PDA

View Full Version : Wheels~~~~~

05-08-2002, 09:38 AM
IS IT TRUE THAT WITH THE STOCK FRONT TIRES AND RIMS THAT YOU CAN TAKE OFF THE LEFT SIDE AND PUT IT ON THE RIGHT SIDE BUT BACKWARD AND VISE VERSA . CAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY IT WILL GO ON, MAKING THE TIRES NOW STICK OUT A BIT MORE IN THE FRONT. jUST AS IF YOU HAD SPACERS OR SOMETHING

OR IS THIS A BAD THING TO DO :confused: :devil :grr

HAS ANYONE DONE THIS

honda_racer199
05-08-2002, 09:48 AM
Depends on what quad you have. I know on my 400EX I did it with the front rims, but you have to break your beads, take your tires off, turn the velve stems inside out, drill another holl on the inside of the rim, and put a new velve stem in it. You have to do all this because if you don't the velve stems will rip off because of the disks.:macho

ChadEXer
05-08-2002, 10:11 AM
it will cause more bumpsteer but I had mine that way for a while and didnt have any problems with it!! But what racer-199 said is the way you have to do it!

voges
05-08-2002, 11:41 AM
i'm planing on doing that to my front tires did it work well
do you have any problems with leaks

zuLi0
05-08-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by ChadEXer
it will cause more bumpsteer but I had mine that way for a while and didnt have any problems with it!! But what racer-199 said is the way you have to do it!

What do you mean about more bumpsteer?

I was just gonna have the holes welded shut, because having a second valve stem would/could make you prone to having more flats, specially if you get a half way flat tire to begin with, and it pushes on the valvestem thats on the inside of the tire. which would leave a big ol hole in your rim leaving alot of air out!:huh :huh

ChadEXer
05-08-2002, 12:16 PM
Bumpsteer is when you hit a rock or some kind of obstacle in the road and it jerks your handlebars!!!!

05-08-2002, 01:38 PM
out here in the northwest you can get a recessed valve stem setup from Les Schwab tire center. You still have to break the bead to install, and use the adaptor that comes with to fill tire. I have them on mine, very nice. I think american racing makes them they're like 10 bucks.

zuLi0
05-08-2002, 10:27 PM
Interesting. However im personally still thinking about drilling the 2nd hole and having one filled.

Have you had any problems with the disk brake though?

Wired
05-08-2002, 10:31 PM
if the bump steer gets too bad and you want an easy way to chop it down it half, buy yourself a steering dampner. well worth your money anyways!

zuLi0
05-08-2002, 10:36 PM
what are the benefits of a steering dampner? besides cutting down the bumpsteer

05-09-2002, 07:22 AM
zulio I have had no problems with this setup. There is a little threaded cap that screws into the hole for the valve core that keeps dirt and junk out of there if that makes sense. The cap is only about an 1/8 inch from the rim surface and the disk clears fine. I usually only run my wheels backwards in sand or snow. I'd take a picture but I don't have a digi camera.

zuLi0
05-09-2002, 07:30 AM
interesting.