PDA

View Full Version : Bought my bike last night...looking for some skins

300exDust
03-15-2005, 07:51 AM
As you can see, I just bought my bike last night. Was out till bout midnight wheel'n across my front and back yards. I love it!!!!! Considering I hada Yahmaha 250 Timberwolf b4!:ermm: Oh well, it taught me alot and I'm doing good so far with the 300ex.

I'd like to get a sweet skin on there to bring it more to life. If possible could anyone please post some pics with maybe some prices????

Thanks guys!

300ex73
03-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Are you referring to the plastics, or the graphics? If it's the graphics, then I'd have to say that so far my fav for the 300 would prolly have to be the Factory Effex graphics.

300exDust
03-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the reply man, but I'm nota fan of the graphics.... looks boring.

DeerNuts
03-15-2005, 11:10 AM
I think u can get Skin skins:D .
On my old 400 (yellow) I had One Industries. they were alright i guess.

hey, not for anything, but how come u bought a brand-new 300ex when u coulda got an almost-new 400ex for the same price???:confused: Are u not big enough or what. How much did u get it for?
Im not degrading the 300ex, its a nice-handling little bike.
Have fun with it man, thats all that matters.

300exDust
03-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Well honestly, I haven't riden in probably 4 years or so. Pl;us Ill be doing a lot of trail riden and small jumps some wheelies. The 400 as I was told is heavier and harder to move fast on the trails. I did great last night though. The talent came back better than when I was 15. Maybe I'll look into trade'n in fora 400 if I think I need to but so far the 300 is great. It's strong and fast. Doesn't look as slick as the 400, but it's still sweet. At the same time money is an issue and the 400 was a little more than a G more than the 300. With the extended warranty and all it came to 55 hundred. Also, I hada Suzuki credit card from when I was buying my GSXR6, that fell through. So I was sitting there witha credit card witha 8G limit and was like," if I can't get a crotch rocket I'll get a quad!!!" So, waited for pops to go outta town, went to Extreme Honda and bought a 300ex.....???

I am big enough for the 400, just 300 was a drug of choice I guess?

P.S. - Dad'll be home on Friday.... Oh well, can't take it back now

400EXracer74
03-15-2005, 12:17 PM
dont go out and make your quad look better first. go spend the hundred or so dollars youd spend on graphix on sometype of performance mod. save a little more and get a pipe or something. performance before looks. i dont have any graphix on my 400 i even took off the stocks and it looks fine. maybe ill get some type of graphix kit when i got money and nuthing else to spedn it on but im sure as hell not gonna buy one anytime soon.

300exDust
03-15-2005, 12:33 PM
You're absolutely right man, it'd be awesome to trick it out first. I just wanted to put something on it to make it look better. The thing is, I don't know what to get other than you know.... K&N air filter, Pipes (No clue what kind that doens't costa ton but are good). I honestly don't know all that much about the bike it's self. But I can ride pretty good. Like I said up there^^^ I've been out of it fora while but I came back twice as good as I used to be.

Maybe some help on some simple mods that don't cost all too too much???

jvd182
03-15-2005, 12:46 PM
bumber, nerfs, handlebars, hand gaurds, hmf pipe, uni air filter(i have a k@n but i think i wish i got a uni)

300ex73
03-15-2005, 12:59 PM
If you're wanting to spend the money for a pipe, do it right the first time and buy a full system. Hell the Sparks X-4 only costs $350 and is prolly the best system for the 300's. UNI filter or K&N, that's your choice. Don't forget the jetting kit. You might also consider getting a set of 20 inch radials and maybe a 36 tooth rear sprocket. The tires will give you a little better handling, and the sprocket will correct the gearing for the smaller tire. Those are just some of the first things I'd do.

300exDust
03-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Ok, I just called about the X-4, they won't have any to ship until next week. Looks like it mighta be a little while.... no big deal. Now I just get to practice up until I get a good exhaust and actualy have people look at me. Thats the bad thing bout the loud exhaust ya know? Everyone can hear you so most will look. Which I love the attention but when theres an accident not too many people miss them ya know?

Well hey guys it was nice BS'n with yinz today but I've been at work all day at my desk messing around on this and haven't done jack. LOL I love salary jobs!!!

I'm going home to practice, talk to yinz tomorrow.

thanks for the help

stonerider250x
03-15-2005, 02:12 PM
i didnt know much bout quads when i got my 250 either man but i started readin posts on here and reading atvsport and learned alot. anytime u need some help there are quite a few people on here that know alot about 300ex including me. and congrats on ur new purchase:cool:

MxGiRrL42
03-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Here's my Skin Industries graphics kit- I love it!! I hate the look of all the other kits made for a 300.