PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket hub??

screaminta
03-14-2005, 05:37 AM
So recently i went out riding only to find out while riding that my axle bearings needed replacement BAD!!. By the time i rode off the trail and onto the truck it was too late.... I went home and took it apart only to realize that the stock carrier was severly chewed up from the blown bearing, also the sprocket hub where the seal goes over.. I had a new carrier to my house in 2 days but now I am wondering if i could go riding at least once without the new hub. Also, can I use a stock sprocket hub with my durablue axle?? Any tips on changing it? thanks

zedicus00
03-14-2005, 07:00 AM
i think the sprocket hub has to be pressed off. and durablue makes a steal sprocket hub that is available as replacement and its a lot stronger then there standard aluminum ones.

xlr810
03-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Durablue has different splines for their sprocket hubs. You will need to get another from them-- steel is tougher and more expensive. You can remove it by heating up the hub, tapping it back off the clip-- remove the clip, then tap the hub off toward the end of the axle.

I wouldn't run it with the damaged hub. Best case you'd ruin the seal on the sprocket side of your new carrier-- worst case-- blow another carrier, potentially wrecking the surface of the axle where the bearing rides.

Good luck.

hontrx265r
03-14-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure if they are the same, (probably are) but I have a brand new double wide rpm race hub 80.00 and its yours there 130.00 new and this one has never been put on came with my axle and I've never found a need for it
mgsytsma@gmail.com