PDA

View Full Version : Rap.350/warrior question

YFZ450Ridr
03-13-2005, 06:54 PM
My dad has a 2002 warrior and is looking for a bit more sportier ride. he likes the raptor 350 but doesnt want to spend the 5 grand buying one. we ride trials and creeks and what not. I read that the Raptor 350 got new designed race inspired suspension. My question is will the Rappys shocks fit on the warrior AND help any at all. if not then will any other sport quad shocks mount up and work well? front and/or rear shocks that is.

300ex73
03-13-2005, 07:48 PM
I'd say, your best bet on the shocks and a-arms is to just go ahead and buy some aftermarket stuff. Lonestar makes some +2 a-arms, and you could always get some works shocks. Although I hear that if you ride trails, the wider stance can be a pain in the ***. If you wanna find out if the baby Raptor stuff can fit, then take a measuring tape to the nearest Yamaha dealer and get the measurements.

bone705
03-13-2005, 08:19 PM
I would say that the rapotor 350 shocks would bolt on without any issue since they are pretty much the same machine. i wouldn't think that the would change the grometry of the front end any, but just upgrade the shocks. i would also just go with a set of works.

wheeltrax
03-13-2005, 08:55 PM
and they say the banshee has race inspired suspension too.. im not a fan of stock banshee suspension..

bone705
03-13-2005, 09:02 PM
i put some banshee shocks on our backup warrior. they are soft as hell. not bad for just trail riding and soaking up bumps and logs, but has mega body roll.

Juggalo
03-14-2005, 10:03 AM
the raptor 350 is almost the exact same machine as your dads warrior. dont bother putting raptor 350 shocks on your dads warrior. im willing to bet their the exact same shock..and if their not their damn close enough where you wont notice a difference. "Race inspired" is just a term they use, it doesnt mean anything at all. just like "bold new graphics". BOLD!? wow they must be way better than just new graphics..nope just the same thing. dont fall for the hype. if you dad is looking for a new quad then maybe he should look into a 400ex. you can find used ones all over the place and they are very cheap these days. i gaurentee he would LOVE the 400 over the warrior. it would be a hge improvement in every area over his warrior. hed be very happy with it and MUCH MUCH happier then spending 5 grand on a new machine thats almost exactly the same as the one hes riding now. if he wants to keep the warrior tho then i suggest him buying a set of works or something, he prob doesnt need rezzies or anything fancy but it will tighten up the ride for sure. but if i were him id look into buying a used 400ex if hes no longer happy with the warrior.