PDA

View Full Version : First XC race Taylorville, IL

TM426
03-14-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey, my first race is sunday at taylorville. How is the track there? I did a search and didnt come up with too much.

dirtriderex
03-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Tom, What do you mean, "How is there":confused:

Rdogg450
03-14-2005, 09:00 PM
It's a river bottom so depending on the rain lately it can be very muddy. A couple rocky areas and alot of open spots also. A pretty good mixture actually.:D

Johnny & Monica
03-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Is it this weekend?

TM426
03-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
Tom, What do you mean, "How is there":confused:

Ha thanks Ryan. I meant hows the track there.:D

yfz450xc
03-15-2005, 05:38 AM
This sunday w/ pee wee atv's at 12.30 will confirm this for sure, course is WIDE but if it rains it's all river bottom like RDdog said muddy isn't the word to describe it.But wide!!!:D
www.southforkdirtriders.com

400exmom
03-19-2005, 03:25 PM
see everyone tommorow!!:)

powerstroke
03-19-2005, 03:30 PM
scott-- you gonna race taylorville? good luck if you do! I think Me and hicks are gonna go over to BET( cant blame me- its only 10 minutes from my house:D ) EXMOM havent seen you around in a while! how ya been? gonna make it to any missouri races this year? Matt

watts16
03-19-2005, 03:31 PM
is it a D 17 race?

400exmom
03-19-2005, 03:37 PM
exracer~ yes its d-17

matt race season has begun so ill be on here alot more checking out the action~ im passing on the MO races but i will be racing the kahoka mo. 6 hour race~ im sure ill see you at the track sooner or later~:)

03-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Taylorville Sucks! There aren't any hills and it's either Way too dusty or you need a 4 wheel drive to even finish. If there are any MX racers out there http://www.hensonsmotorcross.com is having a race tomorrow in Virginia, IL. I will be there and pretty much everyone racing is a quad rider.

markk
03-20-2005, 12:26 AM
Taylorville is a good/fast Course. It could get u hurt really easy if your riding above your head. But when it start to rain 22's are a great investment there. I ran there Season opener last year (the mudbog h.S.) and i cam home with a 1st in b-class, and i beleive 1st overall.

The thing u really need to look for at Taylorville is RUTs, U can come up on an area that is about high 3rd threw low5th gear section, and All the sudden there will be BIG OL 4x4 ruts!

Good course to learn on, Just not real technical. I think im gona go to either BET, or Taylorville tommarow and watch some people run. I wish i could be there, But im gona save my $$ and see when i can make the next GNCC

Also could somone PM me the MHSC series races, they look awsome!!

GNCCracr
03-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Raced Taylorville for the first time today. It was dusty as someone said, ( I ate alot, since the quad didnt fire right away. And I was last off the start) but was a VERY fast fun track. Worked my way thru the dust and riders, and got a first overall. One thing i did like very much, was that they ran the quads two hours.

yfz450xc
03-21-2005, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by powerstroke
scott-- you gonna race taylorville? good luck if you do! I think Me and hicks are gonna go over to BET( cant blame me- its only 10 minutes from my house:D ) EXMOM havent seen you around in a while! how ya been? gonna make it to any missouri races this year? Matt

I didnt run it but we took the boy up to run the youth class , were going to have him do all of thier youth classes this year and it's just to hard for both of us to run there w/ me runninng all of Missouri's, boy did good he finished and was happy cant ask for any more than that.:D see ya at Kahoka :D

markk
03-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by yfz450xc
I didnt run it but we took the boy up to run the youth class , were going to have him do all of thier youth classes this year and it's just to hard for both of us to run there w/ me runninng all of Missouri's, boy did good he finished and was happy cant ask for any more than that.:D see ya at Kahoka :D

What was your boy riding?? I went there to watch, It was the first time ever i have sceen a youth race, Its just as good as watching us run!!!!!

markk
03-21-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by GNCCracr
Raced Taylorville for the first time today. It was dusty as someone said, ( I ate alot, since the quad didnt fire right away. And I was last off the start) but was a VERY fast fun track. Worked my way thru the dust and riders, and got a first overall. One thing i did like very much, was that they ran the quads two hours.

U where haulin!!!!

I was sitting about 1/2 mile into the course after the Holeshot, and U only had a few quads behind you. And within a few laps u had worked your way past Brian, and battling with 1st, Then the next thing i know u came threw and Jeff was a little ways behind you. U have really picked it up ALOT since the start of last year, I guess the YFZ is what u have been needing!

Did Brian find out y his chain came off 2 times in a row??

dirtriderex
03-21-2005, 09:03 PM
did he beat Jeff Breast?

yfz450xc
03-22-2005, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by markk
What was your boy riding?? I went there to watch, It was the first time ever i have sceen a youth race, Its just as good as watching us run!!!!!

He was on the red 50 suzuki he got a little scared by the off cambers this time but taylorville does a good youth race we went to 3 of them last year on the other side of the park and it is nicer over there.Our Missourri series holds a couple youth races also along w/ our splinter creek race in alton Illinois.

03-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Where is that Splinter creek track located? Do they have a web site? Thanks

yfz450xc
03-22-2005, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by ab****
Where is that Splinter creek track located? Do they have a web site? Thanks

www.splintercreek.com, september 12th long way off i know but worth the trip. Located in fosterburg Ill outside of brighton Ill.
Thanks Scott

markk
03-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
did he beat Jeff Breast?

Jeff was running in 1st for a long time, and one lap Darrel came threw in 1st with Jeff not far behind him, THen the next lap Jeff was back infront, Then the next lap Darrel started to walk away with it, little by little, Jeff came in with a strong 2nd. Curt Demay made that blaster FLY! ( Curt u gona run sport class??:D )

1fastprototype
03-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Darrel is running strong this year congrats goes out to him. I did take the lead back over but got cut off by a lapped rider and my front tire went up over his axle and it took a couple min utes to get un hooked. We were really have fun up until that point puttin down a fast pace.

markk
03-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Jeff the sound of your quad really stands out from all the others at Taylorville, And so does Matt Butlers, Brians old Z!

Im guessing it's just the way u-2 where riding, Do u know who placed 3rd-5th overall??

1fastprototype
03-23-2005, 05:31 AM
The guy that won the B class got third overall, we lapped second place in the A class. It is hard to tell cuase it was like ten minutes before anyone else came in and it was all lapped riders.

shaff107
03-23-2005, 06:58 AM
sounds like i should have came down there and raced. O well i went to a different district lol .... jeff what are u doing this weekend? maybe we can head to attica ... i wanted to go to casey but with the rain that might be a little much for there ... but i would really like to go to casey this weekend if u want. i need the extra ride time.

1fastprototype
03-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Sorry no can do, I'm headed North this weekend to play in the snow. Brian got his new sled and wants to try it out.