PDA

View Full Version : 400EX or Banshee..That is the question

Cool Honda Man
03-13-2005, 10:49 PM
I currently have a 400ex, ever since I bought it I have wanted a banshee. Is there any reason not to sell the 400 and buy one? If anyone has info that would be good for me to know before making my new investment (reliability, all that stuff) please let me know. Would I be better to keep the 400? Why? Thanks

03-14-2005, 12:45 PM
keep the 400...all the banshees i have een have something break all the time and are a PITA to maintain but iv'e heard differently fro mpeople on here but have SEEN otherwise

ledofthezep
03-14-2005, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
keep the 400...all the banshees i have een have something break all the time and are a PITA to maintain but iv'e heard differently fro mpeople on here but have SEEN otherwise
Nothing a little maintinance won't resolve. Hell, my banshee is a '97 model, still running the stock pistons & rings and shee screams!:ermm: Pretty much all I've done is change the oil, mod it, fill it with gas, & ride the **** out of it. They're not a PITA to maintain, really simple actually. Replace a topend on a two-stroke, then replace the top end on your 400 & tell me which was easier to do; seriously. hehe Not badmouthing 400's as I have one myself...as well as a banshee. Just speaking from experience/ownership. They are both great quads.

My suggestion is, keep your 400...save your pennies & get a banshee. You can get them cheaper & cheaper now with the new 4strokes coming out. Mods are realatively cheap & they are not hard to work on or rebuild if necessary.;)