PDA

View Full Version : March 13th Keithsburg IL d-17 Race with Pics

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 08:58 AM
I made the drive to Keithsburg took 7hrs from Midwestern Wisconsin to race.It was a long drive to race an hour.I just wanted to see how my quad was going to feel and get some race time to check my training from the winter.

This was the course to check see if your in shape, much much rougher than the 12hrs of america even after 8hrs of racing>

Heres the A-class line up I believe there was 10 of us.

must have been 30 or more in The B-class, Dont know about the other classes.

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:02 AM
Aclass start I got a good start but flew over the telephone pole they had you go over,I about stalled it when I landed and had to grab 1st as I was in 2nd I lossed a lot of spots.

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Shane "the Quadgod" Buss and me battling around a large sweeper My Gt Thunder 480R easily pulled his stock 450 in the straights:macho

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Unknown rider took 5th in A-class

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Unknown 400ex

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:12 AM
400exmom

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:14 AM
unknown 450r on the gas Think he was in the +35?

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:15 AM
another 450r

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Shane Buss and Unkown this was the only place a guy could rest from some of the whoops if ya took the outside but it only lasted about 5 seconds:D

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Bashees are still competing I wonder how he feels today:ermm:

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:20 AM
Me squeezing in a pass

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:25 AM
400exmom

Johnny & Monica
03-14-2005, 09:25 AM
Shawn should of came to Mo. 172 riders:D Really fast comp. an a rocky off camber course with alot of water:eek2: check out some of Monicas pictures in race coverage.Wish ya was there:( But had a good time without ya lmao...See ya at kahoka???Can I get a maybe??

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:27 AM
unknown

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:28 AM
another

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:30 AM
another
This kid won the beginner class

the Z Man
03-14-2005, 09:31 AM
So, what ya think of her Shawn? How did you finish? Last time I raced with the flu, it really sucked bad. Glad to see you made it ok. probly see ya in Kahoka if ya maker, thanks for the pics. Bob

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:32 AM
unknown

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:33 AM
L.E YFZ

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:36 AM
Another Unknown sorry I dont know any of these riders

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:38 AM
400exmom near the check point

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Z400

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Another

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:42 AM
Me

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:43 AM
I think this was the B-class winner?

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:47 AM
unknown

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Me

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:49 AM
I think this girl took 3rd in Bclass

Johnny & Monica
03-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Who was riding #77 ?

Johnny & Monica
03-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Man #77 was flying lol

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Johnny your such a smart ***:cool:

Aclass 1st place yep I didnt win, I ll explain more later

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:55 AM
400exmom

Looks much smoother to the INSIDE:huh

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:57 AM
Unknown

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Shane Buss

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Me

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 10:10 AM
No more race pics but I got a few other cool pics and 1 funny *** pic.

Here;s the funny pic Ill tell the story>

So Im walking around watching and taking pics of my buddy who is racing Dirtbikes.I watch this kid the 1 to the right with the Brown shirt riding his blaster passed his friends(maybe not friends lmao). He is wearing a helmet but no googles. 1 of the kids throws a hole shovel scoop full of HORSE CHIT on him. He immediatly stops and strips from his helmet and coat.

Its gross but I thought it was pretty damn FUNNY.

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 10:29 AM
Heres a 250r frame 400ex plastic CBR 600 Motor this think sounded tough but unfortunatly the guy seemed to be a V-force rider ya know they guy that revs it up in first gear and only 1st gear:rolleyes:

I guess its used for ice racing

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 10:35 AM
A-class results
1ST Patrick ?
2nd ME
3rd Curt Demay
4th Shane Buss

Unfortunatly I know no other results

Heres my conslusion to this race

It was a horrible race for me,but Im happy with 2nd considering my problems

I raced that whole race with no rear brakes

Heres a list of problems for me.

After the 2nd long whoop section just before ya enter the woods after the start. I was in 2nd my tether had caught on my chest protector and pulled off and the quad died!

I get going and make my way up to 4th after everyone passed me from when my quad died. A kid stalls it in a corner I rear end him and my back end flies up into the air(endo) Shane Buss rams me from behind and his bumper made my rear brake rotor like a bannana,Snapped a bolt head off for the rotor,Luckilly I could still move!

I then let everyone go by again and Im going to call it quits. I then tell myself I drove 7 fricking hrs to race Im going to keep going, ballance and smiley have done it so I can too! This is all 1/2 way into the 1st lap,Have not even made the check point yet lmao>

I started going and after 2 laps of disaster, I whacked a tree head on broke the upper bolt off in the frame for the bumper and ruined my new Chrome bumper

I rolled it once too and was Superman,I got to quit doing that every race!!!

