PDA

View Full Version : Right Tool for the job

Pappy
03-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Man I tell ya what. I havent ever claimed to be a handy man joe wanna be carpenter but after seeing a few real carpenters go at it saturday I had the urge to splurge:p

I have been wanting to enclose my 30 x 36 carport for added workshop space and everything finally came together for it to happen on saturday. 5 good friends arrived at 10 am saturday and by 10 pm that night she was done:eek:

Pappy
03-13-2005, 04:53 PM
new 10 x 6 counter with base cabinets and wall cabinets will give me a nice clean surface to prep parts

hardkoratvmxr
03-13-2005, 04:53 PM
nice

Tommy 17
03-13-2005, 04:54 PM
just don't drive ur truck into it again:eek2: :blah:

looks awesome pappy!

Pappy
03-13-2005, 04:55 PM
this area will be my new 8 x 10 walk in powder room. i still have to floor it and do the walls/ceiling, but cant until i build the back wall for the 6 x 6 wall filter and exhaust fan.

Pappy
03-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
just don't drive ur truck into it again:eek2: :blah:

you have no idea how much ribbing i took over that this weekend:p

they even pressed me to powdercoat the outlet switches candy red:D

Cody_300ex
03-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Damn pappy, ya'll threw that up quick!! Looks like a nice start to a work in process.:cool:

Pappy
03-13-2005, 05:07 PM
so back to the right tool thing.....

after using an air nailer i went and bought one. what a dream tool to have.

also, when did miter saw's get lasers:p

its amazing how far technology has come and how much easier life must be for those that depend on these tools.

03-13-2005, 05:49 PM
I can imagine building a house with a hammer, nail guns are a dream. So its basically gonna be a Pappys Performance Powdercoating shop away from the actual one? Thats killer.

ReconRider25
03-13-2005, 05:53 PM
thats lookin pretty good, but does hat even meet the building codes? hope they dont find out....:eek2: theres like 1 stud every 7 feet.:p

Scott-300ex
03-13-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
thats lookin pretty good, but does hat even meet the building codes? hope they dont find out....:eek2: theres like 1 stud every 7 feet.:p

lmao!

man, looks good

but you started late, when i work with my dad we start at 7 in the morning

but 12 hours, ya got that up pretty quick eh

nosliw
03-13-2005, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
after using an air nailer i went and bought one. what a dream tool to have.

yeah they are awesome. i rigged mine so you dont have to be pressing down on the tip to get it to shoot. lotsa fun during breaks!

JOEX
03-13-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
LOL. I was thinking the same thing, as long as it works, it's all good;) :)

I've been thinking it's time for me to lay out the $'s to build a shop this spring:) :ermm:

And yes, those air nailers are nice:) I have a finish nailer and it's a must have for trim and moulding;)

Pappy
03-13-2005, 07:38 PM
being that it was an existing structure , the walls dont provide any load-bearing support. this is the same building technique that pole barns and large sheds use. the supports for the carport are 6 x6 in concrete and i think there are 20 of them:p the walls are also anchored to the concrete and 2 x 8 header of the existing structure, she aint going nowhere unless the dodge gets away from me again:o

So its basically gonna be a Pappys Performance Powdercoating shop away from the actual one?

lol...my shop is 30 x 33 and its ajoined to the new shop, now i have a 60 x 72 or so work shop! since i dont pc frames here (or didnt:devil: ) or strip frames and large items here, the shop is more then large enough for what I do. I just needed room....lots of it:D

Pappy
03-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Scott-300ex

but you started late, when i work with my dad we start at 7 in the morning

we worked until 2 am friday night building the skeleton of a new 6 x 6 powdercoating oven so we slept in:D

LazeR
03-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Looks good pappy :macho I like how the outlet is candy apple! that looks awesome

KH426
03-13-2005, 07:49 PM
damn we do good work:D

03-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by nosliw
yeah they are awesome. i rigged mine so you dont have to be pressing down on the tip to get it to shoot. lotsa fun during breaks! Hahaha, one time on the second floor of a house i missed the top of a board and sent a nail across a mainstreet at head level. Luckily no cars were going by!!!:D

Pappy
03-13-2005, 08:09 PM
i think if i took off the safety my family would leave until i put the tool away :eek:

ive already sent a nail across the shop, and 1 thru the wall:p i better get someone to disable the auto-shoot feature also:devil:

i just cant believe how much easier some of todays tools make the job at hand go. i geuss i used my old rusty skill saw and rickety saw horses far too long.

the wife is actually lovin some of the new stuff, well its new to us hicks:) laser levels, small air nailers for trim work etc. no wonder there are 200 home improvement shows on tv.

alimdar2times
03-13-2005, 08:13 PM
You have no idea how true that saying is...

"The right tool for the job....." Boy don't I have some stories about that.

Words to live by, shop looks nice.