket stuff then anyone else.
Good luck and oh bye the way there is no frame problem with the Cdale. This is a bunch of crap started by people who most be fear that Honda maybe in trouble. The thing is Honda still makes a good quad so they are not going anywhere but neither is Cannondale so lets stop with the lie's people. And yes I do me lie's.

Oh nacs is a good plcae to check out too.
http://WWW.NACSRACING.COM/

JustRace
05-09-2002, 11:25 AM
Guy you are 100% right. Some times the quote in my sig applies to more people than it should.

05-09-2002, 01:27 PM
. . . . . . . . . too much!

PDunes300ex
05-09-2002, 01:42 PM
There are people out there where money is not a huge issue and they are entitled to purchase whatever quad they want. If you have the money to buy a Cannondale...you probably have the money to maintain it. Thus if money is no issue the Cannondale is the perfect racer straight out of the box...and that is something to be admired. I don't buy into the whole...buy a 400ex and spend an extra $1500 just to try and keep up with a stock Cannondale. Cannondale may have some problems but for the amount of technology that goes into them and the speed and handling they produce i am very envious of their owners. Don't worry about being the fastest...just concentrate on having the most fun on whatever bike you want.
nuf said.

dawzie
05-09-2002, 01:58 PM
We started racing a stock 400 three season's ago in novice. We are now expert and about $25,000, yes $25,000 invested into this ONE quad.

We are supposed to get our Walsh Cannibal tomorrow!! Yeah, it's used, it's the one he raced last winter, but now its OURS ---- $6800 !!

Quad "racing" is NOT a poor mans sport. If your funding is limited buy a bike.

I have also "heard" of broken C-dale frames. Come to find out everyone of them were riden WITHOUT frame bolts in place!!

Want to see a pile of stock 400 frames that are all broke, let me know.

A safe ride'n season to all

AlaskaSpeed
05-09-2002, 07:55 PM
The guys that replied to this with the intention of getting it across to everyone that ATVing is about the sport itself and NOT the brand of quad are to be commended.
Why should I or anyone else for that matter care about what brand of quad someone rides? Do I care if someones frame cracked? Does their frame cracking from lack of bolts and simple maintenance mean my frame will crack? Does 1000 400EX frames with top shock bolt mounts broken or broke swingmarms mean that another 400ex rider's going to have the same trouble? I think you get my point.
****, If I want to strap a rocket to my *** and fly around the MX track, what does it matter to anyone else? I think a lot of people that haven't got a clue about life need to take a step back and see that we are all in this together....ATVers. JIM

05-09-2002, 08:15 PM
:rolleyes: .........yawn

biased, i own a suzuki, ill buy a kawasaki or suzuki before canondale,my frames never cracked and my engine bolts have never fallen out, canondale may be faster and handle better but honda is a name u can depend on

canondale:rolleyes: what ever happened to the gas gas gnu?

AlaskaSpeed
05-09-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by freeridin400ex
6500 cash from nacs racing, i dunno why u would want one...ive heard problems with them but all the dealers deny it, u could get a 400ex and have about 1500 left buy a 440 kit and front shocks and its just as good and its a honda.......catfishes story about his frame is not the first i heard like that ....i came after he did w/e so i dont know if hes bsing or not

Just look at your uninformed, unsubstantiated posts....you aren't biassed, just not that bright.......JIM

JustRace
05-09-2002, 09:23 PM
Cannondale is a awesome company. One reason I like it is because it is 100% american made and all of the profits stay in this country.

Castor-426ex
05-09-2002, 09:54 PM
Jim I love Cannondales, but if you still wanna try that rocket on your *** thing...I know a track nearby,...I can get some Alcohol for fuel...and we can make a few bucks.....Note: Bring extra pair of undies:D

JustRace
05-09-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Castor-400ex
Jim I love Cannondales, but if you still wanna try that rocket on your *** thing...I know a track nearby,...I can get some Alcohol for fuel...and we can make a few bucks.....Note: Bring extra pair of undies:D

LMAO

AlaskaSpeed
05-10-2002, 06:08 AM
okay, but I'm NOT wearing a cape! JIM :D

Castor-426ex
05-10-2002, 10:40 AM
awe ok but bring the circus midget ok?

bigbadbrad
05-10-2002, 02:11 PM
to pdunes300ex
money is a big issue for me. i was just wandering and dreaming. i i do get a new quad any time soon(not for at least 2 years until i get a truck) it would probaly be 400ex or a quad sport 400. there are no canondale dealers close to me anyways so it would be a pain in the butt to get it updated every few months. i just wanted to now cuz it was not on the cannondale site. i was just thinking about the prices because in dirt wheels it had said the fx400 was something like $8000.
every one else thanks for the info as i said i probaly will just get a 400ex or probally the white quadsport 400 cuz it has reverse and that helps alot in the woods and on the trails:D thanks again every one

JBBSPEED
05-10-2002, 07:02 PM
There is nothing wrong with getting a 400ex I am sure you would very happy. The z400 we will just have wait and see.

For the guy who said he would own a Suz or kawi but you cant beat a Honda. All I can say you are right about Honda reliability but I must ask you a question. What is in the back of every Honda dealer? A repair shop that stays in business!

Look I like Honda they make great quads but They do not make yet a quad race ready like Cannondale does. It is all in what you need or want or how much money you have to spend. Some people may just want a really good trail quad, then I would say get a 400ex but, for the guy who wants to race MX or Cross Country (GNCC) then I would tell them to get the MOTO or Blaze. Yes, you can make a 400ex just as fast with all those aftermarket parts but if you think $1500 into a 400ex will get a Blaze or Moto then you must not know much about the Blaze/Moto or you do not know the cost of serious upgrades. In the end you will spend just as much if not more then me and if you think not then ask some people like my good friends who have $11000 in there 400ex's that they race in the GNCC.

05-10-2002, 07:47 PM
your right but i stand by my jap crap

400exRider12345
05-13-2002, 09:32 PM
THIS WAS POSTED BEFORE I HAD A QUESTION ON IT:
Also, your theory of cost doesn't hold much water either. So you spend $1500 and buy a 440 kit and front shocks. All Cdale owners have to buy is a $200 silencer and a free remap and they're far on top of your 440 plus they're already riding on Ohlins shocks. Not only that but you can buy refurbed FX400's that are titled as 2002 Cannibal's with full factory warranties for $5000. Oops, now what?

hey,
I am looking to get a cannondale in july. I would love a cannibal. Can i pleas ehave more info on these refurbished fx's that are labeled cannibals? Also, will they still be around for 5 grand in july? please let me know, I am really really interrested. Any imnformation would be great. Thanks a lot

Sleeping Catfish
05-14-2002, 02:19 PM
the refurbs should be running out about now...

05-14-2002, 09:26 PM
i read in dirtwheels only the earlier caninbals shipped out had ohlins and holeshots but i dunno if its true it said the other ones coem wit ryde fx and radials

JBBSPEED
05-15-2002, 04:26 AM
That is true, the Cannibale does not come with Ohlines front shocks any more. That is one of the defrences between it and the Speed. They are still good shocks though, I would say like stock 400ex one's.