PDA

View Full Version : carburator question

z400quadmaster
03-13-2005, 06:15 PM
I have an 03 z400 and I was wondering I heard that when u stand a z up and down u dont have to turn the gas off when the petcock is on the on position. Now when i stood mine up today to wash underneeth it the gas started running out into the airbox. And when it sits and idels for a while it stals out for some reason. I was just wondering if the choke cable might be stretched a little bit. Because I just put new t2 bars on it. Im pretty sure its not the floats because I didnt touch the carb. And if it would be the calbe i heard there is a kit that u can put in to replace the cable and turn it into a choke on the side of the carb. So any info for my problems would be appreciated thanks.

blastermaster58
03-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Ok, your carb works with a vaccum system as far as on/off positioning goes. There is no "off" position on your quad because the quad only sucks in gas when the engine is running. If the quad is not running, no gas goes through the line except for the gas that was in the lin/bowl before the engine stopped running. Gas will run into your airbox because there is still leftover gas in the bowl from when teh quad was still running. So, if you don't want any gas to drain into the airbox while it's standing up, just drain the bowl be unscrewing the bowl drain screw and let the gas come out.

Yes, there is a "kit" to eliminate the remote choke assembly. All it really is is a choke plunger mounted directly to the carb instead of a cable to the handlebars. The gas leaking into the aribox has nothing to to with the choke cable.

Hope this answers your question!

z400quadmaster
03-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Hey thanks I guess that would make sense lol. Thanks for the info. But what about when it stalls when idaling what do u think that is from?

blastermaster58
03-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Not quite sure of that... could be a number of things. You'll have to figure that out for yourself ;)