PDA

View Full Version : tv problems

400exrules
03-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I just turned on my tv and the sound is all messed up on like half the channels, almost every other one. The sound isnt normal, it sounds like robots, or like the ppl are talkin through harmonicas or somethin, its f'ed up. but some of the channels work fine. I do have a digital cable box but i doubt that makes a difference cuz i think its a problem with the tv. Plz dont tell me i need a new tv cuz i just got it for Christmas last year (not 3 months ago)

anyone have suggestions?

YZ400EX
03-14-2005, 01:58 AM
Try using the TV with other things other than Cable..Like hook up a game system to it or play a DVD or Video tape and see if it still does it..If it does then more than likely there is a problem with the TV,but if it only does it while watching TV channels then it is probably the cable..

03-14-2005, 02:27 AM
hrm..... thats what happens when you try watch the dirty channels and you dont pay for it :huh :huh

Jesse

250rAL
03-14-2005, 05:01 PM
It should still be under warranty.

honduh440
03-14-2005, 06:39 PM
well you may be in luck i work for sportview television..........................

without seeing it or anything i would have to say that you have a splitter witht he cables in the wrong spot follow every cable in ur house and make sure the cable comming from the wall goes to the "in" and the cables comming out into other tvs are plugged into the "out"

honduh440
03-14-2005, 06:40 PM
also you can do things to eliminate pieces that may be wrong for example take your tv into another room and plug it in see if its still sounding bad. then take the digital cable box to another tv see if its messing up ext

400exrules
03-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
well you may be in luck i work for sportview television..........................

without seeing it or anything i would have to say that you have a splitter witht he cables in the wrong spot follow every cable in ur house and make sure the cable comming from the wall goes to the "in" and the cables comming out into other tvs are plugged into the "out"

ok u know wuts weird....like 2 weeks ago the internet cable guy came to fix our internet cuz it would cut on and off for hours, and he said we had a splitter, or splicer or somethin that had gone bad and it was switchin from on to off, and he fixed it. Do u think that could have had anything to do with it? or maybe he coulda hit somethin while he was in the attic and messed somethin up?

because my cable for the tv and the cable modem for my internet are through the same company, they are both Time Warner

honduh440
03-14-2005, 10:33 PM
yeah with you saying that then its got to be the problem because tvs dont crap out that fast. I know if you have the cables going into the splitter wrong it will still display the signal but ur volume will start wiggin out and the picture will look a little distorted. Your best way to find out if its the cable or not since its probaby pretty hard for you to get up in the attick and check all that is to just find a cable in the house that doesnt have spliters and multiple things on it and see if it works their.

you can also call the cable guy to come back out tell them that since they messed with it ur tv has been acting weird and they cant tell you no.

400exrules
03-15-2005, 09:09 AM
k when my dad gets off work ill go up in the attick with him. But the volume of the tv is fine, and the picture is fine, its just the sound is f*cked up on like 60% of the channels

honduh440
03-15-2005, 09:21 AM
let me know what you find out

Bush0102
03-15-2005, 10:39 AM
hit it with a sledgehammer...usually works for me

400exrules
03-15-2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
hit it with a sledgehammer...usually works for me

thats wut i usually do....electronics piss me off

bulkdriverlp
03-15-2005, 03:48 PM
its the splitter or cable box, doesnt sound like a tv prob to me.