PDA

View Full Version : maier plastic question

watts16
03-14-2005, 08:05 PM
i just got some new front fenders for my 300ex off ebay
but the guy didnt send the hardware and i called him today and said he lost the hardware.

is there anyplace where i can buy the mounting kit for my plastic

they are the full fender (not race cut) my dad is going to call maier tomorrow and see if we can buy just the mounting hardware

thanks
greg

jiggaman2401
03-14-2005, 08:15 PM
Do you have your stock hardware? I would think the stock brackets would work.. IF not maybe try calling maier?

watts16
03-14-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by jiggaman2401
Do you have your stock hardware? I would think the stock brackets would work.. IF not maybe try calling maier?

yeah the stock hardware doesnt line up.
my dad is called them tomorrow tosee if we can buy the hardware

jiggaman2401
03-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Good luck hope it works out!

300ex73
03-15-2005, 07:18 AM
I bought new plastic for mine not that long ago. Basically the only hardware that comes with the plastic is the bolts. The front fender brace may require a little tweaking, I know mine did. But seriously, even when you order new plastic from Maier, the only thing that's included is the bolts and some washers.

watts16
03-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 300ex73
I bought new plastic for mine not that long ago. Basically the only hardware that comes with the plastic is the bolts. The front fender brace may require a little tweaking, I know mine did. But seriously, even when you order new plastic from Maier, the only thing that's included is the bolts and some washers.

do you have a pic of how your plastic is mounted?

thanks

greg

300ex73
03-16-2005, 06:45 AM
Don't have a pic, but I can say that on the stock support bracket, there's like a couple of pieces that like stick up and cause the fender to not rest perfectly. I just hacked them off. They kinda stick out to the front and up. They can cause the actual fender supports to not line up.

Here's about the easiest way to show you.
The blue circles are the actual supports for the fender.
The yellow circles are the bushings where the bracket bolts to the frame.
The red is where you will need to cut.
After you do this, you may need to use some pressure to get the holes to line up, but it should work. This is pretty much exactly how I got mine to fit.

watts16
03-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by 300ex73
Don't have a pic, but I can say that on the stock support bracket, there's like a couple of pieces that like stick up and cause the fender to not rest perfectly. I just hacked them off. They kinda stick out to the front and up. They can cause the actual fender supports to not line up.

Here's about the easiest way to show you.
The blue circles are the actual supports for the fender.
The yellow circles are the bushings where the bracket bolts to the frame.
The red is where you will need to cut.
After you do this, you may need to use some pressure to get the holes to line up, but it should work. This is pretty much exactly how I got mine to fit.

ok thanks so i just drill through the fender support and use a nut and bolt and hack off the old mounts?

300ex73
03-17-2005, 05:34 AM
Shouldn't need to do any drilling. At least I know I didn't have to. The places on the pic that I circled in blue should already have holes in them for the fenders.