PDA

View Full Version : Raptor vs. YFZ

Toyman220
03-12-2005, 11:27 PM
O.k. I am getting a new quad this week. I have narrowed it down to either a Raptor or a YFZ. I am about 6"1 and 250lbs. I ride slow with my family, and hard with my friends. Most of my riding is sand, with a little trail and track mixed in. I just have to figure out which of these quads is best for me. I don't have to be the fastest thing on the sand but I do want to keep up with my buddies YFZ and Predator. Is there a juge difference between the Raptor and the yfz? Which would be the best for me? I have ridden a raptor but not a yfz. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Hon300ex
03-13-2005, 09:22 AM
when u sed u ride slow with your familly i thought raptor but then u sed i ride hard ith my friends. id go with the yfz but thats just me.

YFZ450Ridr
03-13-2005, 05:43 PM
honestly, i would say go with the raptor. if you ride soley track then the yfz but when you say u ride with your family, buds, track, trail and dunes, then the raptor is your bike. the raptor and predator are pretty farely matched and the yfz is a little faster. for the dunes i dont think there is a better bike than the raptor. it is a very versitle quad with a lot of good features.

Toyman220
03-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Just wanted to update you guys. My decision was easy to make. My wife showed up at the house this morning with a 05 Raptor. She told me if I want somthing different after I ride it, she will ride it and I can get somthing different. So far I am loving it though. 450 is definately a little quicker, but the raptor is great to ride. Thanks guys.