So with all them problems I'm happy with 2nd Patrick was only 20 or so seconds ahead of me I would have battled with him easily with rear brakes.

I feel Im in very good shape this year since I'm not that sore from this race and it was brutal. As everyone can tell you these pics do not show any justice as to how rough this course is.

It was very fun>

Johnny & Monica
03-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Damnit who`s me in 2nd place:confused:

Good job Shawn way to get her done.Awesome pictures

400exmom
03-14-2005, 11:03 AM
sweet! thanks for posting the pics!! and 2nd place in A shawn is freakin awesome!! the guy that got 1st and 3rd are the illinois local pro's~ great to see you there!!

the Z Man
03-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Good job Shawn!! you need a rear rotor? I have a stocker if your interested, way to keep er pinned, see ya soon!!!
The pics really doesn't give er any justice, its one of those things you really have to experience to appreciate. Geat Job!!!

montycarlo
03-14-2005, 12:13 PM
I may have seen the author of this thread..... not sure it was kinda blurry when he lapped me at a high rate of speed. :eek2: (I'm sure you did lap me!)

I didn't like the course. :rolleyes: 2 weeks ago it was longer with more woods twisties and turnies - and the back NE corner isn't the whooped out part. I felt better in the open field parts than I did 2 weeks ago. I didn't care for the way the course jumped off the trails over the stickpiles, cross the trail again and loop around to hook up with the trail someplace else. :shrug: I'm just saying I didn't like it. I guess I prefer the high banked turns and rolling whoops to the flat corners with jolting intersections with the existing trails. Lost track of the handlebars twice. I was not happy with my performance, I finished 17th B class. My forearms got tight 1st lap and couldn't ever get relaxed. There are no new blisters on my hands so I know I wasn't riding hard enough. I started to feel better last 2 laps, but as you know, that's just too late to get 'er going in a 1 hour race. To add to my excuse list, I wasn't feeling real well Friday night and Saturday. Worked Saturday. Didn't get a good nights sleep. In the truck on the way to the race (before the jitters started) I felt just plain tired. And everybody knows my old quads are junk. :blah:

Needless to say, I raced a lot stronger 2 weeks ago at the same sandbox. Before the dirtbikes hit the halfway mark of their race, I was home, unloaded, and laying down in bed ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

SHANE BUSS
03-14-2005, 12:22 PM
HEY Z-MAN,,THANKS FOR SHOOT'N ME THIS! HEY SHAWN BUDDY,,KILL'R PICS BRO!! YOU WERE ON THE GAS HARD YESTERDAY AND YEAH- BOTH OUR LUCK SUCK'D! SORRY ABOUT THE BUMP AND GREAT JOB!! #88

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 12:38 PM
No big deal on the bump THATS RACING!!
It was still fun to battle on the course.

Z-man yea I need a rotor> How much and is it straight?

The only thing I didnt like about the course was all the other trails so close, If ya were not paying attention your off the course and going:huh

I personally watched a few who blew thru or around ribbons and cut back onto the trail a little further down the course on accident Im sure? Which is B.S.

When I went off the trail I got back on the exact same place as I left it and I did it a few times lol.

dirtriderex
03-14-2005, 04:22 PM
You got 2 pictures of me (450r #120) LOL. The kill switch happend to me too. I coulden't figure out why my quad died and finally I figured out it was the Kill switch. That damn telephone pole sucked too.

dirtriderex
03-14-2005, 04:33 PM
unknown 450r on the gas Think he was in the +35? Do I really look 35 ? Sweet:cool:

montycarlo
03-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by snowgasm
The only thing I didnt like about the course was all the other trails so close, If ya were not paying attention your off the course and going:huh

Along with that - if too many of those trails get worn in the park will generally be no fun to ride at because it is all criss-crossed up. ~Probably of no concern to you northerners though!! :D

Also posted by snowgasm
I personally watched a few who blew thru or around ribbons and cut back onto the trail a little further down the course on accident Im sure? Which is B.S.

Yep, I saw a pack of 3 lopped off that whole corner around the open-field woodpile (and the 10 or so turns before and after it).... a 145 quad, a 38 quad, and I didn't see the other number on the third. In the last lap there was a pack of 3 A-riders that blew past me - the 3rd rider on a blue YFZ lopped a corner off to gain on the other two. :grr: Not cool in my book.

