PDA

View Full Version : NCAA March Madness

zephead400ex
03-14-2005, 12:24 PM
The best time of the year is finally here! I think the way the bracket was laid out and a few teams who made it in is a bunch of crap, but I guess that's why I'm not on the selection comittee!. Hell, it seems as though the tourney started last week with all the upsets and tight games played during Championship week!

I think we are going to see a lot of upset this year! Who does everyone have going all the way?

Here is a link to download a bracket.
http://s.a.cnn.net/si/2005/basketball/ncaa/specials/ncaa_tourney/2005/05_ncaa_mensbracket.pdf

tclapp
03-14-2005, 12:28 PM
my final 4
Illinios
North Carolina
Syracuse
Wake

Final 2
Illini
North Carolina

Carolina Winners

DeerNuts
03-14-2005, 12:39 PM
I couldnt care less about it. Well, maybe thats cuz Penn state or any other pennsylvania school isnt worth cheering for. Oh wait, i almost forgot, there IS NO Pa school in the tourney:p

at least i dont think so. :confused:

everybodys gonna pick Illinois of course to be in the final four. and most'll pic them to win it

03-14-2005, 12:56 PM
I hope SIU goes to the sweet 16 again

zephead400ex
03-14-2005, 01:11 PM
SIU won't make it past OSU...:D

Wichita State got screwed out of the tourney! How in the hell did Northern Iowa make it in? WSU had a higher RPI, finished higher in the MVC during regular season, and went further in the MVC Conference tourney...oh well, either team will/would have gotten beat by Wisconsin.

I'm a huge Duke fan, and really like KU...and I hate UNC...but I have a feeling we'll see the "Heels" Tar everyone:(

You've gotta like Illinois and the class that Weber's team has shown this year, especially with his mother passing away a few days ago.

Cdaleracer
03-14-2005, 01:12 PM
DUKE all the way!!!!!

zephead400ex
03-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Cdaleracer
DUKE all the way!!!!!

I hope your right bro! Redick is the best player in the nation, period!

tclapp
03-14-2005, 01:44 PM
zephead400ex YOu are so right Witchita State was was better then Northern Iowa i go to ball at evansville and we beat Northern Iowa by 20 and Witchita State beat us by 10 both times and WS finished 2nd in MVC and NI finished 4th

tclapp
03-14-2005, 01:45 PM
ok i really screwed up there i got ot evansville and play ball there

Bush0102
03-14-2005, 01:47 PM
the championship game will be Illinois vs. Duke, and i cant make a prediction for that- its gonna be close

gojk
03-14-2005, 01:57 PM
I have a hard time seeing anyone beat Duke right now, but it is the NCAA tourney and major upsets always happen. I love college B-Ball.

trx450jason
03-14-2005, 03:22 PM
what are you talking about SIU all the way..haha i wish:rolleyes:

zephead400ex
03-14-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by gojk
I have a hard time seeing anyone beat Duke right now, but it is the NCAA tourney and major upsets always happen. I love college B-Ball.

If a team was smart enough to run a Box and 1 defense, they could possibly shut down Reddick. I don't think you can shut down Reddick no matter what defense you throw at them. Duke has Dockery, a guard, coming back from injury. Watch out for the Duke, their playing good ball at the right time of year as long as they can get their forwards involved more!

03-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex

ummmmm "SHE" is not a bro. come on I thought you knew who all the ladies on the site are??????

gratzracing24
03-14-2005, 05:10 PM
deernuts...yea pitt is in they tourney

i love duke...my fav college b ball team...but i dont think they are gonna win it...Dockery is coming back but he hasnt played in what liek 3 weeks to a month? he should help but i dont know how much...i have them losing in the sweet 16 to Syracuse

my final four is Syracuse N.C. Boston College and Georgia Tech...my champ game is Georgia Tech and Syracuse and I have Syracuse winning it all...my biggest upset prediction is i think cincinnatti will knock of kentucky second round...my guesses.

honduh440
03-14-2005, 05:49 PM
WOW i didnt notice that northern iowa made it in the tourny!!!! I mean WSU didnt deserve to get in but what the hell northern iowa? Shiet i could get a team together and beat northern iowa

BlasterRacer26
03-14-2005, 05:56 PM
I hope syracuse wins it all again this year! Their the only team i really watch play seening how i only live 45mins from syracuse.

zephead400ex
03-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Cdaleracer
DUKE all the way!!!!!

Originally posted by GNCCer
ummmmm "SHE" is not a bro. come on I thought you knew who all the ladies on the site are??????

