PDA

View Full Version : Honda

yellow400ex05
03-13-2005, 10:29 AM
Whats been going on with Honda lately??? They seem to have been focusing on their cars more than their ORV! (off road vehicle line up) I think its a good thing that they made a truck and some hybrids and all, but ever since 2005 started they seem to be falling behind in things. The 450r was one of the best atvs' that came out. The 450r is the perfect competetor (sp) for the yfz 450. But like lets say 4 example they don't seem to care about the other quads and dirtbikes except the 450r. And honda seems to be getting way cheaper on stuff like the trx 250ex for example all they did to its this year was put trx on the plastics which is really UNimpressive! and they made the 400ex look like the 450r which IMO is not the best idea yet, bc they could have made diffrent plastics so there atvs' don't all look the same bc that would get old extremely quick, and it has! But the best thing they did to the 400ex this year was put reverse! Soon they're going to discontinue a model bc they havent been updating it and no one seems 2 be interested in it anymore! Soon the z250 will be blowing the 250ex 2 bits bc they been updating things more and more! Like Honda won't update there site!!! Now how lazy is that!!! like they shuld have a honda sit like yamahas where u hit an electric start button and u hear ur quad or have more pictures of the quad so u no wat the whole thing looks like, like wat Kawasaki is doing. Also they should have a new review every month, for every quad and dirtbike! If your customers learn more about them then you will have more sales and make more money 2 come out with a new model. All I'm saying is Honda better get moving or they will be in the back of the pack with the other outdated models!

:ermm: :ermm:

Punk'd
03-13-2005, 11:28 AM
Give them some time they are a big company but I do understand were your coming from I dont like how there starting to look the same. Maybe this summer they will have some surprizes for us. But as of right now im happy with my 450r but I wouldnt mind haveing reverse for trails:D

bulkdriverlp
03-13-2005, 11:41 AM
honda has seemed to be falling behind in the "bells and whistles" department for quite a while. the rancher this year has switchable 2-4 wd. the 450r is a real good machine. they havent changed the 300ex since its came out, why change a good thing. (some may dissagree). honda is a real reliable machine, that is more important than having electric start and frames breaking and other issues the other companies have. they will probobly always will have the best quality.i.m.o.

86350x
03-13-2005, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
honda has seemed to be falling behind in the "bells and whistles" department for quite a while. the rancher this year has switchable 2-4 wd. the 450r is a real good machine. they havent changed the 300ex since its came out, why change a good thing. (some may dissagree). honda is a real reliable machine, that is more important than having electric start and frames breaking and other issues the other companies have. they will probobly always will have the best quality.i.m.o.

They should change the reverse on the 300ex, thats about it. All of my honda's have been great. But the big bore 250r's frame was dog poop. There newer frames seem to be tough as nails though.

I think they just need to make a 650ex with e-start, keep it the same size chassis wise as the 400ex.

Butters
03-13-2005, 01:00 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if they got rid of the 300ex now that the 400 has reverse.

yellow400ex05
03-13-2005, 06:08 PM
what do u mean they will get rid of the 300ex now that the 400ex has reverse???

I dont understand?

stonerider250x
03-13-2005, 06:21 PM
takin 300ex out of the lieup would be a very stupid desicon that im sure they wont make. if they did that the would be takin their whole youth racing program out...the 300ex and blaster are the majority of the youth production and other classes for 13-16 year olds at local events. i mean u dont ever see a 250ex in one of those races so i think if they took any off the line that would be it because it is less common than the rest but i doubt they will get rid of it either. honda has a great line up of quads and i dont see any of the sports quads goin anywhere.

rollie
03-13-2005, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by stonerider250x
takin 300ex out of the lieup would be a very stupid desicon that im sure they wont make.

i agree while honda does not market the 300ex as a "race quad" i think they know very well how many people use them for racing,i would how ever like to see a lighter 300ex not that it really needs it...but why not?

honduh440
03-13-2005, 06:27 PM
atv's are less then 10% of HONDA . lets see sell 40 thousand dollar trucks or 6000 atvs

stonerider250x
03-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer12
i agree while honda does not market the 300ex as a "race quad" i think they know very well how many people use them for racing,i would how ever like to see a lighter 300ex not that it really needs it...but why not?

they did its called a 250x..lol :p nah its only a couple pounds lighter

chucked
03-13-2005, 06:30 PM
I dont mind, keeps them cheaper.

Butters
03-13-2005, 08:06 PM
i didn't say they would but who knows. they should get rid of the 250 even though it has competition against the z250.

Punk'd
03-13-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by honduh440
atv's are less then 10% of HONDA . lets see sell 40 thousand dollar trucks or 6000 atvs

Yes but atvs are a big market they sell tons but right now there prob to busy eatin rice:blah:

Pappy
03-13-2005, 08:29 PM
until Honda falls behind in marketshare, they have no reason to make something superior then what they are offering. its all economics

Butters
03-13-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
until Honda falls behind in marketshare, they have no reason to make something superior then what they are offering. its all economics

basically. they are going to have to be last when comparing them to yamaha, kawasaki, and suzuki in sales before you see them kicking it in the pants.