PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki's New Contingency Program

Quad Racer 55
03-13-2005, 08:55 PM
Has anyone seen Suzuki's new contingency program?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buy a new 05' Suzuki and race any Nationals or major events and lose! Suzuki will protest that race's winner for you! Does not matter if you got beat straight up, suck, or what. The guys that best you must have been cheating!

Go Suzuki!!!!

EvilJester400EX
03-13-2005, 08:57 PM
haha. They're protesting every single race now, come on, you got beat, just practice a little harder. Does oxygenated fuel make THAT much of a difference?

BlueZ440
03-13-2005, 09:01 PM
That's funny..:D But once again, Who's no 1 and 2...Umm DOUG AND JONES..:eek2: :confused:

And oh yeah oxygegated fuel makes a big different on some applications.. I have ran VP ultimate 4 and it's a big different.;)

Dale512
03-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Yes Oxygenated Fuel makes a huge difference and it's illegal to run, so if Natalie is running it then Suzuki has every right to protest it. Besides if Honda was dumping the money into their team that Suzuki is I bet they would protest almost everytime they get beat, but you know that would be okay because its HONDA, right? Suzuki didnt protest last race so I'd assume they have their reasons to beleive that Natalie is running some type of illegal fuel. I don't think he is, but you never know and if he is I and I'm sure many others will lose all respect for him.

Tommy 17
03-13-2005, 09:30 PM
i'm not goin to loose respect for natalie if he ran an illegal fuel (which i doubt he is)...

hes one of the coolest pros out there and is a nice guy... he talks to everyone and is actually a down to earth person... not only that hes SUPER FAST!!!!

i think its b.s. what suzuki is doing... babies...

team_450_88
03-13-2005, 09:34 PM
Almost all VP is oxygenated(sp), but Doug gust and them run vp 2 , i dont kno the rule on this so i have no clue...Natalie Could run pump gas if it would run on it an still beat crybabys ( suzuki )..I just figured it could only be soo oxygenated(sp) because I kno the octane level is really low on the unltimate 4 but its oxygenated(sp)....who knos:D go natalie..smoke dat suz suz ***:devil:

Dale512
03-13-2005, 10:14 PM
I'm not going to argue with you but would you be complaining if Honda had put up the protest? I know alot of people would'nt be, it would be more like: Look Suzuki's cheating, they have to cheat to win and so on.

Yea I beleive the rule has to do with how much oxygenation the fuel has and not that it is oxygenated.

Truthfully I beleive that the Top 3 Finishing Pro's quads should be torn down and checked for displacement and illegal fuel and whatever else after every race regardless.

What if Natalie did cheat, then what are you going to say?

SRH
03-13-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
i'm not goin to loose respect for natalie if he ran an illegal fuel (which i doubt he is)...

hes one of the coolest pros out there and is a nice guy... he talks to everyone and is actually a down to earth person... not only that hes SUPER FAST!!!!

i think its b.s. what suzuki is doing... babies...

i agree with tommy, there turning it into nascar or something natalie was prob like wtf and protested them for anything,

Tommy 17
03-13-2005, 10:20 PM
if honda protested i'd say the same thing... go cry about it...

if he cheated with something as simple as a fuel big deal... the tiny bit of power wouldn't help that much... there is alot worse things out there that u just dont know about...

like for example in dirtibkes i know kids that use to race 167 kits in 125s for more power... and i know kids on 80s that use to be them...;)

Quad18star
03-13-2005, 10:35 PM

if he cheated with something as simple as a fuel big deal... the tiny bit of power wouldn't help that much... there is alot worse things out there that u just dont know about...

Well if you let things start to slide , where do you draw the line ?? It'll start off with " Oh it's only fuel " ... then it turns into " Well it was only 2 cc more than legal allowance " .. " Well it was only 10 cc more than what the rules say" .... " I didn't know Nitrous wasn't allowed" ( last one was for chit and giggles) .

I'm sure there are a lot more things out there that we don't know about ... but these protests might bring out those little secrets that some people are hiding . Maybe it'll scare these people and they'll start running legal stuff instead of cheating .

Who knows if Natalie's stuff is legal , but we'll all know as soon as the results from the tests come in .

Like someone mentioned .... I also agree that the top 3 should have their bikes impounded and inspected . They should also do a random inspection of 1 or 2 other riders out there .

Dale512
03-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Quad18star is 100% right on everything he has said. Now don't get me wrong, Natalie is my favorite GNC rider, but if he's cheating, even if it is just fuel that shows dishonesty and dishonesty is not something I usually associate with a good person. Besides like Quad18star said, where do you draw the line? The Rules are not made to be broken, contrary to popular belief.:rolleyes:

bradley300
03-14-2005, 07:25 AM
i wouldnt really call using the wrong feul dishonest, have you ever heard of that rule? my geuss is suzuki is going thru the rule book and finding the most vague and overlooked rules out there. i bet more than half the pros didnt know there was a rule about oxengenated feul

Dale512
03-14-2005, 12:06 PM
Theres no excuses IF (Thats a big IF) Natalie is using an illegal fuel. He's been racing long enough that he should know the rules, come on man I don't even race and I knew that there was a rule against oxygenated fuels. It's not like its a new rule or anything, its been in place for sometime.

Bush0102
03-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by bradley300
i wouldnt really call using the wrong feul dishonest, have you ever heard of that rule? my geuss is suzuki is going thru the rule book and finding the most vague and overlooked rules out there. i bet more than half the pros didnt know there was a rule about oxengenated feul

i havent heard of the rule, but if you are a pro racing team dumping tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars into your program, you can bet they know the rules. When the riders are signed to contracts i'd be surprised if there wasnt a stipulation that they have to be familiar with all of the series rules and regulations. I like natalie, but if he was using oxygenated fuel it probably wasnt an accident.

Bush0102
03-14-2005, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i agree with tommy, there turning it into nascar or something natalie was prob like wtf and protested them for anything,

how is it being turned into nascar?

the protests are just happening because there is so much money on the line this year.

03-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Quad Racer 55
Has anyone seen Suzuki's new contingency program?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buy a new 05' Suzuki and race any Nationals or major events and lose! Suzuki will protest that race's winner for you! Does not matter if you got beat straight up, suck, or what. The guys that best you must have been cheating!

Go Suzuki!!!!

What the heck are you ******ing about. It's the evolution of the sport. Every other form of top motorsports inspect all the top finishers after a race. GNC doesn't but anyone can protest it so it is inpected? Why the heck wouldn't you do that?. when the top finishers from a nascar race go have their cars inspected after the race does that mean Nascar is a bunch of cry babies? NO just making sure everyone is on equal playing field. People shut up about this and quit crying.

trick450r
03-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Before you guys start calling Natalie dis honest if he was to run oxygenated fuel ask yourself... do you think john natalie takes it upon himself to fuel up his quad? didnt think so....same with nascar the racers have nothing to do with building the cars...

MXRACER86
03-14-2005, 01:17 PM
HOLD ON EVERYBODY!!!!! Who said it was suzuki that protested?
I heard it was Tim Farr who protested? Can someone showme what says that Suzuki protested???

BlueZ440
03-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by MXRACER86
HOLD ON EVERYBODY!!!!! Who said it was suzuki that protested?
I heard it was Tim Farr who protested? Can someone showme what says that Suzuki protested??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dale512
03-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Trick450R, you do make a good point, but Natalie should take it upon himself to make sure that his bike is legal.

zephead400ex
03-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Jesus, let's all find something to b*tch about and run with it like you know what your talking about...shut up!

Rules are rules for a reason. Whether it's your buddy, favorite rider, worst enemy, it makes absolutely no difference who breaks the rules, there will (should be) reprocussions.

Nate said it best: "it's an evaluation of the sport." I think most of you would want our sport to be respected by the world as honest athletes, not cheaters.

Now, I'm not saying the allegations are true, however, if they are, I'm glad someone (Suzuki or Farr) stepped up.

03-14-2005, 02:50 PM
and lets shut up and not judge anyone untill we see the results of the protest.