Shawn I was standing right close to you when they were paying out the A-riders and I was gonna introduce myself except that I really wanted to get rolling and had anxious people waiting on me to GTFO. Next time maybe! Wanted to ask ya what was so crazy about the Monticello scrambles......

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Nothings crazy about the Monticello race, Its just going to be a tough weekend, since the iowa race is Saturday and the Monticello race is Sunday. Going to be tired and all the driving will suck>

Ill meet ya sooner or later,its nice to know who your talking to here on the web:cool:

1fastprototype
03-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by montycarlo
Along with that - if too many of those trails get worn in the park will generally be no fun to ride at because it is all criss-crossed up. ~Probably of no concern to you northerners though!! :D

Yep, I saw a pack of 3 lopped off that whole corner around the open-field woodpile (and the 10 or so turns before and after it).... a 145 quad, a 38 quad, and I didn't see the other number on the third. In the last lap there was a pack of 3 A-riders that blew past me - the 3rd rider on a blue YFZ lopped a corner off to gain on the other two. :grr: Not cool in my book.

Funny you bring this up, the guy on the yfz was Curt Demay and his dad clocks the leaders with a stop watch, if your time differs by a few seconds they accuse you of cheating, maybe he should keep an eye on his son and not worry about everyone else. Every track you go to always has one of these families where winning is more important to has been or never was father than the actual racer....

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 08:54 PM
I watched a few Ariders exit and return on the trail down the trail.

Im not going to accuse anyone of cheating intentionally but it was obviuos to me they were way out of line in doing so.:rolleyes:

TM426
03-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Nice pics!! I wish I was there. Looks like a good track, a little open though.

montycarlo
03-15-2005, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by 1fastprototype
Funny you bring this up, the guy on the yfz was Curt Demay and his dad clocks the leaders with a stop watch, if your time differs by a few seconds they accuse you of cheating, maybe he should keep an eye on his son and not worry about everyone else. Every track you go to always has one of these families where winning is more important to has been or never was father than the actual racer....

I honestly don't know which 3 riders it was or if it was Mr Demay. I just know it was 3 fast fast quads and the 3rd runner in the group pulled a dirty dirty.

TM426- It looks open in the pics, yes. The open parts were nothing but wide open grassy field, however the tight woods sections don't get much tighter especially once the brush grows up this spring. ;)

Shawn I don't think I'm gonna do the Monticello race. I don't know what I was thinking. You said there was an Iowa race that weekend and I was like :huh I'm smarter now though. I'm glad to hear it's not too overly crazy; maybe next year. As far as crazy tracks go, this Sandy Oaks place is about the hardest place I know of to ride. :)

Shawn H
03-15-2005, 08:32 AM
This track was open and not tight at all but if it were I guarantee I would not have finished! Since there are so many Kickers and ruts I would have definetly been into a tree Bad!!

The ruts and whoops make up for not having tight trees, I prefer the tighter stuff tho, it keeps riders Honest.Anyone can go fast in the open stuff!

Monticello track is easy its tight with a creek crossing IMO not worth the drive but I race the series so thats why I go> This race is put on by a dirtbike club and they are rude to the Quads> and you must meet 96db's which is ridiculously low>

All right Ill call them out :
#11 DVX A-class went off the trail as I was passing him and cut back onto the trail ahead of me and I passed him again.I know he was riding over his head and maybe thats why he went off the trail but he should have entered where he left off.

Demay also tried to pass me off the trail out of bounds to pass me just before the checkers, but I pinched him off in the corner>He was clearly on the other side of the yellow ribbon cuz I was like OH CHIT I went the wrong way but I didnt cuz the little orange markers dont lie!!!

Either way I dont care I would watch these cats!! If they would have beat me I would have complained but it didnt increase there positions and its there own Conciounce(SP)

Shane Buss has a few #'s he watched cheat too!

montycarlo
03-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by snowgasm

Demay also tried to pass me off the trail out of bounds to pass me just before the checkers, but I pinched him off in the corner>

I think that was you 3 then that passed me. In which case I got a clear view of it.... he went over the bump & across the road then straight instead of turning right. :rolleyes: Oh well. Imma let it go.

Do you remember passing a slo-mo-fo just as you got around the corner into the woods for the dash to the checkers?

Shawn H
03-15-2005, 05:02 PM
Yep I remember.
I didnt know if you were talking about the last lap but you must have seen the same thing!

The other cheat was earlier in the race.