PDA

View Full Version : the new ac pro pegs

450rboy
03-15-2005, 08:08 AM
has anyone got a new pear of the new ac nerf bars pro pegs. the heel guard is moved back two inchs and one down. i was just woundering if anyone got them and if they liked them a lot more than the ones thats people's heel's kepted on hitting the heel guard and bothering them.

TWISTED
03-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Just hope they bolt up better than the old stuff. Junk as far as I'm concerned!!!

450 Racer R
03-15-2005, 05:35 PM
I have the old ones, and mine went on fine. Where can I find info on the new style?

03-15-2005, 06:22 PM
i have them...as u can c in the picture...or not see that is...lol

Jersey450R
03-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Just hope they bolt up better than the old stuff. Junk as far as I'm concerned!!!
i'll second that.

jeepnrocks
03-17-2005, 09:35 AM
i'll never own another ac pro peg again!! nothing like drilling into your brand new nerf bars to get them to line up. then when you get them to finally line up they look like ***** where they come together. looks really nice on a brand new 6500 dollar quad. im also a big fan of always having to tighten them up every other ride. mmm awesome. nice q.c.

Bling
03-17-2005, 02:34 PM
I've got the older ones too. These things are about 4 months old and rattle like mad. No matter how tight I wrench them down same thing. They were already on the bike so I can't ***** too much, but the rattle is getting to me...:mad:

roughrider01
03-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Bling
I've got the older ones too. These things are about 4 months old and rattle like mad. No matter how tight I wrench them down same thing. They were already on the bike so I can't ***** too much, but the rattle is getting to me...:mad:

Find out where its rattling and put some tap or rubber on the inside or wherever it is. Theres always a way to fix a vibration.

TWISTED
03-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by roughrider01
Find out where its rattling and put some tap or rubber on the inside or wherever it is. Theres always a way to fix a vibration.

Yeah there is...... Try another brand!!!!

03-18-2005, 09:24 AM
ive never had a problem with AC fitting or nething like that, i only had 1 problem with them at 1 time, i was missing 1 slot to hold the nets on for my pro pegs, but thats ok now, other then that, never had a problem

450 Racer R
03-18-2005, 04:23 PM
I know three people, including myself, that have the AC Propegs. They fit perfect. The hardest part of the install was threading the nets through.

trxHRC450r
03-18-2005, 06:20 PM
i bought em and they took me a couple hours to put in, i had to drill out a motor mount and slide the bolt through and put a nut on the other side

TWISTED
03-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by trxHRC450r
i bought em and they took me a couple hours to put in, i had to drill out a motor mount and slide the bolt through and put a nut on the other side

That's what I'm talking about!!!! I even called AC about them....What a waste of time that was!!! Piss poor customer service and a sh#tty product!!!

WOracing
03-20-2005, 10:20 AM
everyone here is right i dont like AC nerfs anymore...im looking into gibson for my next set

HP1
03-21-2005, 09:04 AM
Will 22" rears still fit with the new style? ...Seems like they might not with the heelgaurds 2" back.

I only use the 22" rears when it gets really sloppy, but it is nice to have the option for GNCC racing.

I've had no major trouble with my old style AC propegs. Check them all out in person and get what you like... there are lots of good ones out there now.

It should be pretty common knowledge that you need to wrap some tape on the mounts of any nerfs that use propeg style mounts(not just AC's) or they will rattle like crazy. (might not pass the 102dB sound testing at a GNCC with them rattling...they can rattle louder than most exausts)

03-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by HP1
Will 22" rears still fit with the new style? ...Seems like they might not with the heelgaurds 2" back.

I only use the 22" rears when it gets really sloppy, but it is nice to have the option for GNCC racing.

I've had no major trouble with my old style AC propegs. Check them all out in person and get what you like... there are lots of good ones out there now.

It should be pretty common knowledge that you need to wrap some tape on the mounts of any nerfs that use propeg style mounts(not just AC's) or they will rattle like crazy. (might not pass the 102dB sound testing at a GNCC with them rattling...they can rattle louder than most exausts)

yes they will still fit with 22'' rear tires

86atc250r
03-21-2005, 11:13 AM
It should be pretty common knowledge that you need to wrap some tape on the mounts of any nerfs that use propeg style mounts(not just AC's) or they will rattle like crazy.

Been there, done that - didn't fix it.

These nerfs rattle horribly- I'm going to drill some more bolt holes in the peg portion toward the outside and see if I can get them firmed up some - if not, it's off to eBay with them.....

catch22blaster
03-21-2005, 11:36 AM
nice looking quad even when it is muddy :eek2: