PDA

View Full Version : Illinois, Taylorville

dirtriderex
03-13-2005, 07:33 PM
who is going to this one? Keithsburg was a blast although I stalled my fo fiddy on that damn log. I'ev been sleeping since I came home, every muscle is sore :( . Kim I didn't see you much, where were you hiding. WFO gives good awards.

79400ex
03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
who is going to this one? Keithsburg was a blast although I stalled my fo fiddy on that damn log. I'ev been sleeping since I came home, every muscle is sore :( . Kim I didn't see you much, where were you hiding. WFO gives good awards.

Whenis this one?

Rdogg450
03-13-2005, 07:45 PM
Good Luck in Taylorville..... that is one unorganized outfit.:ermm:

400exmom
03-13-2005, 07:46 PM
taylorville race is march 20th quads start at 1:00~
Ill be ther fo sure!!

ryan you didnt see me cuz i was ahead of you a bit:D

and yeah WFO's trophies are very nice!!

dirtriderex
03-13-2005, 08:18 PM
You got a mouth on you KIM!;) Why is Talorville unorganized?

dirtriderex
03-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Dang I just looked it up on the map, a 4 hour trip:rolleyes: . Can't dist. 17 have more races north, other than Wedron

Rdogg450
03-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Races there seem to never start on time and the course is never marked very well.:rolleyes:

Joe400ex
03-13-2005, 09:59 PM
I have never raced on a orginized track but i ride on trails everyweekend is it worth it to go or are the guys there pro

markk
03-14-2005, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Rdogg450
Good Luck in Taylorville..... that is one unorganized outfit.:ermm:

I HEAR THAT LOL!!! I like ther flags also LMAO a HAT!

Im seriously thinking about it, Even though my quad is hurting from the FL, Ga GNCCs. I seem to do pretty good at Taylorville, i came home last year with a First overall, and a Second Overall, and one 5thplace in b class team race.
If im there you see a Fat boy sitting on a red 400ex with a green frame in a-class, Just look for the Sh*Test looking helmet out ther thats me!

markk
03-14-2005, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
Dang I just looked it up on the map, a 4 hour trip:rolleyes: . Can't dist. 17 have more races north, other than Wedron

Taylorville is about an 1:15min from my house, and LTM is about 1:30 min from my house. If i want to hit any other tracks we would have to drive ALOT!!!! How far is it 4-u to get to LTM??

dirtriderex
03-14-2005, 02:12 AM
If Taylorville is that bad I think I will redecide on going. Casey is about 4 hours too.

400exmom
03-14-2005, 04:57 AM
ryan~ you know your always welcome to stay at my house to shorten a trip to a race!! taylorville is 1.5 hours from my house~

as far as races there starting on time i dont care at all~ you can play on the sweet mx track there waiting for the race to start~ plus races run for an hour an a half~ why is everyone always in a big rush if you have other chit planned on sunday stay home:blah:

dirtriderex
03-14-2005, 06:12 AM
I just might take you on that offer, Kim did you beat that one other chic that you were nervous about?

400exmom
03-14-2005, 06:20 AM
she got 3rd i got 6th~ i knew there was no way i could beat her~ she's FAST! she lapped me at the moose race 2 years ago~ i gave her my # and the iowa series link~ hopefully she can make a few of those!! her brother took home 1st in A class snowgasm took 2nd~ way to go shawn!!

Shawn H
03-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Thanks it was a horrible race for me,but Im happy with 2nd considering my problems

I raced that whole race with no rear brakes:eek2:

Heres a list of problems for me.

After the 2nd long whoop section just before ya enter the woods after the start. I was in 2nd my tether had caught on my chest protector and pulled off and the quad died!:grr:

I get going and make my way up to 4th after everyone passed me from when my quad died. A kid stalls it in a corner I rear end him and my back end flies up into the air(endo) Shane Buss rams me from behind and his bumper made my rear brake rotor like a bannana,Snapped a bolt head off for the rotor,Luckilly I could still move!

I then let everyone go by again and Im going to call it quits. I then tell myself I drove 7 fricking hrs to race Im going to keep going, ballance and smiley have done it so I can too! This is all 1/2 way into the 1st lap,Have not even made the check point yet lmao>

I started going and after 2 laps of disaster, I whacked a tree head on broke the upper bolt off in the frame for the bumper and ruined my new Chrome bumper:mad:

I rolled it once too and was Superman,I got to quit doing that every race!!!

So with all them problems I'm happy with 2nd Patrick was only 20 or so seconds ahead of me I would have battled with him easily with rear brakes

Thats racing!!!
Sorrry for long post.I got a ton of pics of everyone Ill post soon when I downsize them!!