PDA

View Full Version : Helmet cam, snowmobile crash

86350x
03-14-2005, 10:37 PM
http://www.dootalk.net/gallery/albums/album1119/sled_wreck.mpg

I've had a few close calls with people on revs banking the turns. I probrably would have over-reacted and jumped off swinging. I hope that this doesn't happen to me this weekend:ermm:

Man i'd be pissed!

Mxjunkie
03-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Haha.. I like how he flicked his visor up, I wouldnt be a happy camper if that happened to me thats for sure! :p

ny300exrider
03-15-2005, 01:17 PM
cant stand idiots like that he was on the complete wrong side on a blind turn

86350x
03-15-2005, 08:47 PM
http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL913/458314/559483/89001861.jpg

This is the damage to the ski-doo:(

Mxjunkie
03-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Dang! It didnt look like they hit that hard, maybe sleds should look into bumpers lol

ny300exrider
03-16-2005, 04:42 AM
holy crap that sled is pretty crunched up. do sleds usually give in that easily? also its hard to tell by the vid but around how fast were they going. if you knew the guy did he ever settle anything with the guy riding the xc?

Trevor
03-16-2005, 08:15 AM
That sucks did he try to blame it on you? Is he going to pay to fix your sled?

300ex13
03-16-2005, 12:20 PM
that sucks....it looks like the guy w/out the cam was to blame but i can't tell

HiperEX
03-16-2005, 05:47 PM
yeah that sucks i hate when ppl ride on your side of the trail came close this winter for me , id make that guy pay for that damage

LazeR
03-16-2005, 08:06 PM
ouch, i definately wouldn't be to terribly thrilled.

2 summers ago on the dunes i was starting on this trail, and i heard ppl coming, so i pulled over to the side a lil bit and stopped....this kid not paying attention or looking or anything just NAILS me, screwed up my bumper, his dad looks at me and goes "Theres nothing i can do about it" "Its an o well situtation"

redlineranger
03-16-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by LazeR
ouch, i definately wouldn't be to terribly thrilled.

2 summers ago on the dunes i was starting on this trail, and i heard ppl coming, so i pulled over to the side a lil bit and stopped....this kid not paying attention or looking or anything just NAILS me, screwed up my bumper, his dad looks at me and goes "Theres nothing i can do about it" "Its an o well situtation"

yea more like tellin him your gone pay for it or u'll have a foot in your ***:devil:

Quad18star
03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Well the guy on the Polaris is deffinately to blame on that one . He should be sticking to his side of the trail . It's a good thing they weren't going any faster ( looks like they were doing maybe 30 MPH ) .... cuz that could have been a VERY UGLY situation . Trust me ... I've seen what happens when sleds collide at high rates of speed , or when someone tries to avoid a collision and winds up around a tree . It ain't a pretty sight to see when you gotta call in the medics and tellem to bring body bags . :ermm: I know cuz I've been there when 2 really good friends collided with eachother and both didn't survive . There's more stories but it just brings back flashbacks of how nasty/disgusting wrecks on sleds can be . :(

Looks like the Polaris broke a few things in his left ski area by the way it's bent in a lot . Tie rod , maybe a control arm .... that all adds up to one thing ... BIG MONEY to fix .