Warnerade
03-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Dale512
Truthfully I beleive that the Top 3 Finishing Pro's quads should be torn down and checked for displacement and illegal fuel and whatever else after every race regardless. gust's quad was already checked last year for a displacement bigger than 440...

people ***** way to much (not suzuki or anyone..people here do.)

03-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Posted in the GNC forum by KingRage12(natalies mechanic):

PROTEST SMACK ScooP
Alright, I will speak for John here on this as I was his mechanic this weekend. We were protested at the end of the second round for our fuel. This all came about because of my stubborness about what fuel we needed to run. We ran what Curtis Sparks asked us to in the first moto, but simply didnt have enough to finish the second moto. Instead of just topping off the tank with C12, I decided to drain the tank and pour in straight C12. The boys next door at the Suzuki tent, looking over our shoulder just simply thought we were up to something. The protest did not come from the riders but from the head honchos. These are the slave drivers running around the Suzuki tent that have nothing else to do but cause conflict and eat off there gourmet table that they had set up. John simply protested them back just to let them know he could play the same game as they have with Tim and others in the past. The fact is that John would have won the race with the 15 sec margin he had no matter what. He told me before his first moto that it would be his day....I said cool, what makes you so sure.....he said whats the date?.....I said ....ummm.....3/13.....He said whats my Number?....I started to laugh and said Ok, I guess we will know in the first holeshot. The rest is history..... Anyway, my opinion on this matter is that the protest rule is fine to keep people honest, but I dont think its ness. every race from the same people. Suzuki, ease up! I will point out this fact that is something that I noticed over the weekend. Our pro riders are to set an example for the young upcomers I think. John never one time hesitated all weekend to stop and spend time with the fans...hell he even autographed his trophy and gave it to a little boy in a wheel chair. This brought a tear to my eye I swear. We were pitted right next to Suzuki, and the only time I saw Jeremia and Doug was at the starting gate. You would think for the money that suzuki spends on there team, they would make sure there sponored riders could mingle with the fans somewhat. I am however happy that Suzuki is taking the big plunge with there race team in the ATV industry and hope they continue to support the sport in the future.
Maybe next year Honda will put together a nice set up like them....you never know.

Hope that clears up this topic.

Ralph
03-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
gust's quad was already checked last year for a displacement bigger than 440...

The thing is when they tore down gust z400. they did it ONCE during the whole season, and this was after about 8 or 9 consecuctive wins. that is a little more acceptable than questioning every little thing after every race.

Warnerade
03-14-2005, 08:25 PM
true..sure it was ridiculous, to say fuel could help someone win by that much...sure i think its bull**** that suzuki is off to protest soo much..o well though....what will *****ing here do about it? not realy all that much...

SRH
03-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Bush0102
how is it being turned into nascar?

the protests are just happening because there is so much money on the line this year.

what? whens the last time chad reed protested ricky carmicheal for smoking him the last couple weeks i mean ricky consistently beats chad each week and you dont see any poor sportsman ship there, and there is a hell of a lot more money there then the gncs...well i dont see yamaha pro testing suzuki or vice versa...i think there just getting a little out of hand with there protests....

tommy is right i bought a rm with 167 kit the kid i got it from ran it in the 125 class, it was a fun bike but it def had more power than a 125 class bike...most local tracks most of the 125 guys have big bores...cheating happens but it cant take away from skill

just my opinion of course....

Fred55
03-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by NacsRacer027
gust's quad was already checked last year for a displacement bigger than 440...

Actually the limit is 450

Warnerade
03-15-2005, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Fred55
Actually the limit is 450 sorry for the typo:ermm:

rich@axeracing.
03-15-2005, 10:34 AM
:mad:

so , what abought the suzuki Contingency Program?
any word ? the gncc in 3 races in and still no info

FourFiftyFour
03-15-2005, 04:14 PM
oh lord........apparently the guy who started this thread was just being sarcastic and joking around and everyone had to be like "OMG quit whining".... i dont think he was whining i think it was just a sarcastic/joking/being funny thread......

TheMachine
03-15-2005, 07:59 PM

[/B]
That is very true. He was so cool when I met him in texas, even after he didn't do so well. I doubt he ran illegal fuel but we will find out. Kory Ellis was also a very nice guy.