PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wont start

EX Flash
03-14-2005, 06:50 PM
It cranks over but it dont start......... I tried to bump start it but that didn`t work either. It`s been sitting for about 5-6 months as of now. Before the big sit it started up right away, then I went to start it again a few weeks after that...... It started right up and ran for only a few seconds then stalled. It hasn`t started since .... I thought it might be the starter or the relay cause when I try to start it it make a funny noise. Soon as I put a charger on it, it don`t make that noise(guess not enough juice in the battery). It just cranks and cranks and cranks. I hear it put every so often but don`t kick over. I`m gonna try the sparkplug tomorrow.......

You guys have anyother ideas????

Thanks... :confused:

Bill Fuller
03-14-2005, 06:51 PM
Change gas and plug.Prob need to clean the carb as well.

gdkarma
03-14-2005, 06:59 PM
I did the same thing with mine last weekend. Started right up like every other time, then died 30 seconds later. After many attempts, I checked for spark. Ended up being a dead plug, and damn thing fired right up when I threw in a new one!

<DRS>GPF
03-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
Change gas and plug.Prob need to clean the carb as well.

agreed... as long as the plug is getting wet..

little ether in the air box and viola!! (kidding..)

ZQ8Dude
03-15-2005, 12:39 AM
off topic: EX flash- love the colorado, great trucks. im so happy with mine

how old is the gas? when was the last time it actually ran? i found that mine didnt like to start after i had not started it for a month or 2. and usually needed to crank it for awhile and prime it once or twice to get it to start for a few seconds. and after 5 minutes of trying it would finally come to life.

murrays400ex
03-15-2005, 07:18 AM
you probly have gas in your tank so put in some dry gas

EX Flash
03-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Well it did end up being the plug..........

I took it out and it was fouled. I didn`t have a new one on hand so i cleaned it up, re-gapped it and put it back in ....... started right up! :)

Thanx for the replies guys!!!!!!

ZQ8 Dude,

Yeah love my Colorado too, great truck

sportraxkid
03-15-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by murrays400ex
you probly have gas in your tank so put in some dry gas

WTF?:huh

Joe400ex
03-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
WTF?:huh