DOH!:D Guess I got a little excited that there was someone rooting for Duke with me! Cdaleracer I http://www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Smilies/bowdown.gif

MSL
03-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Illinois #1

EPDP99
03-15-2005, 08:33 AM
U of A..GO CATS!!!!!!!!!:devil:

Matt37
03-15-2005, 01:01 PM
so many people think that Ill. is going to win it just cuz they had such an amazing record during the regular season, That means nothing now Ill. plays in one of the worst conferences in the country i say Ill. doesnt even make it to the final 4.

zephead400ex
03-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Matt I have to disagree with you man. Illinois beat Wisconsin 3 times, Iowa twice, Wake Forest, Gonzaga, Cincinnati, & Michigan St. That's 7 games they won against top 25 teams and 9 games they've won with teams who are in the NCAA tourney. They lost to Ohio St the last game of the regular season, but OSU is a better team than what people believe.

Now I will say this. Illinois hasn't been in many close ballgames. Their smallest margain of victory came against Michigan, at Michigan, Illinois won by 6. That was their tighest game they won (got beat by 1 by Ohio St).

So to say Illinois isn't a good team, is being kind of ignorant. I'm not flaming you, I'm just stating the facts.

Matt37
03-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Matt I have to disagree with you man. Illinois beat Wisconsin 3 times, Iowa twice, Wake Forest, Gonzaga, Cincinnati, & Michigan St. That's 7 games they won against top 25 teams and 9 games they've won with teams who are in the NCAA tourney. They lost to Ohio St the last game of the regular season, but OSU is a better team than what people believe.

Now I will say this. Illinois hasn't been in many close ballgames. Their smallest margain of victory came against Michigan, at Michigan, Illinois won by 6. That was their tighest game they won (got beat by 1 by Ohio St).

So to say Illinois isn't a good team, is being kind of ignorant. I'm not flaming you, I'm just stating the facts.

Thats cool man i respect your opinion. I never said they are a bad team they are a very good team but so is every other team in the tournament. I just think they have a weak schedule. But hey i guess we will find out that is why i love march madness so much, you never know what is going to happen.

zephead400ex
03-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Matt37
Thats cool man i respect your opinion. I never said they are a bad team they are a very good team but so is every other team in the tournament. I just think they have a weak schedule. But hey i guess we will find out that is why i love march madness so much, you never know what is going to happen.

You couldn't be more right! It's Madness time, who in the hell knows what can happen. There will be a lot of upsets this year so my bracket is probably going to be all screwed up:ermm:

honduh440
03-15-2005, 03:31 PM
i cant belive my fellow kansan friend is rooting for duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate duke more then i hate the denver broncos

zephead400ex
03-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
i cant belive my fellow kansan friend is rooting for duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate duke more then i hate the denver broncos

Hey, I have to support a team that doesn't choke year after year:macho

Haha, jp bro! I like KU too, but Duke's my team!

gratzracing24
03-15-2005, 05:32 PM
About OSU i think they will surprise alot of teams next year because i dont think they are losing anyone or if they are its only one or 2 people...they are allowed in the tourney next year right?

And yes i agree Ill is overrated too...but we will have to wait and see

gratzracing24
03-15-2005, 05:33 PM
About OSU i think they will surprise alot of teams next year because i dont think they are losing anyone or if they are its only one or 2 people...they are allowed in the tourney next year right?

And yes i agree Ill is overrated too...but we will have to wait and see

honduh440
03-15-2005, 06:00 PM
they are loosing 3 players and will be a better team next year but they still wont even make it to the sweet 16

if your talkin about a team to be scared of next year think about north carolina they are not losing any players and theirone of the top 3 teams right now

300ex_rider1121
03-15-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by zephead400ex

Duke

thats the truth

Rdhanded2
03-16-2005, 08:46 AM
I am just hoping SIU makes an upset or 2 this year. I love watching them play! That squad has a lot of talent.

redrider69
03-16-2005, 09:05 AM
my team i s UK but the way the have played lately im not going to be surprised if the get beat in first or second round and i dont think carolina is going to make to the final four i dont think illinois will win it . if i had to put money on a team to win it its gonna be duke even though geogia tech is playing awsome ball good luck to everbodys team

zephead400ex
03-16-2005, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Rdhanded2
I am just hoping SIU makes an upset or 2 this year. I love watching them play! That squad has a lot of talent.

They do have some talent, but watch out for St. Mary's, they were 2nd behind the Zags in the WCC. But, I have SIU beating them due to the fact that SIU has a deeper bench.

spincr4hire
03-18-2005, 10:58 AM
GO CATS!

UK vs. Cinci tomorrow night, should be a he11 of a game. I hate Huggin's Thugs.

hessianmx111
03-18-2005, 12:29 PM
My team is UK and Id like to see them win it but the way they played against Eastern Kentucky yesterday makes me wonder. Anyways, GO CATS!

Butters
03-18-2005, 01:43 PM
OSU all the way..............go Pokes!!!!!!!!!!!

gratzracing24
03-21-2005, 07:17 PM
I already burned my bracket...i had Syracuse winning it all :(