PDA

View Full Version : Any trails around Charleston, Illinois?

HondaChris
03-15-2005, 08:01 AM
A friend of mine's brother goes to Eastern Illinois. They said it looked like great riding ground down there if they knew where any trail spots were. Are there any state or private owned trails/riding areas close to there? If so, we might plan a trip down there when they go to visit him/go to one of his games.

throttlejunkie4
03-18-2005, 01:10 AM
yea there is a track and trails in casey not to far from there .its not to bad and also there is the badlands which is about less than 2hrs from there and also theres taylorville . but casey is the closest to charelston .

HondaChris
03-18-2005, 07:44 PM
I knew about the badlands, been there a few times riding. Are the trails in Casey a private owned operation, or are they a state run deal? I dont know how Il runs it, if they had DNR trails or what. What are the trails like there, hills, mud, sandy, etc?

throttlejunkie4
03-19-2005, 11:28 PM
its public land u just pay a small fee for the day . the lil hills and mudd its not to bad . its been a while since we have been back there cause we usually stay on the track but i think i

throttlejunkie4
03-19-2005, 11:34 PM
its public land u just pay a small fee for the day . there lil hills and mudd its not to bad . its been a while since we have been back there cause we usually stay on the track but i think in 2 weeks we will be going bck so il let u know . if u going for trails and looking for steep hills than i would recommend going to the badlands . btw ther is no dnr trails around here .

HondaChris
03-22-2005, 08:07 AM
What is the name of the place? How big is it? Does this place have a website I could check it out on, or anyting? How far is Casey from Charleston?

markk
03-22-2005, 10:41 AM
www.ltmoffroad.com Lincoln Trails Motosports

MY understanding is that its 60$ to get a year pass at LTM, They have the best Hare Scramble Course i have ran in Illinois, and the Comp is stiff.

But the trails range from really tight, to kinda wide open. They have hills, a National MX track, the creek beds have alot of sand in them, and they have a grass track. U could have a good time ridding there, and I beleive its the closest place to you to ride!
I think its only 20 min from Charlston.

We have a few spots down here we try to ride, but it seems like more and more people show up, and tear up the areas, Untill the owners dont allow anyone to ride.

Jwarren879
03-25-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm at Eastern but haven't had a chance to ride anywhere around here yet, except the Badlands. If you do go to Casey let me know how the trails are. If they are decent, maybe I can justify bringing my quad up here.

OldYellow
03-27-2005, 09:23 PM
I am also at eastern and was wanting to go to casey and ride. I am having trouble finding good trails to ride at. If anyone wants to organize a ride, i am game.

Jwarren879
03-28-2005, 11:05 AM
cool, I didn't think there was anyone else from EIU on here. Do you have your quad here with you? I'm definately up for some riding, if the trails at Casey (or where ever else around here) are worth it. Send me a PM sometime if you want to go riding and I'll see how soon I can get my bike up here.

--Josh

OldYellow
03-28-2005, 11:19 AM
Ya i have my bike with me. My parents place is only an hour away, so if it isnt at eiu, it is very easy to get to. We for sure need to get together and find some trails up that way.

Jwarren879
03-28-2005, 11:24 AM
My bike is back home (St. Louis area) so I would have to make the two hour trip to get it and then drive it back home once I'm done riding because I don't want to just leave it in the back of my truck. I don't have class on Thursdays so if you ever want to check the trails out, just let me know early in the week and I can make a trip home to get it. My EIU number is 2881 if you want to try and setup a ride sometime.

wardmx
04-02-2005, 10:31 AM
www.amadistrict17.com has alot of places to race/ride.